Author Topic: HAVE U ever had a long hairstyle?  (Read 17588 times)

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: HAVE U ever had a long hairstyle?
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2009, 01:55:48 PM »
When I was 14 my hair was just a bit past my shoulders
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline zzaapp

• Sly
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2009, 08:08:49 PM »
Growing up in the '50's, my dad was a career military man, so I always had short hair. 

All your posts are making me wonder if i missed out on something back in the '60's, so, wadda ya think?  Should I grow a "Ben Franklin"??? ;D

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2009, 08:12:12 PM »
Growing up in the '50's, my dad was a career military man, so I always had short hair. 

All your posts are making me wonder if i missed out on something back in the '60's, so, wadda ya think?  Should I grow a "Ben Franklin"??? ;D
;D ;D ;D  hey zzaapp:  U  were born 2 B bald.  i can't imagine U with hair. :D O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2009, 08:45:34 AM »
I had very long hair, it went to the bottom of my back i went without a haircut from 1989 to 2004

Offline Mike

• Sly genetics guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2009, 10:35:18 AM »
When I was a little kid from maybe 4 until I was about 7 or so I had a mullet. After the mullet it was a bowl cut for a couple years and after that til now I think its called the ceaser, its only maybe 2" long. I will have to scan the pictures of me when I was younger in. I looked like such a little redneck, lol.

Offline ChromeDomeJohn

• Solid like Barack!
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2009, 12:08:56 PM »
I had very long hair, it went to the bottom of my back i went without a haircut from 1989 to 2004

Wow !!  what changed?  did you start shaving from long hair; go short gradually; or did 'nature' dictate the change?

I had long , past shoulder-lenght hair from late high school through college and first two years of grad school.  Then started cutting it a variety of lengths:  over the ear,  'shor' (1/2 to one inch long on top).  didn't get into flattops and buzzcuts till the mid 90s; ... then went longish for a while again (early 21st century).  since about '05 I have been buzzed, and then; the long oddessy toward SLY which happened in the summer of '07.   Will really have to hunt for photos; don't know if I have any from college days;  maybe my Mom does ...

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2009, 03:07:16 PM »
This is as long as it ever got for me.  It wasn't considered long at the time, but it seems long compared to what I'm used to now.   ;)

Offline Michael

• I Sly therefore I am!
  • Super Sly
  • Last year's Christmas Parade
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2009, 03:33:44 PM »
Yeah, had hair down to the shoulders and past the ears back in middle school (late 70's).  Oh those were the days, mmmmmmm..... Dorothy Hamill,  Poprocks and Coke killing kids, that new Bubblicious, the Waltons....  :'(
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/090223/sampd7548abedf90277d.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline FrankyG

• Sly Jr.
  • Nothing beats jumping out of a plane at 800 ft :-)
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2009, 06:47:41 PM »
Back in High School I tried to grow my hair out but it wanted to fluffy,  :*)) , and realized I didn't want that, and than after that it was pretty much high and tights sense...well until now :)
Airborne, means never missing a chance to remind people you are better than them :)

Offline Ghost1988

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2009, 07:10:04 PM »
This is as long as it ever got for me.  It wasn't considered long at the time, but it seems long compared to what I'm used to now.   ;)

you kinda remind me of the kid from the movie "the shining" in this pic lol.

either that or the bully from "a christmas story" lol

GASlick

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2009, 01:47:53 AM »
I'll scan some in and post 'em.  I had long hair down below my shoulders for ten years.  It was all one length and naturally wavy.  My wife always said my hair was prettier than hers!  LOL

Then I had two kids, bought a minivan and well you know - the rest is history.

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2009, 05:19:04 PM »
I had long curly hair that went way past my shoulders, use to woo the ladies with it.

Offline Wil87

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Low Lie The Fields of Athenry
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2009, 10:59:05 AM »
I had the full on Nikki Sixx motley crue hair!! Blonde, Big, lots of hair spray!! So kind of a shock when it fell out!!  :(

Offline smoothpate

• Proud Member of Local 69
  • Sly Jr.
  • Look Ma, No More Bad Hair Days!!!!!
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2009, 05:04:37 PM »
I have to confess that in the early '80s I had the "Luke Spencer" white man's afro with a Fu-Manchu.  I wore it for a couple of years and when my hair was wet, it was down below my shoulder blades. When I decided to get rid of it, I ended up with a 1/2" buzzcut.  It was the only way to get rid of all the permed hair. I never had hair longer than an inch from then until I went sly.
Can of Edge Shaving Gel: $ 2.24
4 Pack of Mach III Blades: $ 4.69
Having a Smooth, Cleanly Shaved Head: PRICELESS

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2009, 08:56:05 AM »
nature dictated the change, my hair started to recede, and then i shaved

Wow !!  what changed?  did you start shaving from long hair; go short gradually; or did 'nature' dictate the change?

I had long , past shoulder-lenght hair from late high school through college and first two years of grad school.  Then started cutting it a variety of lengths:  over the ear,  'shor' (1/2 to one inch long on top).  didn't get into flattops and buzzcuts till the mid 90s; ... then went longish for a while again (early 21st century).  since about '05 I have been buzzed, and then; the long oddessy toward SLY which happened in the summer of '07.   Will really have to hunt for photos; don't know if I have any from college days;  maybe my Mom does ...

Enter your email address: