Author Topic: Starting my new look  (Read 4996 times)

Offline 20, bald, and loving it

• Team Sly
  • Sly
Starting my new look
« on: January 28, 2009, 10:34:18 PM »
Now for my first time shaving my head should I do it myself or get it professionally done?

GASlick

Re: Starting my new look
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 10:36:16 PM »
Most guys on here did it themselves.  Use some clippers to get it short as possible.  DO NOT use a cheap razor.  I personally use a Fusion and HeadSlick.  Take your time!!!!  Don't get in a hurry or you will pay for that big time!

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 10:49:25 PM »
like GAslick stated... if U do it yourself 4 the 1st time get some electric clippers & use a quality razor.  if U don't feel comfortable at 1st... go 2 a barber & let him/her give U a #0 buzz or whatever # is the closest with the electric clippers.  then go home, jump in the shower, & use a quality razor 2 "do the deed".  like i stated in your INTRODUCTION... do some research in the HEADSHAVING section of the forum:  "your shave routine",  "what razor you use",  "shaving cream or gel".  this section has priceless info 4 the ultimate head shave. O0

WARHAWK O0
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 10:54:11 PM by warhawk »
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline 20, bald, and loving it

• Team Sly
  • Sly
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 11:00:03 PM »
Thanks for all of the great advice. I am getting very close to taking the plunge and as soon as I do I will post pics.

Offline shdouble

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 04:48:40 PM »
I did it three days ago. Its easy I used electric first day didnt like it. I used a regular razor wasnt very close and had nicksI went and bought a fusion and headslick no nicks, it is great. Only takes about 5 mins.

Offline joergHH

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2009, 04:17:58 AM »
Welcome, shdouble!

Congrats for your new look, looks great!  O0

J

Offline joergHH

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2009, 04:18:39 AM »
Thanks for all of the great advice. I am getting very close to taking the plunge and as soon as I do I will post pics.

Do the deed, best wishes!
J

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2009, 04:28:25 AM »
Do it yourself my friend! That's the only way to get the hang of it!!!
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Papa Don

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2009, 07:55:56 AM »
On the other side.  I went to my barber.  Mostly on a whim. He did the whole thing. I then took it from there.  It's a personal preference.  But ultimately, just do the deed. It's been about 4 months for me.  I can't remember how it feels to have hair.
I am no better that anyone else, but by God, no one is better than I am

Offline time2shine

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2009, 09:27:34 AM »
Welcome dude.  I'd say do it on your own.  Majority of guys on here have done it on their own.  And a lot of them, including myself, were able to get a good first shave because of all the tips.

Offline DuffRyder17

• Super Sly
  • Waning days of College Life
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2009, 09:41:06 AM »
You are gonna have to do it yourself sometime dude... and who do you want taking your head shaving virginity.
just go with it, its kind of a special feeling...
btw  I just tried the fusion power blades and I thought it was awesome... and I still haven't made the jump to headslick, still using fusion gel
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, That's why it's called the present!

marty22

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2009, 09:55:21 AM »
contra opinion here: for the lst time; there is nothing wrong with a barber doing it. Its kinda funky.

Offline TANK25

• A PHILLY GUY
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2009, 10:29:48 AM »
All the info you need is right on this great site O0 Go for it!
Don`t sweat the small stuff.<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-users1.imagechef.com/ic/stored/2/090107/sampc1253c6e4ba15e87.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline MLNHD

• Super Sly
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2009, 10:42:10 AM »
If you don't have access to clippers to buzz it down, have a barber clip it with no guard, then go home, and with shaky hand and butterflies in your stomach, take a good quality razor to it yourself. 

The nervousness goes away after the first time.  (or the second, or the third....) 

Good Luck!
Sly addict since July 22, 2007.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2009, 10:57:31 AM »
I say go for it yourself. If you don't have clippers, have a barber take it down to a 1 or 0, then go get yourself a Mach III and some good gel or cream, and slowly take it all off.

You will wish you had done it sooner.   

Good luck, and post a pic when you can.      O0

Enter your email address: