Author Topic: HAS anyone tried out PACIFIC shaving oil?  (Read 6239 times)

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
HAS anyone tried out PACIFIC shaving oil?
« on: January 24, 2009, 12:02:08 AM »
hello fellow chrome domes:  i just purchased (via internet) a 1/2 oz bottle of PACIFIC shaving oil.  we don't have this product in beautiful pensacola.  i believe it's only found in the west coast.  so... 2 all my west coast chrome domes:  have U tried the PACIFIC shaving oil?  if so:  what's your story? 

i'll let U guys know my sly review on this product.  if U guys R interested, here's the link 2 their website:

http://pacificshaving.com/

WARHAWK O0

Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: HAS anyone tried out PACIFIC shaving oil?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 12:04:05 AM »
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2009, 12:13:13 AM »
Check out this review - http://www.slybaldguys.com/serendipity/archives/123-Pacific-Shaving-Oil-for-a-Head-Shave.html

I love the stuff!
  THANKS!!! i can't wait until it is delivered here & give it a "test" drive.  hey T... how does it compare 2 "shave secret" oil?   shave secret oil is what i currently use underneath my headslick or baldguys shaving gel.

WARHAWK O0

Offline MLNHD

• Super Sly
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2009, 11:00:42 PM »
Warhawk ~  I've used Pacific and Shave Secret -- both alone without any other products.  My current fave is SS, because it seems to offer more lubrication to the blade than Pacific does for me.  SS wins in the price battle, too.  But Pacific is nice stuff.  If the clove scent of SS is a bit much for you, you'll find Pacific more enjoyable to use.   I'm certainly hooked on oils instead of lathers.   
Sly addict since July 22, 2007.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2009, 11:51:11 PM »
Warhawk ~  I've used Pacific and Shave Secret -- both alone without any other products.  My current fave is SS, because it seems to offer more lubrication to the blade than Pacific does for me.  SS wins in the price battle, too.  But Pacific is nice stuff.  If the clove scent of SS is a bit much for you, you'll find Pacific more enjoyable to use.   I'm certainly hooked on oils instead of lathers.   

That's interesting.  I actually found the opposite.  I found that Pacific offered a more slick oil than SS.  SS seemed to gunk up my razor more as well.  I'm not saying either of us is right, just that it's interesting that we came to different conclusions.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline MikeM

• Sly
  • With two ears and 50 pounds of kid.
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2009, 06:46:36 AM »
I've tried Pacific, but I prefer Total Shaving Solution from All About Shaving. Based on the reviews here on Sly, I'm going to track down and try Shave Secret next.

The Pacific has a very slight sudsiness to it, which I didn't like.

Offline MLNHD

• Super Sly
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2009, 08:23:22 AM »
Hi Tyler -- It is funny just how differently the various potions work for everyone.  I was hooked on Baby Oil for months, and think it gave me a perfect shave -- but it increased my tendency to break out -- it was just too oily.  So I shifted to SS & Pacific.   To me, the SS has a feeling of higher viscosity than Pacific.  I use Atra doubles in my HB and have never had any gunk problem w/ any shave oils. 

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2009, 09:54:36 AM »
I have used PSO for years and have never had a problem. Consistently good (read close) shaves. Recommend it very highly.

Offline Rafter

• Super Sly
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2009, 09:57:46 AM »
I've been there, and done it. It's a good product. But steer clear of any oil
during the warmer months when I'm prone to breakouts.

Offline Michael

• I Sly therefore I am!
  • Super Sly
  • Last year's Christmas Parade
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2009, 10:10:19 PM »
Gunna give them both a try, I have not used oils and I am interested in experimenting.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/090223/sampd7548abedf90277d.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2009, 10:15:11 PM »
Hi Tyler -- It is funny just how differently the various potions work for everyone.  I was hooked on Baby Oil for months, and think it gave me a perfect shave -- but it increased my tendency to break out -- it was just too oily.  So I shifted to SS & Pacific.   To me, the SS has a feeling of higher viscosity than Pacific.  I use Atra doubles in my HB and have never had any gunk problem w/ any shave oils. 

It could be the blades that give us different results.  I use the sensor blades which don't have has much space between them as the atra blades, therefore they are more prone to clogging.

Offline MLNHD

• Super Sly
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2009, 06:32:24 PM »
Well, all this talk about Pacific Shave Oil made me want to try it again.  So I dusted off the Pacific bottle yesterday and gave it another try.  Hmmmm.  I liked it so well I used it again today.  Both extremely close shaves -- definitely as good as I get w/ SS.  I'm liking it now better than I thought!   

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2009, 10:11:16 PM »
just received my PACIFIC shaving oil in the mail early this afternoon & can't wait 2 try it out underneath my headslick or baldguyz shaving gel.   i'll give U my sly review tomorrow. O0

WARHAWK O0

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2009, 10:25:59 PM »
You should try it on its own also.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2009, 06:36:09 PM »
hello fellow chrome domes:  i've tried the PACIFIC shaving oil this morning.  i used it under the BALDGUYZ shaving gel.  the  head shave was excellent.  i'm going 2 add this 2 my arsenal.  i plan on switching back & forth with the SS oil.  i always use a shaving oil under the HEADSLICK or BG shaving gel. 

pros:  natural ingredients
          smells gr8 (very light citrus scent)
          very smooooooth shave

cons:  it is not sold here in beautiful pensacola >:(
          the price ($6.95) a little pricey compared 2 the SS but definitely worth it
          had 2 purchase it via the internet.

all in all... the PACIFIC shaving oil gave a gr8 shave.  i only wished that it was sold in my area.  if U have any thoughts of trying this product... U won't B disappointed. O0

WARHAWK O0