Author Topic: i need your guys opinions on this sticky situation  (Read 4143 times)

Offline Ghost1988

• Ultimate Sly Guy
i need your guys opinions on this sticky situation
« on: March 16, 2009, 06:17:41 PM »
ok heres the story.........

remember about a month or so back when i had a double date and brought my duechbag friend along who stole my thunder and ended up takin my date (unintentionally according to him)? well about a week ago he went on a date with this other girl which ended up going horrible and she wasnt feeling him AT ALL. that night after the date i ended up messaging her on facebook comforting her about the bad date and everything, and letting her vent to me. we ended up talking for a couple days after that, then she started calling me to talk and we got closer. well as of today she REALLY has a thing for me and tells me all the time how sweet i am and how much different i am than my friend, and we have a date scheduled for tommorow night.

now my question is......should i feel bad about going on a date with a girl my buddy had/has a thing for? i mean isnt it a dude rule that you DO NOT talk,flirt,or pay any attention to your friends interest? i know he did the same type of thing to me but i feel like a dick of a friend to be getting so attached to this girl and going on a date with her.

he knows i talk to her and was pissed at first but now claims he doesnt care. i feel like hes just saying that and really does but i cant tell. hes also talking to 2 other girls at the same time so wtf? lol

whatta you guys think? go on the date with her or be a good friend and not?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 06:19:16 PM by Ghost1988 »

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: i need your guys opinions on this sticky situation
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 06:24:17 PM »
Don't feel bad at all.  Things obviously didn't work out with them and they are with you.  Tell him it was "unintentional."
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline DuffRyder17

• Super Sly
  • Waning days of College Life
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 06:34:08 PM »
well I am a bros b4 hoes guy....
but dude F tha, go on the date.. I don't how good of a friend this guy is... but getting a few dates under you belt is a good way to get your sly swagger.'
congrats. goodluck
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, That's why it's called the present!

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 06:35:29 PM »
Yeah: go for it.  Your mate messed up, but it isnt your problem: that's life! 8)

Offline nomad

• Sly Beach Bum!!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Conch Republic Bikinis
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 06:37:45 PM »
I wouldn't feel bad at all bro there was no connection at all with them so go for it and like Duff said you need some dates under your belt brother

Offline OzPete

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2009, 08:22:31 PM »
Go on the date.  >:D

Offline Sean25

• Super Sly
  • 2010 sly fantasy football champ!
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2009, 08:58:03 PM »
One date means nothing.  She's fair game my man.  If he gets mad about it then he's an idiot.  I agree with Duff about the bros before the ladies but one horrible date doesn't count.

Offline andrew

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Sly for life ...
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2009, 09:05:06 PM »
Absolutely - go on the date.   His going after your date while you were double-dating was a very low move.   Although that date didn't go well for you, it still was a date with her.  Now, you're going on a second date.   He is still the one that was wrong.   You're simply going on a second date.

I'm not so sure he'd still be my friend ....   but, I hold grudges for a lifetime.

It sounds like just being yourself has gone a long way with this girl.   Have fun on the date....

Andrew
“The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.”
–Albert Einstein

Offline 20, bald, and loving it

• Team Sly
  • Sly
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2009, 09:20:00 PM »
Go on the date.

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2009, 09:20:24 PM »
Does he own her? No. Just because he's got an interest?

If she doesn't have interest, then she's a free agent -- as long as she's not leading him on or anything like that. As long as she's being up-front with the dude, you're free to make a move.

Offline BaldMark

• Sly
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2009, 09:29:39 PM »
The guys are right go on the date!  It's not like your breaking up a marriage.  That is what dating is all about trying to find YOUR match. 

Offline babb4214

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2009, 09:37:31 PM »
dude, go for it! number one, he did you dirty in the first place... PLUS... it's not like you are trying to get back at him or anything, and it seems like this girl is persuing you more than anything, so what that he was "interested" in her, he's got other intrests at the same time so what's the big deal? it's not like they were together by any means and she's not feelin him, so there's no guy rule broken....if he says he doesn't care, take his word for it and go for it anyways, if he does care and just says he doesn't, he's being a girl about it and needs to man up and say something. just my two cents.

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2009, 11:12:18 PM »
Go on the date, take pictures, and send them to your (soon to be former) friend.
Sorry, couldn't resist.

Seriously, good luck to ya.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline nomad

• Sly Beach Bum!!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Conch Republic Bikinis
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2009, 11:43:33 PM »
Go on the date, take pictures, and send them to your (soon to be former) friend.
Sorry, couldn't resist.

Schro got love it man that is too dam funny  :*)) :*)) :*))

Offline Ghost1988

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2009, 11:49:37 PM »
Sorry, couldn't resist.

haha sounds like a good idea.