Author Topic: Any guys suffer from itchy skin?  (Read 4328 times)

Offline The Scottish Ambassador

• Scottish Ambassador to SBG!
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
Any guys suffer from itchy skin?
« on: November 30, 2008, 01:26:00 PM »
Any of you guys suffer from itchy skin.

I get it on my legs below my knees and cold weather seems to exacerbate the situation.

And if you do have you any wonder cures?

If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got!

Offline Mr. Wilson

• Sly
Re: Any guys suffer from itchy skin?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 01:34:50 PM »
I scratch my balls often if that counts.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 01:39:35 PM »
I scratch my balls often if that counts.

Ehhhh!!!! NO!!! Far too much information  :x!
If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got!

Offline Brkeatr

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2008, 02:05:04 PM »
Yeah, I get it every winter on my shins and around the ankles. If someone has a cure, I would like to know about it also.   :-\

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2008, 02:12:08 PM »
Hot water in the shower dries the skin out.  I have a hard time with this in the winter time too because I like a really hot shower, but it does tend to make my skin dry and itchy.

Try putting some lotion on just before you go to bed.

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2008, 03:10:32 PM »
Anytime I come inside from outside, or go outside. Because of the warm/cold contrast I immediately go into bear mode and have to scratch my back on something. I'm not sure why it happens but I get really itchy

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2008, 03:21:42 PM »
Anytime I come inside from outside, or go outside. Because of the warm/cold contrast I immediately go into bear mode and have to scratch my back on something. I'm not sure why it happens but I get really itchy

My back gets really itchy, too.  Usually right around the shoulder blades and I just don't have enough flexibility to reach them.  I found that my old hairbrush, which obviously isn't being used for anything else nowadays, makes a good back scratcher.

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2008, 04:11:19 PM »

My back gets really itchy, too.  Usually right around the shoulder blades and I just don't have enough flexibility to reach them.  I found that my old hairbrush, which obviously isn't being used for anything else nowadays, makes a good back scratcher.
Ha, that reminds me of my grandfathers infamous back scratchers, he would grab whatever was handy and duct tape them together to reach those hard to reach spots. Think broken hammer handle, wooden spoon, remote control, feather duster and pocket comb.

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2008, 04:22:07 PM »
I know there are several good lotions out there for this type of thing.  I believe that Gold Bond has a good one.  I'm sure that there are others.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2008, 05:22:54 PM »
Yeah: I get it around my shins in the winter: think its caused by being too warm (wearing more clothes, having the fire on etc etc) rather than being cold.  In the summer when i wear shorts more often it clears up completely.   8)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2008, 07:50:09 PM »

Ha, that reminds me of my grandfathers infamous back scratchers, he would grab whatever was handy and duct tape them together to reach those hard to reach spots. Think broken hammer handle, wooden spoon, remote control, feather duster and pocket comb.

Letter openers work well, too.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2008, 01:27:53 AM »
Ta guyz!!! At least if i dont find a cure I will know i am not the only sufferer. :(

Offline Wil87

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Low Lie The Fields of Athenry
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2008, 02:42:19 AM »
i hav a touch of exzema (or however you spell it) and the winter is a real pain!! Best thing to do, try to put moisturiser on it everyday after a shower and before u go to bed (morning/night), like vasaline intensive moisture, try as best you can not to scratch it, because it only makes it worse. If the problem persists, go see your GP/Doctor etc, he/she should be able to diagnose it and perscribe something suited to the issue e.g. steriod creme (betnovate, elocon etc)

Need anything else, let me know dude!  O0

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2008, 08:58:10 AM »
i hav a touch of exzema (or however you spell it) and the winter is a real pain!! Best thing to do, try to put moisturiser on it everyday after a shower and before u go to bed (morning/night), like vasaline intensive moisture, try as best you can not to scratch it, because it only makes it worse. If the problem persists, go see your GP/Doctor etc, he/she should be able to diagnose it and perscribe something suited to the issue e.g. steriod creme (betnovate, elocon etc)

Need anything else, let me know dude!  O0

Thanks m8.

This site should be recognised for its friendliness. As I have already said, ALL you guys are gr8.  O0

marty22

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2008, 09:44:46 AM »
cream your legs and arms twice a day with a good quality moisturizer.

Enter your email address: