Author Topic: Lefties and Righties  (Read 1145 times)

Offline DCdome

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Lefties and Righties
« on: February 24, 2009, 11:28:44 AM »
I have been getting closer shaves since following some advice discovered on this Board.  A sidelight of that is that I now know it is harder for me to get a really close shave at some spots than at others.  Two real tough spots are (1) at the rear. left of my neck and lower head and then (2) on the right side of the dome toward the back.

So at first I was thinking that the hair was just thicker or tougher in those locations for some reason.  Then it occurred to me that it may have to do with the fact that I am a rightie.

I use a Mach3 and grip it with my right hand.  So it could be that I just have a tough time positioning the the blade at the best angle for mowing down the growth at those two spots.  Any of you righties who use Mach 3 have the same problem?  And just as importantly, any of you lefties have similar problems but on the opposite locations?

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Lefties and Righties
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 12:28:21 PM »
OK, I am going to trash this thread...I use both...lol

Offline DCdome

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 02:49:55 PM »
More power to you, Timmay.  It's just that I am so right-handed that I don't feel comfortable using my left to grip the razor.

Offline DuffRyder17

• Super Sly
  • Waning days of College Life
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 02:55:36 PM »
Right hander here...
I use the right hand for the Right side, top side and back side.
Left hand for left side....
just how I feel comfortable doing it... it can get a little spotty if I only go over it once.
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, That's why it's called the present!