Author Topic: does anyone ever still have days when they get bummed out about their hairloss?  (Read 11490 times)

Offline imb

• Sly Jr.
But as the other fellows have said I think you're making good progress and it is a long process. You have already got past the first, the worst step. I suspect it will continue to get better from here.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
I've never had one day where I was stressed over losing my hair, my horseshoe,or shaving my head. I am what I am regardless of the amount of hair covering my head.

I'll say it again....

Stand Tall and Be Proud of What You are Gentlemen!
     ( If you don't like what you are, then change what you can...)
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Ghost1988

• Ultimate Sly Guy
I've never had one day where I was stressed over losing my hair, my horseshoe,or shaving my head. I am what I am regardless of the amount of hair covering my head.

I'll say it again....

i wish i had that confidence. my age might have something to do with it. its harder when your balding at 20 compaired to say 40 i think.

Offline 20, bald, and loving it

• Team Sly
  • Sly

I'll say it again....

i wish i had that confidence. my age might have something to do with it. its harder when your balding at 20 compaired to say 40 i think.

I agree but it is what it is and we just have to deal with it. Besides Hair is overrated.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility

i feel like i can get over my hairloss completely (i was doing pretty good for awhile) if it stays at the point it is now. the problem is the fear of the future/unknown and how much more ill lose.

Why?  You've been complaining about the shadow; less hair = less shadow.  I don't mean to be a jerk about it, but you might as well face the truth and not sugarcoat it.  You will lose more hair.  The younger you are when it starts, the more extensive the hair loss is likely to be.

The good news is your head is already shaved so you don't have to watch your hair slowly disappear.  Accept what you can't control and move on.  You've already beaten the hair loss problem.  Nothing bad is going to happen; trust me.  ;)

Offline clipped

• Sly
I have days when I am concerned about it. For me, since I still use a barber and let my hair grow out for 2-3 weeks between barber clipper shaves, I've come to realize that I get bummed when my hair is raggy, unkempt and old man looking. The remedy is the buzz. I always feel better after I get the short buzz. I am working on self buzzing as a way of keeping the close, tight clipper shave. My hair is mostly white, but I actually like the shadow that I have.  It tells the world, "hey, I clipper shave my head." I feel more confident when I am tightly buzzed. I would rather have my original dark brown color and more shadow actually. To each his own, I guess.  Over the summer, on vacation, I had a tight buzz and tried the gotee, since it looks so good on many on this site.  Didn't work for me - was all white and made me feel really old. so, off it went. Personally & don't take this as criticism, I think you would look better without the beard. Just a suggestion. In your photo, I think the beard accentuates your shaved head, but not in a positive way.

Offline Dman

• Sly Jr.
Damn,

THIS is why I joined the SLY community. The outpouring of support here, positive thinking, confidence modelling, is bar none.

Ghost - I am 19 days from my 41st birthday, so I am gearing-up for my change - what it will be is still being formulated:). So I cannot speak to you from experience. I do know that there is tremendous widom in what has been posted here. You are clearly surrounded by care and compassion, even when you do not feel it towards your self.

All I can add is this; and it comes from my spiritual path:

"True fearlessness is not the reduction of fear; it is going beyond fear"

Fearlessness comes from benevolence and goodwill in the face of whatever oppresses you. You are afraid, but instead of fighting what faces you, you embrace it and accept it—you develop loving-kindness as a direct antidote to fear.

My wish for you, is that you meditate on the loving-kindness that is expressed to you by others, here. Then find that place in you that can express it to yourself.

At that point, it won't matter if we are discussing your hairloss, or the girl that you looked forward to dating, that didn't live-up to expectations. Your warriorship will enable you to stand strong in any circumstance.

Ok, time to go be a daddy on Valentine's Day.

Much love, brothers. 19 days!

Dman
Dman

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
I have no regrets about the hair loss, i have the slopw receeding hairline, going sly was the best thing i have ever done, i have had people tell me that i look at least 7 years younger with the bald head, i have had people rub my bald head, i turn 33 in the summer, i do get id'd for beer, someone thought that i was 21.

Offline dieseldan04

• Dieseldan04
  • Sly
I never regret it.  Going sly was one of the best things I ever did and I am glad that I don't have hair to deal with.  I live in a very windy area and trying to keep my hair in place was a big pain anyway!
Dieseldan04

Shine On Fellow Chrome Domers!

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
I knew I would lose my hair because I take after my father. Shaving it was liberating.

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
Baldness is in the family line.  So I wasn't surprised when it came.  I'm not bummed out because I have the perfect solution to hairloss!  And that was going sly!

Offline blank

• Learning the way of Sly
admittedly some days are better than others, but like all the other guys are saying gotta keep your head up man.

I know the rest of your life seems a long time to keep one hair style (or lack of), but hey what can you do? The sooner you can become comfortable with yourself, the sooner you will realise that people will accept you for you. If you feeling down on a certain day about your hairloss, why not treat yourself to something nice, maybe a new shirt or the like. The little things can do wonders for your confidence and get you back onto it!

Keep your head up =)!

Offline DuffRyder17

• Super Sly
  • Waning days of College Life

i feel like i can get over my hairloss completely (i was doing pretty good for awhile) if it stays at the point it is now. the problem is the fear of the future/unknown and how much more ill lose.

haha, you said it dude... some days I feel great about my bald head, and then there are days I feel totally depressed... alot of it reverts to feeling less attractive. never mind the fact that I have been getting alot more ladies since going sly. I just can't help but to wonder how much hair I am going to lose, and how girls will perceive me... I will be the first one to tell you that those are vain thoughts and they are alittle F*d up. but that is how I feel some days.
but stay positive... good things will happen
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, That's why it's called the present!

Offline THier

• Super Sly
  • Sorry for bad camera phone pic,,
Look at it this way, there are folks who CHOOSE to be bald, so how bad can it be? I shave my head because I want to, not because it is gray, not because it is thinning, or receding. I guess maybe I see it this way because if I decide bald is not for me I can grow it back, but I have had long hair, long permed hair, "regular" type cuts, and shorter cuts, buzzed #2 on sides and #3 on top, but prefer shaved. How committed to bald am I? Well K-marts close out of HB products lead me to buy 2 HB sports, 3 bottles of Slick, and 3 bottles of Lube Matte.

Tom

Offline BlackJamesRackham

• Sly Bucco
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
hey ghost...i know what you mean. i think it's more of a younger sly thing. i feel the same way about the shadow as well sometimes.

but just be glad you can rock the sly look well...if it didn't work for me, then i'd really be down.
Rockin' "Sly" since 2008