Author Topic: Bald musicians  (Read 29980 times)

Offline HardKor

• Sly Jr.
  • I Love Cam!
    • GodsGirls
Bald musicians
« on: February 12, 2007, 02:09:37 PM »
My favorite bald musician is Scooter Ward, the lead singer of Cold and his new band When November Falls.

http://www.myspace.com/whennovemberfallsmusicgroup

« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 02:11:56 PM by hardkormysteria »

*~Kori Loves Cam~*

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Bald musicians
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 03:05:23 PM »
Wow! - he's got a really cool sound!  I've added his as a friend on Myspace and will keep a lookout for his album.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 10:56:34 PM »
Good music!  It kinda has a good ol' retro feel to it, but a rock modern spin.
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline socctty

• Sly Jr.
  • Finally sly.
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 12:02:02 AM »
I never really got into Cold... my buddy was into them, though. Btw, you're chick's cute as hell.

My favorite bald musician would have to be Michale Stipe of R.E.M. Yea, a weird dude, but that's part of the charm I guess. Bob Dylan should go sly, then we'll be set.
"You can't hate man if you know him."
- John Steinbeck

"A man's life is interesting primarily when he has failed -- I well know. For it's a sign that he tried to surpass himself."
- Georges Clemenceau

"Nothing is more unsightly than a bald man with hair."
- Martial

Offline Cam

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • The honey tastes sweeter when you anger the bees.
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 12:29:23 AM »
Btw, you're chick's cute as hell.

Actually, that's her account, lol. She loves the bald so much she had to join [this forum] with me!

-Cam

PS - Thanks :)

Slickdome

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2007, 11:45:05 PM »
One of the best musicians out there, who also happens to be a Sly Bald Guy....is Geoff Byrd...

http://www.geoffbyrd.com/

http://jjpath.blogspot.com/2005/12/pop-spotlight-if-i-could-give-grammy.html

and then there's John Rush....

http://www.johnrush.com/

and, of course, Chris Daughtry...

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2007, 01:21:49 AM »
I really like Chris Daughtry.  I recently bought his CD and I'm very impressed with it.  I know tha ta lot of people will dog on him because he's in the Pop Rock genre, but he was on American Idol, so he's going to get that from being on that show.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

BaldRob

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2007, 07:28:24 AM »
I like Chris Daughtry too... brought some good style to AI!

Here's another band with a bald lead singer:

Love Seed Mamma Jump (www.loveseed.com)from Dewey Beach, Delaware.  I saw them quite a few times when I had a weekend beach house there.  They are an awesome band!!

They're pretty big in the Mid Atlantic region and are the official rock band of the Washington Redskins.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2007, 07:33:33 AM »
I like the When November Falls sound. I've liked Chris Daughtry since his first audition for Idol. He's got a unique sound and a powerful voice.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Professor Melon

• Professor Melon
  • Super Sly
  • Professor Melon
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2007, 07:37:11 AM »
 O0 O0 O0 Ahoy, Slickdome. Beautiful collage on an exceptionally good thread. The bald musicians you chose will buoy me up on the occasional down bald day. They are nothing short of inspirational. Any thinning perplexed young man would benefit from seeing these exemplary slick domes and come to appreciate that the sly bald look is not just for grandpa any more. You do a service to this community. Professor Melon
Embrace the bald truth

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2007, 01:51:41 PM »
One of my favorite bald musicians is in the Contemporary Christian music realm.  It is Peter Furler of the group Newsboys.  Great music with a great message from someone who wears the sly look really well!  Go to www.newsboys.com to see what I mean!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2007, 06:39:10 PM »
Have ya heard that Van Halen is doing a tour with David Lee Roth, and Eddie's son--Wolfie--on bass?

David Lee Roth is now balding....so it fits the thread LOL!!

I never liked Van Halen with Sammy Hagar as much as with David Lee.

Offline Shiny

• Sly
  • Celebrate the bean
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2007, 07:12:49 PM »
Have ya heard that Van Halen is doing a tour with David Lee Roth, and Eddie's son--Wolfie--on bass?

David Lee Roth is now balding....so it fits the thread LOL!!

I never liked Van Halen with Sammy Hagar as much as with David Lee.
Van Halen sucked without Roth.  I didn't care much for Roth as an individual (human or performer) but he couldn't be taken out of Van Halen.  Obviously!
But ya I heard that about the tour...  Should be interesting as hell!  What a handle eh?  Wolfgang Van Halen.   Sounds like something out of Young Frankenstein! 

The only bald musician I can think of off the top of my shiny head is Jerry Mercer.  Drummer from April Wine.  You remember them?  Think back a loooong time ago.  Mercer was an awesome drummer and a very intimidating sly dude.

(Hey only one more post to go)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 07:14:31 PM by Shiny »
I'm Brian and so is my wife!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2007, 08:54:01 PM »
Jerry Mercer.  Drummer from April Wine.  You remember them?  Think back a loooong time ago.  Mercer was an awesome drummer and a very intimidating sly dude.

I totally remember him/them.  April Wine ROCKED, man....

Offline Shiny

• Sly
  • Celebrate the bean
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2007, 09:02:40 PM »
Jerry Mercer.  Drummer from April Wine.  You remember them?  Think back a loooong time ago.  Mercer was an awesome drummer and a very intimidating sly dude.

I totally remember him/them.  April Wine ROCKED, man....

Ya I saw them when I was like 14 or so and Mercer did this thing in his drum solo (with the aid of a strobe light of course - we're talking the '70's here) where he was doing a press roll on the snare and then the roll slowed down but he went from a 4 stroke roll to a 3 stroke, 2 stroke etc so his hands were going faster as the roll slowed down.  With the strobe light (and the acid) it was real cool man.   8)

Whoa that's it, 100 posts,  I'm SLY man!
I'm Brian and so is my wife!

Enter your email address: