Author Topic: Valentines...  (Read 24514 times)

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
  • thanks guys!! I love ya's to bits <3
Re: Valentines...
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2007, 03:35:42 AM »

This is my 50th post.... I feel like such a slacker.

You think that's a problem?...
I've turned into an SBG whore!!   ;)  :o
I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances ~  Martha Washington

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2007, 05:22:13 AM »
Ok, so I know this isn't nearly as romantic as Valentines Day...  it doesn't involve expensive jewelry, or candy, or cards or flowers or any of that stuff... But I get the feeling you guy'll get a kick out of this... it's a new holiday... let's all look forward to celebrating...

http://www.steakandbjday.com/

only 30 days left ;D b$@Y

P.S.

can't wait for that one.

You think that's a problem?...
I've turned into an SBG whore!!   ;)  :o

i am the pimp. p!m*

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2007, 06:40:38 AM »
Now that it's Feb. 15th, I'm hoping we can all breathe a sigh of relief.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Shiny

• Sly
  • Celebrate the bean
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2007, 07:14:49 AM »
and for the sad little @%*$!#'s like me....

lol, maybe one day, ay?!!  ;) :-*

Well Magma worry not little bird from across the pond...  How does it go again...  'tis better to have loved and lost than to never loved at all?  Bull$h!t !!! 
You may be single and wishing you had someone to celebrate this romantic day with and I feel for you, I really do.  However, my significant other and I are hundreds of miles apart and while I said many times over the past week that "I'm off the hook this year", when it came to be Feb 14 I missed her more than ever and a phonecall was all that could be given or received.  Not even a kiss  :'(
Oh well...  how does it go again...  If you can't be with the one you love honey...  >:D
Just kidding of course   
I'm Brian and so is my wife!

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2007, 07:18:32 AM »
Ok, so I know this isn't nearly as romantic as Valentines Day...  it doesn't involve expensive jewelry, or candy, or cards or flowers or any of that stuff... But I get the feeling you guy'll get a kick out of this... it's a new holiday... let's all look forward to celebrating...

http://www.steakandbjday.com/

only 30 days left ;D b$@Y

P.S.

That's a man's holiday right there by golly
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2007, 08:50:41 AM »

Well Magma worry not little bird from across the pond...  How does it go again...  'tis better to have loved and lost than to never loved at all?  Bull$h!t !!! 
You may be single and wishing you had someone to celebrate this romantic day with and I feel for you, I really do.  However, my significant other and I are hundreds of miles apart and while I said many times over the past week that "I'm off the hook this year", when it came to be Feb 14 I missed her more than ever and a phonecall was all that could be given or received.  Not even a kiss  :'(

poor you! still, at least you got a phonecall.... :-*
and just think how you're gonna feel when you're reunited and fall into each others' arms again...sigh!!  :@`
I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances ~  Martha Washington

Offline frostillicus123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Forgot to Shave this morning
    • My Twitter Explict Language
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2007, 08:09:15 PM »

will you be my Valentine

aaaw, that's sweet...but aint you married?!!!  :o

Swear at me again lady and we're fighting.... naw i'm not married I ahve a girlfriend and I do love her to death.... but you can still be my valentine.... I remebmer in elementry school having 25 valentines.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/071111/samp9a1d5d13c394b3da.jpg[/img] [/url]

BaldRob

« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2007, 08:16:46 PM »

will you be my Valentine

Swear at me again lady and we're fighting.... naw i'm not married I ahve a girlfriend and I do love her to death.... but you can still be my valentine.... I remebmer in elementry school having 25 valentines.

Ahhhh... those were the days!  :@`

Offline schro

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2007, 08:19:53 PM »
yeah, but that's 24 additional mouths you gotta listen to ......... pass.  :Xo!

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2007, 08:51:56 PM »

will you be my Valentine

fine, then get the gloves on!! 
(sharing is overrated)   ^-^

Offline schro

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2007, 08:55:20 PM »
here here!!  h3ry3

Offline Vash

• Be Kind For Everyone You Meet Is Fighting A Hard Battle
  • Super Sly
  • Bald, Bearded, Tattooed, Awesome!
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2007, 10:55:16 PM »
However, my significant other and I are hundreds of miles apart and while I said many times over the past week that "I'm off the hook this year", when it came to be Feb 14 I missed her more than ever and a phonecall was all that could be given or received.  Not even a kiss  :'(

I can remember you pain brother.

Last Valentine's day I was involved with a (French) woman who lived (and still does) in England. We dated long distance for well over a year. We met here in person at a music festival I was playing at and we kept in touch via phone/internet. She came here to visit, I went there. We'd see one another for weeks at a time, then not at all (other than cam) for months. It was rough.

Last Valentine's Day I had a friend of hers (who had a key to her place) leave a rose, a poem I'd written her and some chocolates for her to find after work. We talked on the phone and that had to be good enough.

She and I eventually couldn't manage to make it work long distance, and neither could move to another country, so it all came to an end. As a result this was my first solo Valentine's Day in a few years.

Anyway, I know what your going through and you have my heartfelt hopes that it gets easier for you.

Long distance sucks.

~Vash

FB: Vashon Bench
Twitter: @gingerbeardpdx
Instagram: @gingerbeardpdx

Offline Shiny

• Sly
  • Celebrate the bean
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2007, 05:33:21 AM »
Oh ya that kind of a relationship sounds like an excersize in frustration and lonliness for sure.  Thankfully, there's only about 6 weeks left of the season up here in the oil patch and come April, I'll be back home (and out of work) for at least 2 months.  By the end of that stretch, we'll have had enough of each other for a while.   ;)
I'm Brian and so is my wife!

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2007, 08:01:50 AM »
I can understand your frustration as well Shiny. Before the wife and I decided to get married, we lived about 250 miles apart. I would drive to Albuquerque to see her any chance I got, but it still sucked. Some days I would leave at about 4 Saturday afternoon, then drive back home Sunday night. It was rough, but it sounds like you guys have dealt with this kind of thing before.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline frostillicus123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Forgot to Shave this morning
    • My Twitter Explict Language
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2007, 11:54:55 AM »

lol I like you... my kind of girl.... so are you my valentine?

will you be my Valentine

fine, then get the gloves on!! 
(sharing is overrated)   ^-^
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/071111/samp9a1d5d13c394b3da.jpg[/img] [/url]