Author Topic: have a ???? and need a answer  (Read 2275 times)

Offline RockloudRockhard88

• Sly Jr.
have a ???? and need a answer
« on: January 28, 2009, 06:12:25 PM »
this isnt about my head its a ? about my face.... anyways today i shaved my head and my face too cause i have to stay clean shaven for my job anyways everytime i shave my chin it feels like is ripping the hair out instead of shaving it and ive use Gillette twin blades my Mach 3 a Quattro and Fusion and it happens with all of them why is this?????????????

LONG LIVE THE MACH 3!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline SBG Math Guy

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • me with little shadow
Re: have a ???? and need a answer
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 06:51:50 PM »
I would say you have dry skin maybe.   Do you use a shaving brush?  If not, give it a try it should help. 

parksie

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 09:52:22 PM »
Try an exfoliating the skin with st' ives scrub, then use a quality shaving cream and hot water.  You may also want to make sure that you shave in a downward direction.  I shaved my beard this week and made the mistake of shaving against the grain around the chin area... I broke out. :Xo!

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 07:04:15 AM »
i do have the apricot scrub that still doest work  :Xo! its crazy and as far as a shaving brush ive never had one so might have to try that

Offline The Scottish Ambassador

• Scottish Ambassador to SBG!
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 07:42:51 AM »
Try shaving oil AND shaving gel. Put shave oil on first then lather up withn the gel. Also if you can manage and have time, weta flannel with water as hot as you can bare and put this on the beard area before the oil and gel to try to soften your bristle further. Fusion is doing a tough beard gel. Might be worth a try for u
If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got!

Offline time2shine

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 11:28:32 AM »
everytime i shave my chin it feels like is ripping the hair out instead of shaving it

How long is your chin hair when you shave it?  Sounds like it might be longer, and your shaving against the grain.  Its easier to go with the grain on the longer hairs, then go against afterwards.

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2009, 02:30:11 PM »
shave oil huh??? have to try that to. and i shave every other day so the hairs arent long i cant have facial hair cause of my job so yea cant let it grow out and i was gonna say i use Barbasol you think that has anything to do with it???? well i also have used Edge shave gel too so dont think its a problem cause anything i use it always feels like it just pulls the hair out and sometimes i stop for a few cause it hurts and start back shaving again :-\ and where can i get the shave oil??? at walmart i seen some shave oil stuff will that do the trick?

Offline PowerOfCheese

• Super Sly
  • Sly and be free
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2009, 02:46:28 PM »
Not sure if this will help but I noticed a definite difference on my own chin when I'd really let my face soak up water vs a quick shower and shave. It's much more pleasant for me to shave when I've let water hit it for a few minutes straight.
---- The greater the artist, the greater the doubt. Perfect confidence is given to the less talented as a consolation prize. - Robert Hughes