Poll

Should i be patient and wait for Propecia effect or shave?

go bald
42 (97.7%)
give it some time to see effect
1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: April 04, 2009, 11:07:14 PM

Author Topic: wait for effect propecia or take the dunk  (Read 32396 times)

Offline dave523

• Still not really used to being a bald dude and nose looks huge since baldness :-(
  • Sly Jr.
  • Result 26 march 2009
wait for effect propecia or take the dunk
« on: March 21, 2009, 11:07:14 PM »
Posted this message under "miscellaneaous" where i used to chitchat about our weather or not to accept fate. Sean25 and SLYinKc advised me to put it in a new thread. So i did.

"Hi Guys,

I have been off this forum for a while and instead of taking your advise a did the opposite. I took propecia and still do. I've been using it for some times and i do not see any reaults as of yet, but i hope it will bring some results. Maybe i am too impatient and should wait for some more months, but maybe i am fighting an uphill battle. Fed up with this fate.

One of my bald buddies noticed and told me i should shave and i made a bet with him. If 30 different members of this forum vote: "Bald" within two weeks from now, i will shave it all off and stop taking propecia for at least 10 months. But if less than 15 vote "Bald" i get to keep my hair and can take propecia as much if i want and He cannot shave his head for two months (which will look   :D ).

Let us have ur votes plz.

Cheers Dave (and Tom)
"

Offline 20, bald, and loving it

• Team Sly
  • Sly
Re: wait for effect propecia or take the dunk
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 11:09:16 PM »
go for it. I think that all of us here will tell you to stay away from the propecia.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 11:09:50 PM »
Dude...... you'll have 30 different members by Monday AM...... it won't take two weeks.....
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 11:21:49 PM »
Dude, we'll make sure 30 vote if I have to threaten to ban them.  I don't want to see you keep making the mistake of taking propecia.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2009, 11:24:00 PM »
15 minutes int othis and already 10% to the goal of 30. Get that razor cleaned up Dude!
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline dave523

• Still not really used to being a bald dude and nose looks huge since baldness :-(
  • Sly Jr.
  • Result 26 march 2009
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2009, 11:38:07 PM »
15 minutes int othis and already 10% to the goal of 30. Get that razor cleaned up Dude!

hehehe dude, it is making me a bit nervous  :-\

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2009, 11:56:48 PM »
Putting ridiculously dangerous chemicals into your body for the rest of your life (you do realize that you need to keep taking it, right?) is what should be making you nervous!

Offline Dome of Steele

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2009, 01:40:08 AM »
It's my understanding that Propecia doesn't cause re-growth for most people who take it.  Rather it just helps to keep you where you are at.  There is no guarantee, it is expensive, and you still must keep buying other expensive products, such as shampoos and styling agents for the rest of your life. 

The fact that you face this decision, and that you are leaving your fate in the hands of strangers on a sly website, makes me think that you want to shave, but that you just need some backup. 

Well, your backup is here. 

Head to the local grocery or "apotheke" and get a good razor and some shaving gel or oil. 

<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/090813/sampff0212de70bbab6a.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline The Scottish Ambassador

• Scottish Ambassador to SBG!
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2009, 03:07:29 AM »
I really cant beleive that we are all having to vote to stop this guy from swallowing CHEMICALS  :/O . The world has truly flipped. Get a grip man and shave. 
If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got!

Offline hammerdrill376

• Get your SLY on
  • Sly Bureau
    • Welcome to our little part on the web
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2009, 05:55:43 AM »
Get the razor...do the deed...and enjoy the SLY lifestyle. You'll be glad you did that instead of injesting chemicals the rest of your life that could cause God only knows what side effects.
Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place. If victorious we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.

Gen. Robert E. Lee C.S.A

Offline dave523

• Sly Jr.
  • Result 26 march 2009
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2009, 06:00:15 AM »
Feel a strong sentiment against propecia here. Don't want to start a discussion here but i haven't had any side effects, maybe that it why it doesn't feel like chemicals. if i ever do, i would quit immediately off course.

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2009, 06:18:31 AM »
Putting ridiculously dangerous chemicals into your body for the rest of your life (you do realize that you need to keep taking it, right?) is what should be making you nervous!

There's a good reason why bootedbear put those words in bold. Also, it's truly liberating to shave your head (a good reason I put those letters in bold). SHAVE IT.

Also, think of all the $$$ you'll save. That's good, but the confidence you'll gain by shaving it........PRICELESSO:O

5t*mp

So, you shaved it yet?

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline The Scottish Ambassador

• Scottish Ambassador to SBG!
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2009, 06:32:13 AM »
Feel a strong sentiment against propecia here. Don't want to start a discussion here but i haven't had any side effects, maybe that it why it doesn't feel like chemicals. if i ever do, i would quit immediately off course.

This is crazy. Thats like saying I know cigarettes might be bad for me but I will stop when I get lung cancer  :Xo! :Xo! :Xo! :Xo! :Xo!
If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got!

Offline Sly Red

• GSG Southerner in Exile
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2009, 06:51:43 AM »
Just shave your head, you've been on the fence for months.

Red
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

Offline MikeM

• Sly
  • With two ears and 50 pounds of kid.
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2009, 07:05:26 AM »
Shave.