Author Topic: Sound system for your ride(s)  (Read 1828 times)

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Sound system for your ride(s)
« on: March 12, 2009, 08:41:05 AM »
I really enjoy music, especially when I'm driving. Road trip or in town, doesn't matter I like to hear my tunes through some quality equipment. I recently acquired another car to replace my 1998 Ford Taurus. It's a beautiful 1991 Acura Integra. The factory stereo was definitely lacking due to age and it's only got a tape deck in it. I installed a Blaupunkt Monterrey MP35. After that, my suspicions about the factory speakers were confirmed. They're toast. The two in the rear deck sound like they've been blown for a while. The two in the doors are a little staticky. So I'll be replacing the fronts and rears soon. Found some very nice JL Audio speakers for the front and a nice set of Kenwoods for the rear.

So how about it? Anyone else like to make their listening experience an enjoyable one?

In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Sound system for your ride(s)
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 09:45:41 AM »
i have a record player in my back seat......lol

Offline ChefBaldie

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 09:48:50 AM »
I had an 8track player with 4 12' subs in my camper. But yes I like to have a wonderful music experience. I always put some new 6x9's in when ever I buy a car, then get subs for the specific car and put in a cd player
Cooking Bald

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 12:03:58 PM »
I had an 8track player with 4 12' subs in my camper. But yes I like to have a wonderful music experience. I always put some new 6x9's in when ever I buy a car, then get subs for the specific car and put in a cd player

That's what I'm talkin about! I had a Chevy S-10 with a 10" kicker behind the seat and a 250 watt amp. I had to move the seat so far up it was uncomfortable on long trips, but I could shake the mirrors!
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Sean25

• Super Sly
  • 2010 sly fantasy football champ!
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 12:13:52 PM »
Yeah I definitely went through that stage.  I had more amps and sub woofers in my first car that I lost count.  I always stuck with pioneer though, just because of their reputation and they did the job well.  I probably bought about 3 or 4 different cd players to go along with them.  Always bought the warranty then when the 2 years would roll around I would trade em in.  The weird thing is the kind of music I played didn't really call for much bass but I did it anyways.

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2009, 12:42:06 PM »
Yeah I definitely went through that stage.  I had more amps and sub woofers in my first car that I lost count.  I always stuck with pioneer though, just because of their reputation and they did the job well.  I probably bought about 3 or 4 different cd players to go along with them.  Always bought the warranty then when the 2 years would roll around I would trade em in.  The weird thing is the kind of music I played didn't really call for much bass but I did it anyways.

I like to feel my music, not just hear it

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2009, 07:38:13 PM »

I like to feel my music, not just hear it

i figured you got enough vibration off your tractor going down gravel roads...lol

Offline THier

• Super Sly
  • Sorry for bad camera phone pic,,
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2009, 04:08:32 AM »
PT has Pioneer DEH7800 head unit, PRS4000 amp, GM310  (I think) sub amp, REV series components up front , REV  series coax in rear, JL Stealthbox sub, 1 Farad stiffiner cap. Oh and steering wheel remote.

Suburban has Pioneer DEH 7000 head unit, Infinity Kappa coax in rear, I have, waiting to install Kappa components for front, PRS4000 amp, and an Alumipro 15farard CAP (got a good deal on it). still looking into what to do for sub. Stock stereo was junk (didn't work) rear speakers didn't work, so I had to get that done right away. will finish the rest of "basic" system real soon. Sub will wait for a while.

Tom
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 04:11:09 AM by THier »