Author Topic: Champions of Baldness  (Read 9716 times)

Offline bungalow bill

• Sly Guy in Training
Champions of Baldness
« on: February 01, 2007, 03:45:58 AM »
Would just like to say iam a massive fan of  comedian Larry David (Curb your Enthusiasm) & have all 5 series on dvd.

He is a true bald crusader actively promoting the "bald community" in several episodes of his series,so much so that in series 3 he hires a chef for his new restaurant because he has an affinity with him due to their mutual baldness,only to promptly fire him later in the programme when he bumps into the chef wearing a toupee on his day off.

Just wondered if anyone can think of any other Celebrities that promote baldness in a positive way?   

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Champions of Baldness
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 05:08:00 PM »
Joey Lawrence and Bruce Willis have both said that they love having a chrome dome.  Chris Daughtry has said similiar things as well.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline MR. CLEAN

• All the Ladies wanta Know me, All the Fellas' wanta be me... 'Cause I'm Money
  • Super Sly
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 06:01:08 PM »
I think that it is a edgier look... I mean, what can you do to accomplish the Tough Guy look, combine that with the Smooth, Sly look, and follow up with just the fact that it just looks dope on the right people.  I Mean, could you imagine DIE HARD with a full head of manicured hair?  Could you imagine Stone Cold being anywhere near as imposing right out the Box if it was not for the fact that he just comes off appearing like a Tough, rough Red Neck?  Would Howie Mandel be able to get away from his children's show, to be able to host a show where his co-stars are 26 or so beautiful ladies?
The Look that makes a career, that becomes your trademark, and guarantees the woman may forget your name, but never the feeling of their fingers across your smooth Dome!  What would you want to be remembered for?  O:O   
Peace

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 06:22:20 PM »
I concur on Bruce being high on the list.  I know he is not completely sly, because it is a Mohawk, but Chuck Liddell is the man, too.  Great attitude, great fighter!  And oh Vin Diesel he is such a charismatic guy, and really gives bald a good image. ;)
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline Professor Melon

• Professor Melon
  • Super Sly
  • Professor Melon
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2007, 08:11:59 AM »
 O0 Dr. Keith Ablow deserves some credit too. He established the sly bald  look for professional men whose colleagues are--at least appearance-wise---extremely conventional and conservative. This is difficult in academe and psychiatry because so many colleagues are old enough to associate headshaving with negative stereotypes, the neo-Nazi skinhead, fascist dictator, and criminal doing time. At a recent scholarly conference, I was relieved (since I was already committed to shaving) to note a dozen slick-domed tie-and-jacket professors in attendance. Add to these scores of newsmen, actors, pitchmen, technologists, scientists, political advisers, military and police officers and you  can appreciate how far the bald look and BBC have come in the last twenty years. A factor in this change has to be the arrival of the Boomers at middle age. The most egotistical and narcissistic generation this country has ever produced, they must now admit that baldness is a normal/attractive condition for adult men, and that their deeply missed hippie tresses of yesterday belong with their high school yearbooks and other adolescent ephemera. Professor Melon
Embrace the bald truth

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2007, 08:13:50 AM »
way before kieth ablow there was montel. he has been sly for a long time.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline dieseldan04

• Dieseldan04
  • Sly
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2007, 12:06:08 AM »
Montel is definitely a champion of baldness, and don't forget about Steve from Jerry Springer!
Dieseldan04

Shine On Fellow Chrome Domers!

Offline David

• the v-train is coming through
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2007, 12:23:39 AM »
Joey Lawrence and Bruce Willis have both said that they love having a chrome dome.  Chris Daughtry has said similiar things as well.

Of course they do.   When you realize how you are in control of everything it is very empowering.   You decide when to shave and your shave routine.
bald for life

Offline dieseldan04

• Dieseldan04
  • Sly
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2007, 08:10:10 PM »
One sly guy I haven't seen mentioned here is New Orleans mayor Ray Nagin.  He is a true example of the confidence and resolve that sly guys exude.  I gained alot of respect for him after watching the documentary " When The Levees Broke. "
Dieseldan04

Shine On Fellow Chrome Domers!

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2007, 08:11:09 PM »
nagin is an idiot

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Myspace
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2007, 11:12:23 AM »
nagin is an idiot
I didn't say it.  But I second it.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2007, 07:12:46 AM »
nagin is an idiot
I didn't say it.  But I second it.

Ya knew someone would say it though
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2007, 07:55:44 AM »
nagin is an idiot

I bet Deisel didn't see THAT comin'  :*)) ;D

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Myspace
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2007, 08:45:51 AM »
Maybe Mayor Rudolph Giuliani.  He is not sly, but he did stop the comb over.

Paul isn't Nagin still your Mayor?

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2007, 02:07:47 PM »
Maybe Mayor Rudolph Giuliani.  He is not sly, but he did stop the comb over.

Paul isn't Nagin still your Mayor?

he is new orleans mayor. i live about an hour and a half west. thank god.

Enter your email address: