Author Topic: Tanning a freshly shaved head  (Read 43266 times)

Offline nor_cal

• Sly Guy in Training
Tanning a freshly shaved head
« on: March 15, 2009, 01:29:24 PM »
Greetings.  Just went sly again yesterday.  My scalp and face are VERY pale, and I'm looking to get a little bit of a tan without charring my scalp.  I was thinking of slipping in a tanning bed w/o sunscreen for 10 minutes.  Will this burn the scalp?  Does anyone have other good ideas for tanning a white scalp without burning it?  Your help is much appreciated.

parksie

Re: Tanning a freshly shaved head
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 01:40:36 PM »
Hiya Congrats on going sly again.  O0  If i were you I would not go without sunscreen tan your head slowly but do not burn it its very very uncomfortable.

Offline Head Bald Guy

• Super Sly
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 03:58:51 PM »
Never go without Sunscreen as the head burns faster than the rest of the body. Use a sunscreen that allows you to tan and not burn!

HBG

BALDANDRE

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2009, 04:30:36 PM »
Take it slow bro...

a peeling bald head does NOT look good...

an even, perfect slick dome is worth the wait!

Offline SBG Math Guy

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • me with little shadow
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2009, 04:54:36 PM »
Just enjoy what you have.  People spend lots of time thinking about what they don't have,.  Focus instead on what you do have.   
I agree with BALDANGRE.   

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2009, 10:51:56 PM »
Put some sunscreen on and get some occasional sun.  Before you know it you'll have a tan dome without burning.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline StumpyDave

• Super Sly
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2009, 10:45:32 AM »
Don't do what I did in Antigua last week.
Use lots of sun block well rubbed in.  Otherwise you can get a kind of striped effect.  It settles after the redness has faded and the peeling has finished.

Offline Ghost1988

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2009, 01:29:50 PM »
ive honestly NEVER used sunscreen on my head and its never burned. for some reason my face will burn but not my head. ill actually have a burn line deviding my face from my dome its strange.

Offline The Scottish Ambassador

• Scottish Ambassador to SBG!
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2009, 04:06:50 PM »
Avoid tanning booths my friend. Skin cancer aint worth it. Follow the brothers advice. As my old maths teacher once told me "softly, softly, catchy monkey". In other words take it gradually.
If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got!

Offline rward086

• Sly
    • Myspace
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2009, 09:36:41 PM »
Don't do what I did in Antigua last week.
Use lots of sun block well rubbed in.  Otherwise you can get a kind of striped effect.  It settles after the redness has faded and the peeling has finished.

Very cool pic of you and your kids!  O0
"God only blessed a handful of people with perfect heads - The rest he covered with hair."

W3!ght

Offline MLNHD

• Super Sly
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2009, 04:06:52 PM »
Welcome to SLYland, nor_cal.  PLEASE go easy on the sun exposure.  Use sunscreen.  Don't want to ruin the look, or put your dermatologist's kid through college.   :)
Sly addict since July 22, 2007.

Offline Dome of Steele

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2009, 11:10:37 PM »
My winter pale was brought in by going on 10 minute rides to class both ways.  No sunscreen.  So that's 20 mins a day.  If you're gonna be out longer than 25 I'd put some low spf on. 
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/090813/sampff0212de70bbab6a.jpg[/img] [/url]