Author Topic: Annoying question  (Read 2574 times)

Offline FrankyG

• Sly Jr.
  • Nothing beats jumping out of a plane at 800 ft :-)
Annoying question
« on: March 01, 2009, 06:21:44 PM »
Okay, so I have been dating this lady now for about 2 months. And everytime I talk to someone they ask how are things going with so and so. This is getting annoying. It is no longer really a new relationship, and to me it seems they are asking because they are waiting to hear that things are horrible, and we won't be dating much longer. Any way to politely tell these people to stop asking this darn question?

Airborne, means never missing a chance to remind people you are better than them :)

Offline SBG Math Guy

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • me with little shadow
Re: Annoying question
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 06:48:17 PM »
Amazing eh, they are not worrying about politely asking you a dumb question but you are
trying to find a polite way to tell them to stop with nonsense questions.   :/O
I act just like you.  If someone talks garbage I just can't find it in myself to tell them to stop.

There is no polite way to tell them to stop asking this question.   A person who is that ignorant is going to get offended no matter how politely you tell them.   
What you can do is change your reaction to their questions.   You have the power to not care.
Life is like an ice cream cone, enjoy it before it melts............so just don't care, that's all.   O0
Sorry, I hope this helps.

Offline Dome of Steele

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 10:05:22 PM »
You're gonna have to fight fire with fire Franky.  You need to pick a corresponding annoying question. 
If he's in a relationship ask him/her right after you get asked about yours. 
So for example. 

You:Hi.   
Him:Hey, what's up?  So how's it going with Jane Doe? 
You:  Pretty good, you know.  So I was wondering how's it going with (insert name)? 

If he is single you should say.  "So, how's it going, are you still single?  Are you dating anyone? 
This is probably really annoying if asked multiple times. 

You shouldn't stop there though. 
You should have a two question set.  Something unnecessary. 
"So, how's it going at work?"  (or school, or unemployment) 

The key is that you ask the same set of questions. 
Your goal is to get the person to say "Hey!  Why do you keep asking me that!?" 

Then you have achieved your goal.  Because at that time, you say "the same reason you keep asking me about how it's going with ...!"

But that's just what I would do. 
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/090813/sampff0212de70bbab6a.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline FrankyG

• Sly Jr.
  • Nothing beats jumping out of a plane at 800 ft :-)
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 04:32:10 PM »
I like that answer, never thought to do that one. I will have to try.
Airborne, means never missing a chance to remind people you are better than them :)

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 07:17:24 AM »
I was going to say the same thing along the lines that Steele told ya.  Just use fire with fire. 
I would just respond with its going great, why do you ask?  How is your dating life going?  If he says it isnt, then tell him awww too bad because Im having fun.

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 07:38:10 AM »
I just tell them its none of their business.

Offline The Scottish Ambassador

• Scottish Ambassador to SBG!
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2009, 07:48:00 AM »
"Mind your own beeswax"
If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got!

Enter your email address: