Author Topic: what age does hairloss not became an issue  (Read 16136 times)

Offline Ftank

• Sly Jr.
Re: what age does hairloss not became an issue
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2009, 11:00:45 AM »
I think it depends on each person.  Once exceptance sets in and it is no longer effecting your self esteem or what you think you can accomplish anymore I think it starts to no longer become an issue.  I think it is different for each individual but I know it tends to be harder for those in their early twenties.

Frank

Offline UltraPulse

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2009, 06:58:29 PM »
20? Try 16. Hell, 14. Now it's like a V... I don't think I even have the proper headshape for it (I buzzed it with the bare blade, and that was possibly a mistake, as in, I did it too early) and it doesn't seem too smooth.

In my 20's I'd be out of high school and probably wouldn't care, but I've got 3 years of HS left and it will be horrible.

marty22

« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2009, 07:00:15 PM »
40+

Offline GaryT

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2009, 08:46:11 AM »
I don't think it has anything to do with age. It's just the way it is! So, I think wether you're 15 or 99 it's all in the attitude! I didn't start losing hair till my late 40s but I really sort of like it. I am no longer one of the crowd. I'm free to be me!! It's all in the attitude, attitude, attitude!!

I really feel like it's feared by too many. IT IS JUST HAIR! don't let it, or the loss of it, ruin your life, your attitude, your self esteem, your luck with the ladies or anything else!!!
It's all about attitude!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2009, 08:57:59 AM »
I'm actually a little surprised to hear that MPB is still such a big issue among the younger crowd.  It's not that I don't understand what it's like, it's just that I thought by now with all the positive examples of clean-shaven domes from athletes, actors, musicians, etc., that bald was more of a "cool" thing these days. 

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2009, 10:24:21 AM »
Bald shouldn't be an "issue" at any age, but "going bald" that sense when you realize that the fates and your genes have decided you will not have a full head of hair is uncomfortable at any age.  Fortunately, once you accept the fact it's going to happen your choices are clear; 1) let it go and accept the thinning, combovers, etc., 2) get a toupee and learn to live w/ a thing on your head that only pleases you in most cases if it does that, 3) medicate externally and internally w/ questionable results, 4) endure painful and disfiguring surgery--leaving the expense to the side for this discussion, and 5) shave completely.  If any of these make you happy that's the answer to the "going bald" issue--I don't think I've missed any.  Fretting about it doesn't do a thing.  For SBG, we've made what we believe is the most satisfactory answer.  That answer is valid no matter what age you are.  It solves the problem, and sets you on a quest of the perfect shave.  And that's another thread entirely.

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2009, 11:54:57 AM »
IMO hairloss becomes a non-issue at the age at which a person has matured in a way that renders it so. This has a lot to do with the idea that everything is impermanent. My car one day will stop running, my favorite jeans one day will need to be replaced, my hair one day will start to fall out, my heart one day will stop beating.
The big one is the heart because at that point all else becomes unimportant. I found out years ago how impermanent life is and how quickly and unexpectedly death visits. What I mean is I know one day I will die. When I realized that truth all the rest became petty in contrast.
Not to say that replacing the car or the jeans isn't an aggravation but it isn't something that causes me to suffer. Losing my hair didn't either.
I wonder if I will be bald in the next life.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline Ricktus

• Character is 100 times more important than looks...
  • Sly Guy in Training
    • www.thebeautifulones.org
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2009, 10:18:01 AM »
Well, I'm guessing that the majority of guys are hit pretty hard when they realise they are losing their hair. regardless of their age. It's a pretty noticeable physical change to go through, and an obvious reminder of our own mortality. None of us is as young as we once were! Even the teenagers on here! I know it hit me pretty hard when it first started to happen.

I don't think there is an age at when it becomes a non issue (beyond 75 perhaps???), but there is definitely a point, that point being when we accept it and realise that it does not change who we are.

And the best way to do that? Haha, everyone here knows the answer!
My band website:

www.thebeautifulones.org

Offline DuffRyder17

• Super Sly
  • Waning days of College Life
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2009, 02:20:07 PM »
I'm actually a little surprised to hear that MPB is still such a big issue among the younger crowd.  It's not that I don't understand what it's like, it's just that I thought by now with all the positive examples of clean-shaven domes from athletes, actors, musicians, etc., that bald was more of a "cool" thing these days. 
Yes, the Michael Jordans, Chris Daughtry's, Howie Mandel's of the world did help me cope with it, but I still felt like I had to make it cool for me.
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, That's why it's called the present!

Offline Wil87

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Low Lie The Fields of Athenry
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2009, 12:57:23 AM »
Yes, the Michael Jordans, Chris Daughtry's, Howie Mandel's of the world did help me cope with it, but I still felt like I had to make it cool for me.

I know exactly where you are coming from dude!! Its one thing to see all these awesome sly dudes in the public eye, who make it cool. But for a young dude, its still not as common as having hair (obviously) so I really felt I had to be doubly awesome with the bald head! Now I love it, people I know love it, the people that don't love it I don't wanna know :D

However in answer to the initial question. I believe there is no age when a dude gets used to MPB, in fact I doubt they ever do, what they do become is comfortable in there own skin, this could happen age 21 (e.g. me), or aged 100! Any one who can achieve this is one the road to a winner!!

It really is a pretty powerful thing we are offering here at SBG, MPB can be a life shattering experience for some guys, we try and give people back that confidence so they can realise that life doesnt end at baldness, it f-ing begins baby!!

Enter your email address: