Author Topic: Anyone else still not bald yet?  (Read 7412 times)

Offline Gloss

• Sly Jr.
  • Montel is a "baldspiration" to me.
Anyone else still not bald yet?
« on: December 09, 2008, 06:36:10 PM »
I've never shaved my head and I am still looking for the courage to do it amongst an nonsupporting wife.  How close are you to shaving your dome?  I have my head buzzed at a #2 setting at the moment.  It is just enough to please my wife because she likes sideburns on me (she says they are sexy on a man).

I'm not bald yet.

Offline sellitman

• "Shiny"
  • Sly
  • Love My Henson Ti-22 Safety Razor!!!
Re: Anyone else still not bald yet?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 04:04:42 PM »
You sure you are not married to my wife? I have the ugly horse shoe and have threatened the wife with baldness only to still have a hair ring.

I use a clipper that has a suction chamber to catch the hair and I use the 3/8 guide. It's buzzed pretty tight.
"There is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God’s grey Earth as that prince of foods... the muffin!"- Frank Zappa

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 07:12:03 PM »
 :x! :x! :x!
Okay guys, the Sly Wisdom is ask forgiveness, never permission O0 O0--

Blades to the bone O0, guys--no excuses 8).

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 06:52:43 AM »
Just do it....what is she going to do ?  DIVORCE YOU?   Them saying they dont like it and you obeying...just gives them the assurance that they still control you to an extent....GO FOR IT!

Offline Jer

• People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
  • Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2009, 07:15:41 AM »
I say GO FOR IT!!!

And since she likes sideburns, shave the dome smooth but leave the sideburns, that way you are pleasing her!  And when she said it doesn't look good with the sideburns you get to take them off and be completely Sly!  lol this way SHE is the one telling you to get rid of them and be completely Sly.

Who knows, it just may work!   O0

benmcd

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2009, 07:43:21 AM »
You should not get too worked up about going to the next step and taking the stubble off with a blade, it seems a bigger step than it really is. I have had a close buzz in the past and when I took it back to the skin with a blade some people hardly noticed.  To be honest, you will have more fuzz back than you want a few days later, which will make you head for the sink, shaving cream and Mach4.
It always has a habit of coming back.. .. ..  >:(

Offline GaryT

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2009, 08:05:54 AM »
"The wife" seems to be a problem for many men but let me ask you one question. When your wife is at the salon and gets a suggestion to try something new, does she just do it?

Same thing for us!! Come on guys aren't we supposed to be a bunch of sly guys!! Take a stand, JUST DO IT!!  IF even then she is not happy, you can grow it back in no time at all!
It's all about attitude!

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2009, 09:23:16 AM »
"When your wife is at the salon and gets a suggestion to try something new, does she just do it?

Same thing for us!!

Great statement O0--and if I get any cr_p, I'll use it on She Who Must Be Obeyed!