Author Topic: Problem  (Read 2628 times)

Offline L0wTeCh

• Learning the way of Sly
Problem
« on: February 22, 2009, 05:50:55 AM »
Well I shave my head for many time going only with the grain(no problems), but I decided to go against the grain and after 1 day my head was cover with small pimples( white).My head is full of them just one beside the other.I can't post a picture, cause I do not have a camera :(
What it is ?

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Problem
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 06:07:29 AM »
Did you shave WITH the grain first and this happened or did you go straight to the against the grain mode?   Are you a sink or shower shaver?   Do you you an exfloriator before shaving?  It might help if you post up your shave routine too.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline L0wTeCh

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 06:34:35 AM »
Well, I have no problems with shaving with the grain.This happened after shaving against the grain.When I shaved agaisnt the grain, I first shaved with, then go against.
I am a sink shaver.No i do not use exfloriator, even do not know what it is.

My shaving routine:
I wet my head for 4-5 with warm water.Then apply shaving cream with a brush (for 1-2 minutes) and use normal gilette for a single time shave.First I shave up pete, then do the sides, and finally the backside of my head.Then apply again shaving cream, go against the grain and finally wash with cold water.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 07:19:26 AM »
Sometimes it takes a while for your scalp to toughen up to the blade.  Apply some witch hazel to the bumps and they should clear up.  Using witch hazel on a daily basis after you shave should prevent them from recurring.  Also, it's not clear to me which Gilette razor you're using.  You may want to try something else -- like a Fusion or Mach III -- that will be a little kinder to your skin.

Offline L0wTeCh

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2009, 07:33:41 AM »
Well I shaved about 4-5 against the grain and every time I did it, I get it.
Well I use very simple gilette razors, cause they are expensive, and as fifteen years old boy I haven't big budget  :(