Author Topic: WHEN was the last time U saw a "hair club" commercial?  (Read 6156 times)

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
WHEN was the last time U saw a "hair club" commercial?
« on: January 15, 2009, 05:17:48 PM »
hello fellow chrome domes:  we have all seen it on tv.  U R channel surfing late at nite & U stumble across one of those "hair club"-type commercials that promote wigs or drugs (rogaine, propecia). >:(  i immediately laugh & ;D chuckle when i see these type of commercials that bring negative vibes 2 baldness.

anyways... i was just wondering when was the last time U saw one of these commercials.  i'll start:  i saw  a hair club for men commercial  last week. ;D  so... how 'bout U?  when was the last time U saw one of those commercials?  what's your story?

WARHAWK O0

Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: WHEN was the last time U saw a "hair club" commercial?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 05:20:40 PM »
I see them all the time an dlaugh. Especially when they show these guys with obviously fake/transplanted hair hanging out with the women. Man they play on the insecurities of these guys.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Ghost1988

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 05:21:16 PM »
i hate those commercials. when  i see them i get pissed off and change the channel cuz they bum me out.

Offline Brkeatr

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 05:31:58 PM »
Last night was the last time. It also peeves me when they say that all men look better with hair etc. To be honest with you, I seen some of the before and after pics and thought a lot of them looked a lot better with hair loss....lol..... :/O

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009, 05:36:24 PM »
i hate those commercials. when  i see them i get pissed off and change the channel cuz they bum me out.
call me strange but i immediately laugh out loudly when i see those commercials. :*)) :*)) :*)) :*)) :*))

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline SBG Math Guy

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • me with little shadow
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2009, 05:45:57 PM »
the last time was I would say in August of this year lol.  There was a commercial on scalp med and they would
show people who would say having hair has brought them back to life lol.  The people would talk as if without hair your life ends. 
And by the way warhawk bro, I don't think they EVER have commercials about propecia on television.  The reason is quite simple.  When advertising a drug the company must mention the side effects, and since the side effects from propecia are so bad the company probably keeps quiet to avoid telling the truth.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2009, 06:10:22 PM »
I think those are the cheesiest most rediculous commericals I have ever seen.  I cant not believe there are actual people out there who believe that stuff works.  I had a guy ask me if I thought they worked.  Ummm NO!  He said, well if they dont work how in the hell do they sell so much of it?   YOU CANT BE SERIOUS!  They have an excellent advertising team that can pull the wool over anyones eyes.  If those things worked, do you not think that most people would be doing it?  Just like those male body part enlargers...LOL  I have to laugh everytime i see one of those.  Oh yeah...lets all go buy a pump and we will all be walking aroudn with it draggin the ground LOL.  I also wish they would not put those " THIS IS BOB...BOB IS HAPPY" commericals on before 10pm.   Logan asked me the other day...Daddy, what do those do?  I said they make BOB Smile and thats all they do.

Offline SBG Math Guy

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • me with little shadow
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2009, 06:22:03 PM »
lol TIm.   People believe that stuff works for ONLY ONE reason.............and that is the fact that they show people with before & after results.   It's one hell of a good way to advertise.   It leads one to think, ok the company could be giving me false information but why would someone fake their own results? lol.

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2009, 07:55:34 PM »
I see it everyday and several times a day. You can really tell that this is a big-dollar industry.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2009, 08:41:26 PM »
Lately I've been seeing ads for that Rogaine mousse or whatever it is that you're supposed to rub into your bald spot.  Everytime I see it, I think that the Rogaine can looks a lot like a shaving cream can, and if only there was a way to airbrush it out and replace it with Edge gel or something like that.   >:D

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2009, 08:12:03 AM »
Lately I've been seeing ads for that Rogaine mousse or whatever it is that you're supposed to rub into your bald spot.  Everytime I see it, I think that the Rogaine can looks a lot like a shaving cream can, and if only there was a way to airbrush it out and replace it with Edge gel or something like that.   >:D

Okay, I confess that early on I used Rogaine to try to grow back the hole :( :( :(.  I got what I deserved, an unholy bad rash that sent me to the dermatologist for several sessions.  That stuff is bad. 

I see the Hair Club on my DishTV program guide, and it really makes me mad that I pay to have the "opportunity" to watch that cr_p.  I don't like the shopping channels much anyway, but the Hair Club and programs like it just make me plain mad.

Offline time2shine

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2009, 11:21:36 AM »
This may have been mentioned in another thread, but who has seen this new "infused" hair solution?
The commercial is fairly short with 3-4 dudes sitting around talking about how their hairlines look natural.  Unfortunately, they don't look natural, and you can just feel their insecurity as they sit there.
Since the commercial's short, they don't go into detail of the process, but it seems like it's a toupee on a smaller scale.  They take fake hair and basically stab it into your scalp like a doll.  Until some former rug wearers shed some light on the extreme hassle and care needed for their rugs from hair club, i had no idea how they worked.  I'm guessing this is the same thing.

Offline Bensen

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2009, 11:27:27 AM »
these spots are not very popular here, so i haven't seen one for ages.

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2009, 04:53:16 PM »
my cousin who ridicules me for having a shaved head has joined hair club, he may have a surgigical procedure, he has been using rogaine for 12 years, and propecia for 6 years, if worse comes to worse he will wear a toupee if his hair loss gets worse, then he absolutely blasts me for shaing my head as a method for mpb,

Offline SBG Math Guy

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • me with little shadow
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2009, 04:59:10 PM »
my cousin who ridicules me for having a shaved head has joined hair club, he may have a surgigical procedure, he has been using rogaine for 12 years, and propecia for 6 years, if worse comes to worse he will wear a toupee if his hair loss gets worse, then he absolutely blasts me for shaing my head as a method for mpb,

Based on your profile you are 32, that makes your cousin 40.   I'm sorry but I can't believe that some people cannot get over hair loss at 40.   :/O