Author Topic: 20 years old and receding fast  (Read 6908 times)

Offline BaldMark

• Sly
Re: 20 years old and receding fast
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2008, 10:54:42 PM »
Welcome to the gang.   When you decide to go sly you may get some laughs. I see it this way the guys laugh because they feel intimidated because they don't have the confidence to do it and know how good you look to steal all the hotties they might have gotten, and the ladies laugh because they love it and don't want to be obvious about it.   As has been said many times Sly isn't just about shaving your head it's all about confidence in YOU!  When you do it go to the most public place you can with as many people as you can find NO hat!  You will get stares and snickers but I Guarantee you this, you will, have some of the hottest chicks staring at you and might come home with a few numbers.   One more thing you would ROCK a slick dome!

Offline OzPete

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2008, 11:17:37 PM »
Welcome Sean!

Offline J.J.

• Sly
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2008, 01:13:16 AM »
Howdy Sean!  Like all the others have said...try it!  If you don't like it, it will grow back.  But if you're like most of us here, you'll like it too much to go back.  And wait until you feel some of our Chicago snow on your Sly dome!  It's awesome!

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2008, 01:17:46 PM »
Sean, it looks like you are already doing the next best thing to shaving... short buzz.  From the looks of it, you have a great shaped head to pull off the slick dome.  As much as it sucks to lose hair at a young age, at least it's happening quickly.  It's much worse to watch it slowly go over a period of years and wonder what you should do... plug, drugs, rugs.  You will find it extremely empowering once you go sly, and you can get on with life.  People will soon forget what you looked like with hair, and believe me, you WILL watch friends as the years pass begin to lose their hair and struggle.  Those days will be long past for you.  Many of the younger guys have found a whole new world of ladies who dig the slick look, and I'm sure the same thing will happen to you.  Good luck!
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline Danny

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2008, 11:42:57 PM »
Sean I was way more embarrassed when I had the horseshoe thing than when I shaved it all off.

And even if someone says something negative to you it's not because of you being bald. It's because of them having to poke fun at someone to feel better about themselves.

The first time you feel a woman's hand on your sly dome you will be sly 4 life!

Offline Sean25

• Super Sly
  • 2010 sly fantasy football champ!
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2008, 11:41:03 PM »
I really appreciate the support, It's awesome.  Still having some trouble with all of this but I'll try and keep you updated. 

Offline time2shine

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2008, 01:25:43 AM »
Welcome Sean.  You're at the right place.
Good luck, bro.

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2008, 07:09:20 PM »
Also, once you shave it, you should keep it shaved for THIRTY DAYS!!!  Around here, that is known as the 30 day rule.  If you do that, you should know if SLY is for you.  But I suspect that you will probably enjoy being Sly.  I have not known too many balding guys who have regretted going sly.  I certainly haven't regretted it!

Offline Killjoy

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2009, 03:52:17 PM »
I'm as new as you to this site but I say go for it, you're almost there from the pic. I started losing when I was 13, lost the whole top by 20. Unfortunately I rushed into surgery then moved over to a "piece" now at 27 I regret both. I wish I had just went sly at the first signs, and know now that I would never have looked back...

So again I think the sooner you are comfortable doing it - the better, the longer you wait the more time you waste worrying and stressing and the harder it gets to transition.

Offline SBG Math Guy

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • me with little shadow
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2009, 04:05:33 PM »
I'm as new as you to this site but I say go for it, you're almost there from the pic. I started losing when I was 13, lost the whole top by 20. Unfortunately I rushed into surgery then moved over to a "piece" now at 27 I regret both. I wish I had just went sly at the first signs, and know now that I would never have looked back...

So again I think the sooner you are comfortable doing it - the better, the longer you wait the more time you waste worrying and stressing and the harder it gets to transition.

Hey Killjoy welcome to the site bro.   I'm sorry for your situation.   You are so right.  Some people keep delaying and grow longer hair, wait until their 30s and then it gets to 40s.   That's about 20 years of worrying.  I don't know but I don't think I would be able to bear that.   I have had hair thinning for 4 years and I couldn't it take it.    Thank God I'm out of that situation.  Oh yeah, it was thanks to this site of course. 

Enter your email address: