Author Topic: what age does hairloss not became an issue  (Read 16137 times)

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: what age does hairloss not became an issue
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2009, 04:42:38 AM »
I think there is no one age where guys just accept it. Duff sort of hit on it when he said it's about life experiences.
I think a young guy.... let's say 20 years old...... who has dealt with REAL tragedy in his life could much more easily accept hair loss than a guy that is 50 who has never had to deal with anything in his life.

Then there are guys like me who couldn't care less about their hair. Confident, happy guys are going to be confident happy guys pretty much no matter what.

I have NEVER accepted my hair loss because it was never an issue for me..... I just didn't care so there was nothing to accept. It is what it is. I started losing it pretty badly in my early 20's and by 30 it was pretty bad. I never thought about it for a single minute and I never had any problem dating (which is a big concern for many guys).

Confidence, a sense of humor, and a passion for life are what REAL women want in a man.......... The story that GHOST told a few weeks back about the two young women in the fast food place is a great example. One girl thought he was cute and the other went "EWWWW!"......... That's a REAL woman vs. a superficial "girl".

Stand tall gentlemen..... it's not about acceptance, it's about WHAT you are as a Man.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Wil87

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Low Lie The Fields of Athenry
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2009, 05:00:30 AM »

Stand tall gentlemen..... it's not about acceptance, it's about WHAT you are as a Man.

Well said Kozster!!

Offline Papa Don

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2009, 07:54:29 AM »
Life experiences have a lot to do with it.  Imagine a studly man with women falling all over him suddenly starts going bald.  What must that do to his confidence?  People like me, not particularly good looking who found a good woman, could care less about hair loss.  Which boils down to the fact that each person regardless of age and life experiences reacts differently. At my age (63) I am just now starting to thin on top.  So What!  Guess this is the reason I'm BBC and just being me. 
I am no better that anyone else, but by God, no one is better than I am

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2009, 08:16:47 AM »
It is a shocker I think at any age to realize that you have the indications of impending baldness.  Younger is worse, there isn't much company to go down that path with you.  But since 50% of men have some degree of baldness by 50, that is probably the easiest age except that as a "sign of age" worries of its effect on peoples' perception of you in the business world becomes an issue.  Are you  too old to continue up the ladder, or would a perceived younger guy be a better choice?

In both cases however, as far as I'm concerned, it just works out better if you blow through the balding part to a shaved head.  Age isn't a big thing then, since one of its major symptoms is gone.  It's the wispy, combover, etc. cr_p that got to me, and frankly I really don't like to see it in others.  But that's their problem, my only worry is--how's the shine O:O O:O O:O. working today? O0  As far as other aging issues, just turn the a/c down to 32 every night so you don't age in your sleep.  Problem solved, NEXT!!!

marty22

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2009, 08:30:16 AM »
I could deal with it after my laser at 50+. At 20, I couldnt deal with it at all.

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2009, 06:07:51 PM »
I think it has a lot to do with how much hair you're losing.  I had receding temples at about eighteen or nineteen and they got higher through my twenties, but it never really bothered me because I didnt consider myself to be bald anywhere else, just the temples.

If I'd lost most of the top during my twenties it might have been a different matter.

AS it stands, I guess I accepted what hairloss I had when I was twenty, but that wasnt really a lot, not like full balding.

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2009, 06:13:03 PM »
I guess I'm atypical as not only do I seem to be missing the "likes football" gene, I also seem to be missing the "freak out about hair loss" gene. I started losing my hair in my 20's, just shrugged, and started buzzing my head long before it was "in".

So I guess you'll get all kinds of answers (as we've seen)...

Offline MLNHD

• Super Sly
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2009, 03:30:45 PM »
The age hairloss is not an issue occurs when the hair looser accepts the facts.  I believe acceptance (difficulties with which are all over the map, as shown by responses to your question) is a choice, and when one chooses to accept it, the real angst diminishes.  I never morned my hair loss and I began receding in my early 20s.  I have the genetics, there are a lot of thin heads of hair in my gene pool, I've never measured my virility or attractiveness by follicle population, and I don't think I suffered because I have a lot less hair than Fabio.  I DO think more young fellas may tend to agonize over hair loss more than guys who begin thinning in middle age.  But they CAN choose to accept it and move on!  Just look at all the young scalps on this site! 
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 04:41:54 PM by MLNHD »
Sly addict since July 22, 2007.

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2009, 05:27:36 PM »
Yeah, and it's a lot easier to accept hairloss nowadays than it was twenty or thirty years ago, when somehow it was 'taboo'.  Now its a cool look to be bald, as we all know! 8)

Offline 20, bald, and loving it

• Team Sly
  • Sly
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2009, 10:11:13 AM »
I'm 20 and was losing my hair. For a while it was really devastating and I never left the house without a hat. Then I stumbled upon this website and decided to go Sly. This website helped me regain my confidence and I love the new look. I guess it stopped being an issue when I decided to go Sly. 8)

Offline SBG Math Guy

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • me with little shadow
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2009, 01:25:19 PM »
I'm 20 and was losing my hair. For a while it was really devastating and I never left the house without a hat. Then I stumbled upon this website and decided to go Sly. This website helped me regain my confidence and I love the new look. I guess it stopped being an issue when I decided to go Sly. 8)

There you go.   O0  TYler would surely be pleased to hear this (that's why he created this web-site).   I was in the same situation, I had hair thinning but after lurking on this site for some time I thought hey this might work.   It was difficult to picture myself bald but I looked at all the pictures from the guys on this site,  they don't look bad at all.....so I thought I can pull it off too, and I do lol.   

benmcd

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2009, 09:53:34 AM »
It is an interesting subject. I first shaved about ten years ago as I was curious to try the bald look. I was not experiencing any hair loss. I have to be honest, I really love having a bald head. I feel best when I am bald, can't explain it but it just works. I am now in my early 40's and from time to time I have grown out the hair for longer than I sometimes wanted. In the past few months I began to notice a definate thinning toward the front of my head and along the top toward the crown. Some guys may freak out, I was the quite the opposite, about time I thought. Perhaps all you like minded guys can understand this. For me some assistance from nature is totally cool.   

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2009, 11:00:36 AM »
It is an interesting subject. I first shaved about ten years ago as I was curious to try the bald look. I was not experiencing any hair loss. I have to be honest, I really love having a bald head. I feel best when I am bald, can't explain it but it just works. I am now in my early 40's and from time to time I have grown out the hair for longer than I sometimes wanted. In the past few months I began to notice a definate thinning toward the front of my head and along the top toward the crown. Some guys may freak out, I was the quite the opposite, about time I thought. Perhaps all you like minded guys can understand this. For me some assistance from nature is totally cool.   

Ben-
Welcome to the Forum! Post us up a nice intro in the introduction area so we can learn a little about you.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Tagus

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2009, 03:25:01 PM »
I first noticed my hair falling off when i was 22 years old. I´m 26 and i still have a full head of hair although there´s some places that i´m starting to notice my scalp showing but i´m still in the point where other people still haven´t noticed.

It bothers me that i can´t use the same style i´ve used some years ago that were a success with women but i already know where my head will look like some years down the road (or months) so i guess it wont be a big deal for me. I started bodybuild when i was 17 years old meaning i´m always improving and will only stop when i reach my goals...this is a hobbie that makes me happy.
Afterall we are in this world to do what we most love to right?

I still haven´t shaved my hair but seeing the guys from here and those ones that i see everyday in the street, makes me believe it wont be a big deal because there´s alot of shaved guys that look good. Vin Diesel is a great example.

(|8-)

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2009, 02:02:30 AM »
I think when you're young you're still figuring out what makes you unique and special to other people.

Eventually, you reach an age where you realize it's almost certainly not your hair.

Enter your email address: