Author Topic: Any fighters in the house?  (Read 4777 times)

Offline Kratos

• Super Sly
  • Finally inked
Any fighters in the house?
« on: March 24, 2009, 09:48:26 PM »
I figured this would fit right in with fitness and diet. I study Boxing, Muay-Thai and BJJ and if anyone is interested and has thought about doing it, give it a shot, it's incredibly fun. Boxing especially, it's an incredible cardio workout and will help you shed pounds for those who want to lose weight. But not only does it get you into great shape, it's self defense! We all know how dangerous it can be out there, so why not learn some defense skills. Overall I can say it is a superb form of exercise, makes you feel that much more confident (along with the bald head of course), and is just plain awesome. 

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Any fighters in the house?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 04:24:33 AM »
Welcome to the Forum Peter.......
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Sean25

• Super Sly
  • 2010 sly fantasy football champ!
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 06:19:42 AM »
Yeah I used to box and wrestle.  Always wanted to add kick boxing or something like Muay-Thai in the mix.  Excellent cardio indeed. 

Offline PeripheralxMvmnt

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • A vida não é ruim.
    • Program Hound
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 06:39:50 AM »
I used to wrestle, but i really want to learn Krav Maga or Capoeira. sadly the closest place is about at least an hour away.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/080816/sampace1aad00c2d75ff.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline Kratos

• Super Sly
  • Finally inked
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 08:23:33 AM »
Thank you MikeKoz!, For you former wrestlers, I've always wanted to do Greco Roman, seems really fun. Sean, if you like boxing I'm pretty sure you'd enjoy Muay Thai as well, it's brutal. Peripheral, I have a friend who did Krav-Maga for about 3 years, he really enjoyed it. It's unfortunate the closest place is a half hour away though, that will be pretty rough on gas.

Offline BlackJamesRackham

• Sly Bucco
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2009, 09:48:55 AM »
would love to learn to box...or at least train like a boxer to get into even better shape
Rockin' "Sly" since 2008

Offline DuffRyder17

• Super Sly
  • Waning days of College Life
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2009, 10:08:07 AM »
I used to be in Boxing Club as well as Taekwondo club here at school... but I have a job now and my studies have grown alittle more demanding.
Never got the nerve to compete in either. I am only a Yellow belt in TKD.
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, That's why it's called the present!

Offline flyforaslyguy

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2009, 11:02:29 AM »
Been into boxing for years now, still train regularly and its been integral in keeping me in shape for the last 4 or 5 years. I've competed at minor amateur level, but a couple things happened that stopped me progressing beyond this though I try to spar as regularly as i can. Boxing is easily my favourite sport to watch and participate in, to me nothing comes close to the sweet science  O0

Offline Kratos

• Super Sly
  • Finally inked
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2009, 08:17:12 PM »
Thats great you guys have boxing experience. I can't get enough of it. TKD is also a great art. I look at videos of it on youtube pretty often and those kicks are nasty.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2009, 08:22:58 AM »
When I was much much younger, my dad and I took some kickboxing classes. It was a great work out and we loved it. I should probably find something like that again. Round is becoming my shape now.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Kratos

• Super Sly
  • Finally inked
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2009, 11:58:45 PM »
Hahaha no need to worry PigPen. If you loved it before I'm sure it would be easy to jump right back in and enjoy just it as much.

Offline CatchWrestler101

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2009, 12:11:05 PM »

Yes

:P

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2009, 01:53:05 PM »
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Kratos

• Super Sly
  • Finally inked
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2009, 04:08:35 PM »
Congrats on the trophy, what competition was that?

Offline ChefBaldie

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2009, 11:57:20 PM »
I am a wrestling coach, wrestling greco-roman, freestyle, and some college style. Always loved greco over them all. I have 5 fights under my belt, that I won all on my wrestling and submission skills. I threw some mean kicks that took them down and then I went in with what I knew, or had taught my self. Around here theres no one that trainers unless there 250 miles away.

Heres a link to a pic from my first fight, ended up getting chocked out, but hey whatever. (llok at my awful red "haircut")
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.editAlbumPhoto&albumID=430532&imageID=3855389&MyToken=4db2e4b5-30ba-4bac-88cc-930cfb7667e4
Cooking Bald