Author Topic: Why do we do it? Why the clearcut?  (Read 9079 times)

Offline MR. CLEAN

• All the Ladies wanta Know me, All the Fellas' wanta be me... 'Cause I'm Money
  • Super Sly
Re: Why do we do it? Why the clearcut?
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2007, 04:09:59 PM »
I guess it was the desire to do something edgy... Look a little tough  :x!.  I have always been the Jolly Giant around, its good to be able to at times have that sly, tough, new look.  Thats the majority of it, wanting to do something different that stands out and looks clean.  I look Solid. 

But the reason I did it in the first place was because I lost a bet... Lets just say I had alot of buddies who made sure I was not going to Re-Nig on that arrangement  :x! :x! :x! ^u!ez
Peace

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2007, 11:46:00 AM »
Two reasons for me, I lost a bet, and also because of psorasis as well, if i have hair, it sweats real bad to the point were it gets very gross, i didnt want to shave my head, i had friends in 1997 telling me to shave my head because i would look a lot better, than in 2004 i lost the bet, the bet was i would shave my head if they got the stadium renovation and the roof that covers the standsof the Olympic Stadium in Athens done, i did think that the roof project would be done, but in June of 2004,, they completed the roof project at Olympic Stadium in Athens so I had to Shave my head, but now i love the shaved head look, the posrasis hasnt come back yet, i bic my head about every day, i still dont know weither i look good with a slick head

jusbnme

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2007, 02:35:47 PM »
I am curious to know what the average SBG's reasons were to take it off.  I've said in other threads what lead me to my decision.  Alopecia Areata.  Here's a before and after pic to clear up any confusion about what I was dealing with.  >click here<
While dealing with AA I cursed it everyday but now, I suppose I can thank it because I am much happier being sly.  That's for sure!   O:O

I've always liked the shave look since high school.  I use to use clippers and keep it low.  But then I started to "thin out" a little.  A little spot on the very top of my head which I think a lot of people would refer to as a "goose egg" and receding on the top sides of my head.  So I just went for it one day and loved the look.  I'll never go back. 

Glad you went slick style Shiny.  It fits you well.

Great reason for your first "close shave" Paul.  Good man.  O0

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2007, 02:40:01 PM »
Had that MPB thing going on so one day I just said screw it and let 'er rip.

Offline Kajun

• T-Sly Boudreaux
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2007, 09:27:04 PM »
MPB...horseshoe for 12 yrs...and started going thin on the frickin sides too!! :Xo! been thinking about going sly for months but never had the bawlz...then i got a bad haircut(too short) and with the encouragement of the peeps on this site decided to go sly....no going back for me...its way too convenient and feels great...no more worrying about hair,rain,wind....like professor melon says..."i'm still trying to identify with the new guy i see in the mirrior"..same goes for me...but i realize it will come in time and its getting better everyday.
VIVA LA SLY REVOLUCION!!!

jusbnme

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2007, 09:44:48 PM »
MPB...horseshoe for 12 yrs...and started going thin on the frickin sides too!! :Xo! been thinking about going sly for months but never had the bawlz...then i got a bad haircut(too short) and with the encouragement of the peeps on this site decided to go sly....no going back for me...its way too convenient and feels great...no more worrying about hair,rain,wind....like professor melon says..."i'm still trying to identify with the new guy i see in the mirrior"..same goes for me...but i realize it will come in time and its getting better everyday.

It fits you good bro.  O0  Don't you just love that cool breeze across the dome.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2007, 06:23:44 AM »
no more worrying about hair,rain,wind....

I like where the professor wrote somewhere that for him there was no more "...fearing the wind."

;D