Author Topic: think of starting my own side business  (Read 1869 times)

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
think of starting my own side business
« on: March 24, 2009, 08:25:07 AM »
Need help on how i should approach starting my own side business, a friend has an idea for import/export and i would like to go in to running my own business, but i need help with how to go about drawing up a business plan and a market plan

Offline andrew

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Sly for life ...
Re: think of starting my own side business
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 10:10:36 AM »
You may want to contact your local Small Business Administration or Chamber of Commerce, as they may have information or programs to help guide you through the process of setting up a business plan.

15 years ago, I met with our Small Business Administration and they had members of their organization that were retired business owners that were available to mentor new/upcoming business owners.  The process was invaluable for me.

Best of Luck ...

Andrew
“The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.”
–Albert Einstein

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 07:15:50 PM »
thanks for the tip, i did contact my local chamber of commerence and they gave me a phone number for the score- the retired businessmeans association which gives free advice, first before i go into business iam going to pay off all my credit cards

You may want to contact your local Small Business Administration or Chamber of Commerce, as they may have information or programs to help guide you through the process of setting up a business plan.

15 years ago, I met with our Small Business Administration and they had members of their organization that were retired business owners that were available to mentor new/upcoming business owners.  The process was invaluable for me.

Best of Luck ...

Andrew

SlyHigh

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 07:35:44 AM »
Check and see if your state has a Small Business Development Center.   They are usually located on university campuses.  They will help you research, develop business plans, etc.  Free of charge.  I know Arkansas and several other states have them.  They will be better than the SBA for the help you need.