Author Topic: OOOOOOOUUUUUUCCCCCHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !@$#%$^%$^  (Read 12014 times)

Offline The Scottish Ambassador

• Scottish Ambassador to SBG!
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
Re: OOOOOOOUUUUUUCCCCCHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !@$#%$^%$^
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2009, 09:28:40 AM »
OOOOEEEERRRRR!!!!! Keep away from that Headblade. Fusion does it every time
If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got!

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2009, 11:25:17 AM »
Fusion does it every time :/O :/O :/O :/O :/O :/O

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2009, 11:31:38 AM »

Sorry you feel that way. But there are plenty of other members who agree with me
If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got!

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2009, 01:20:28 PM »

Sorry you feel that way. But there are plenty of other members who agree with me
Maybe Scots is a different language, but it sounded to me like you are saying that Fusion does it--i.e. slices the noggin--everytime.  As a devoted Fusion user who has never drawn blood w/ my Fusion, I thought it a strange statement. 

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2009, 04:30:44 PM »
I've been using the HB for over a year. Here are my observations for old and new HB users alike.
Please feel free to add your two cents.....

I have both nicked and cut myself with the HB. A few pretty bad cuts too. I've noticed that this usually happens when I do one of two things.
1) Try to get those couple extra shaves out of the blade (I've stopped doing this!)
2) If I rush my shave.

I NEVER cut myself with the HB going with the grain..... it's always when I'm going against the grain.

I would say the "no pressure" rule is a bit of a misnomer. I actually feel that you NEVER put pressure on the front of the HB (above the blade).... BUT, I think a small amount of pressure on the back of the HB (above the wheels/pad) is a good thing. That little pressure keeps the HB against your head AND actually prevents you from having pressure on the blade end. No pressure on the blade end = little or no cuts/nicks.

"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Ghost1988

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2009, 04:41:56 PM »
mike how many shaves can you get out of a headblade btw? i dont want to make the mistake of trying to get that "extra shave" out of it and end up cutting myself AGAIN.

Offline Cam

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • The honey tastes sweeter when you anger the bees.
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2009, 04:55:34 PM »

I would say the "no pressure" rule is a bit of a misnomer. I actually feel that you NEVER put pressure on the front of the HB (above the blade).... BUT, I think a small amount of pressure on the back of the HB (above the wheels/pad) is a good thing. That little pressure keeps the HB against your head AND actually prevents you from having pressure on the blade end. No pressure on the blade end = little or no cuts/nicks.

yeah, that's totally true. I guess I always think that is known when I say "no pressure" I mean no pressure on the blade only. I'll remember to add that from now on, too.

mike how many shaves can you get out of a headblade btw? i dont want to make the mistake of trying to get that "extra shave" out of it and end up cutting myself AGAIN.

On that one, I think it depends on what kind of blades you use. I probably get 2 weeks worth of shaving everyday out of one Sensor Excel blade.

Offline Ghost1988

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2009, 05:03:56 PM »
what about the triple blades the headblade comes with? same time about?

Offline Cam

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2009, 05:12:54 PM »
I have no idea about those. I'm going to use one for the first time today, since I got a new HB last night and it came with the triple. If I like it, I'm sure I'll keep using it until it gets dull. I get back to you after my shave tonight and let you know if I'm going to keep using it, lol.

Offline Ghost1988

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2009, 05:29:38 PM »
alrighty.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2009, 08:55:42 PM »
I get a week from the HB triples. Your mileage may vary since I have really nothing but a few hairs I'm cutting from the whole top of my head due to MPB. But I do have thick hair in the horseshoe.

I use the CVS triples sold at CVS stores. They are dead ringers for the HB triples except for the color of the lubricating strip.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Cam

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2009, 09:08:44 PM »
Yeah, so I tried to HB triple tonight and... if they stopped making the sensor adapters, then I COULD use them, but for me, the Sensor Excel is the only way to go!

Offline Park99

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2009, 06:07:49 AM »
Hey Ghost. I cut my head too. It was a deep cut. I think it the triple blade that cause to cut your head. I use headblade too. I have to stop using triple blade. There is something wrong with the triple blade. My brother cut his head too, he was using triple blade from headblade. So I really think it the triple blade that cause it. I am using Gillette Sensor Excel blade now. They run smooth. It the double blade. I go with the grain.

Offline Tor

• Ride the World!
  • Sly
  • Bald Rider
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2009, 09:57:02 AM »
I get about 2 weeks worth from my Atra blades (2-blade) on the headblade. The HB is all I use on my head, even around the ears  O0 . Just be smooth, no downward pressure, and replace the blades before you think you have to.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But in practice, there is.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2009, 10:15:21 AM »

Maybe Scots is a different language, but it sounded to me like you are saying that Fusion does it--i.e. slices the noggin--everytime.  As a devoted Fusion user who has never drawn blood w/ my Fusion, I thought it a strange statement. 

Sorry m8, yes that statement meant that I use fusion all the time and i never have any problems

Enter your email address: