Author Topic: BALD in the USA  (Read 1786 times)

Offline SNYPER

• Sly Guy in Training
BALD in the USA
« on: February 15, 2009, 04:42:51 PM »
Hey gentlemen it's SNYPER

I recall when I first shaved my head at the young age of 17. I was going through changes like every other
17 year old but the last thought in my mind was to shave my head. It was the summer of '97 and the weather
was ridiculous HOT. I had long wavy hair back then and hated to manage it because it was so much.
Using all kinds of crap on my hair like hairspray and gel etc.
eventually one day I got fed up. I told my older sister to shave my head. Before she shaved my head she wanted complete immunity from any wrongful haircuts.
I agreed and she began shaving off my head. First she used the machine then she used the razor.
I had to admit my sis did a great job.
I knew my father would flip out because he was one of those hard working no bull macho types.
He believed only gang members shaved they're heads. So lame!
I took every precaution when my old man was around. I wore my ball caps even inside the house.
One day I got the call that my old man was gonna surprise me with my first car. A 1980 Dodge Challenger.
At the time I didn't care what kind of make and model I got. A Car is better than no car in my opinion.
So my old man pulls up in my new ride and due to my crazy excitement I totally forgot my baseball cap and stormed out of the house only to receive the coldest most angry blank stare i'd ever seen on my pop's grill.
He got back into the car and rode off. Later in the evening he drove back home in his own sled, drunk of course, and asked me why I shaved my dome. I told him it was because I was tired of managing my hair.
He cited I joined a gang because gang members are typically bald. I told him hello, we live in middle class suburbia and there are not gang members around, let alone I was an honor role wimp. My background is Latino
so my old man was kinda old fashion. Eventually he got over it and finally accepted my new do.
All my friends thought i'd gone completely mad. Some friends also had the bad boy stereotype and thought
I was rebelling and spinning out of control. I was really wimp give me a break.
Gals never gave me the time of day because I was so skinny. The bald do isn't so appealing to chicks if the guys scrawny because it makes a guy look sickly.
My old man took me to his fork lift shop as punishment. There's all kinds of heavy stuff you can lift and my job
was just that. Carrying stuff around and what not. I lifted cinder blocks in the back when no one was looking.
I was trying to avoid the, "oh look someone wants to be macho man!" Damn that Latino Machismo. lol
I beefed up and there is something about being buff and bald. My confidence level went off the charts.
Typically women like a bad boy. If I was a chick I'd probably want a bad boy. lol
All those stories about women not liking bald guys is B.S.
Went back to school as a senior and was noticed immediately. I was bald, I was buff and I was stone cold badd!!
I liked all the positive attention I received.
Especially from the babes ofcourse. Latina women in general like bald men.
They like to rub a man's head. To tell you the truth, i like it when they do it too.
My grades remained the same and I didn't change as a person.
Other dudes began shaving they're heads too. I probably began a trend in that little town.
Ever since then I've been shaving my head. I can't even give ya'll a before pic because it's been so long.
All I can say is that at first everyone treated me kinda unfairly because they believed i shaved my head for all the wrong reasons but after they figured I was still me they all came too and once again accepted me for me.
Even my old man although I never got that Dodge Challenger. lol
Shaving my head really motivated my lazy butt and help me to become confident and productive as a youngster and as a man today. I love being bald!!! I know it's by choice now but even if I lose my hair I'm never growing fur ever again. My transformation was not an easy one but in the end it all comes down on how we carry ourselves and not changing completely, at least on the inside and leaping over all the bald stereotypes.
We are the few we are the proud we are the BALD!!!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 04:58:09 PM by SNYPER »

The Few the proud the bald

Offline DCdome

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: BALD in the USA
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 05:56:19 PM »
Hey Snyper!  Great attitude and great story.  Welcome aboard, bro.

Bean