Author Topic: Young shaver needs advice  (Read 5072 times)

Offline OzPete

• Sly Bureau
Re: Young shaver needs advice
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2008, 06:55:41 PM »
Welcome Bentham!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2008, 12:30:33 PM »

Would you say I should stick with shaving?

Yes.

Offline Stevo

• Agile, Mobile, Audiophile
  • Sly
    • Country Road of Life
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2008, 12:35:09 PM »
Hey thanks for the responses everyone.  Here's a picture so you can see how badly thinned out my hair is:

http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/2492/dec2008rz4.jpg

Would you say I should stick with shaving?
Oh dear God, yes, definitely keep shaving.

Offline Ghost1988

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2008, 12:46:08 PM »

Took clippers to it myself, buzzed it all off, it makes the thinning even more visible.  This is when I noticed the huge disadvantage.  Cutting the hair off brings attention to my huge ears and nose.  I'm also pale and tall.   I look like a completely different, uglier person with this look.

^you just described me lol. none of that matters when you shave your head though because the sly look brings out the possitives in all your facial features.

Offline Ghost1988

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2008, 12:56:03 PM »
o and btw.......if im not mistakin,i think im the youngest active member in this board so  im in the same boat as you as far as balding, and i have you by a year. im only 20. so i can definately relate to you if you ever need advice just send me a private message or w/e. the same with all these other members. theyre great for self esteem. i dont have the same pattern of baldness as you but in my opinion its just as bad as you think yours is. i dont have a hairline. i just have this really thin strip that recedes all the way to the top of my head.

Offline the_sLiDe

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2008, 01:05:54 PM »
So, i haven't posted for a while but... all i have to say is do it.  At first its scary as hell... yes i'll admit it.  I didn't even have it buzzed! I asked my gf to do it i was so scared!! Anyways, the sly look is SICK... and although it needs enough maintenance compared to regular hair i tell myself, balding or bald by choice? (the choice is to shave it!)... anyways you won't regret it one bit.  Oh yeah and i'm 21 so no worries.

Offline Bentham

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2008, 10:59:00 PM »
Tomorrow I'll shave it and post the after pic..  one thing I'm wondering, is it okay to use face moisturizer on the dome?

Ghost do you keep the chinstrap beard and just square it off at the ears?  I'm thinking of trying the same look

Enter your email address: