Author Topic: Anti-Fog Shower Mirror  (Read 3436 times)

Offline Sly Red

• GSG Southerner in Exile
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
Anti-Fog Shower Mirror
« on: March 12, 2009, 04:34:58 PM »
I know a lot of you guys shave in the shower.  Does anyone have a recommendation for a good Anti-Fog shower mirror?  Tell me the brand or where you got it.  I did an Amazon search and was overwhelmed with the number of selections.

Red

In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

Offline R o b 6

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Anti-Fog Shower Mirror
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 04:39:01 PM »
I picked one up at Wal-Mart. works great. Smear some shaving cream on it and rinse it off and it's even less likely to fog up (thanks, Stu, for that tip!). I think it was under $15.

Offline SBG Math Guy

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • me with little shadow
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 04:51:15 PM »
lol I am behind on everything.   :/O   So there are anti-fog mirrors?  That's so cool because I love shaving in the shower but I want to have something to look at  (and not end up shaving my eye-brows like someone did here)

parksie

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 09:29:23 PM »
lol I am behind on everything.   :/O   So there are anti-fog mirrors?  That's so cool because I love shaving in the shower but I want to have something to look at  (and not end up shaving my eye-brows like someone did here)

Lol thats just not right lol... Whoever  could you mean lol

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2009, 04:30:50 AM »
I also have the WalMart model and it's nice because it has too little hooks for hanging your razors on.

Be careful what you clean it with though..... my wife cleaned it with something a few weeks back and it's ability to fend off fog has decreased substantially.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline BlackJamesRackham

• Sly Bucco
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2009, 11:42:07 AM »
red good seeing you around!

yeah i picked one up from bed and bath for 10 bucks. and just as some mentioned, rub on some shaving cream or gel and rinse to keep it even fog free-er. most "fog free" mirrors alone will not be completely fog free
Rockin' "Sly" since 2008

Offline Eweb

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2009, 05:46:29 PM »
I bought mine from Wal-Mart. It has two suction cups on the back of the mirror holder and a removable mirror, so you can fill it up with water.  It's very nice, but I can't remember how much it was, wasn't much though...

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2009, 04:02:20 PM »
I'm getting this one for my bday in April I believe.
http://www.menkind.co.uk/Productdetailsgeneral.asp?ProductID=204
10 bucks plus shipping

Offline Sly Red

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2009, 07:01:12 AM »
OK, I went out shopping and made a selection.  I bought an interDesign Power Lock Fog Free mirror at Bed Bath & Beyond.  Cost about $15.00.  Getting ready to use it for the first time this morning.  Will report back later.
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

Offline cleaner

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2009, 01:33:40 AM »
i got one at target a few years ago and its lost the fog free ability but i find that putting a thin layer of soap on it keeps it fog free. Just get soap on your hand and smear it across.

Offline Sly Red

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2009, 05:14:16 AM »
Thanks for the comments guys.  I'm convinced that a shower mirror is one of those things that probably needs to be replaced annually.  The new mirror I bought has a lot of distortion.  I wish they weren't packaged in blister-pack so that you could see the reflection better before buying.

Red

Enter your email address: