Author Topic: how often do you shave your head?  (Read 41965 times)

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Re: how often do you shave your head?
« Reply #60 on: June 05, 2009, 03:25:35 PM »
The question of how often a guy cleans up the dome comes up all the time.  I think it depends on a lot of factors--1, are you profoundly bald, bald by choice or thinning; 2, does your skin react kindly to daily shaves and 3, do you, as a matter of choice like or dislike anything short of a baby butt dome.  I'm not profoundly bald-ie everything dropped out and whether or not it's shaved nothing is there.  I've got survivors, spirited little guys who have held on, but not in sufficient numbers to provide anything like "coverage."  I chose, therefore, to remove these hardy reminders of my former hairy glory--and I don't
 think they appreciate it one bit.  My scalp tolerates and thrives on a daily shave not withstanding their objections and finally, I hate velcro and stubble. 
Hence, I am a religious daily shaver--less than 15 days in almost 20 months have not seen the clean shave of my great and glorious dome--it's a gift to the world. 

Any further questions?

Offline Dan-O-Mite

• DanOMite
  • Sly
    • www.myspace.com/dangman
« Reply #61 on: June 05, 2009, 10:25:36 PM »
Daily Shaver

although its taken sometime to get there and some major adjustments to my routine, i'm finally there and love it.

I can't stand the velcro/ sandpaper head, and like another guy said, you never know when a lady wants to rub your head, you don't want to be caught off guard  8)
Its good to be bald my friends :)

Offline Jer

• People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
  • Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2009, 06:45:23 AM »
I'm like the majority here and shave daily.

The only times I don't shave daily is when I'm sick, like the other week when I was pretty much in bed the whole time with a really bad cold and sinus infection.  Considering I barely left my bed for about 4 days I didn't shave.  Although as soon as I was starting to feel better the first thing I did was shave, and doing that mede me feel that much better as well!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2009, 08:25:27 AM »

The only times I don't shave daily is when I'm sick, like the other week when I was pretty much in bed the whole time with a really bad cold and sinus infection.  Considering I barely left my bed for about 4 days I didn't shave.  Although as soon as I was starting to feel better the first thing I did was shave, and doing that mede me feel that much better as well!

That's pretty much what I experienced the last time I was sick.  Getting rid of all the stubble made me feel a lot better.

Offline Jer

• People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
  • Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2009, 08:58:10 AM »

That's pretty much what I experienced the last time I was sick.  Getting rid of all the stubble made me feel a lot better.

Yeah, the laying in bed doing nothing is needed to get better, so when you're feeling good enough to get up and move again getting back to that smooth slyness makes you feel even that much better.  Like being back to normal.

Offline R o b 6

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2009, 09:01:14 AM »
How often?

As often as I want to (which, currently, is daily). Or, as often as I need to feel like I'm cleaned up and squared away.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #66 on: June 06, 2009, 09:43:01 AM »
I find that my obsession with having a smooth dome is getting worse, not better, as time goes by.  I may skip shaving one day over the weekend and by the next morning I feel like a hairy beast.  I don't think I could ever adjust to having hair on my head again.

Offline Dan-O-Mite

• DanOMite
  • Sly
    • www.myspace.com/dangman
« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2009, 01:04:19 PM »
I find that my obsession with having a smooth dome is getting worse, not better, as time goes by.  I may skip shaving one day over the weekend and by the next morning I feel like a hairy beast.  I don't think I could ever adjust to having hair on my head again.

AMEN TO THAT!  O0
Its good to be bald my friends :)

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2009, 01:41:50 PM »
I find that my obsession with having a smooth dome is getting worse, not better, as time goes by. 

I don't know,  :/O, but didn't you really mean to say, ". . .is getting better, not worse. . ." >:D
From a Sly Point of View the sentence doesn't make sense otherwise. 

Offline zetaeffe

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • The Bald by Choice Men group
« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2009, 08:50:09 PM »
O0

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #70 on: June 06, 2009, 09:42:19 PM »
I find that my obsession with having a smooth dome is getting worse, not better, as time goes by. 

I don't know,  :/O, but didn't you really mean to say, ". . .is getting better, not worse. . ." >:D

From a sly point of view, there's no such thing as such an obsession.  ;)

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #71 on: June 07, 2009, 09:43:29 AM »

From a sly point of view, there's no such thing as such an obsession.  ;)

Touche O0

Offline MadMatty

• Sly Guy in Training
  • against the grain, thats insane!
« Reply #72 on: June 09, 2009, 11:16:24 PM »
every 3 or 4 day, I dont mind the velcro cause most of my mates hate touching it lol but im trying 7 days just to see what it feels like. I'm at 5 now & it feels pretty good.

Offline DogStar Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly
    • DogStar Training Systems
« Reply #73 on: June 14, 2009, 09:02:35 AM »
Nearly every day.
So far not more than 1 time a week do I skip a day.

Offline dgleadbetter

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #74 on: June 14, 2009, 03:19:20 PM »
I do an every other day, unless I'm going out that night. :)

Enter your email address: