Author Topic: Tardy People  (Read 6886 times)

Offline don

• Sly
Tardy People
« on: January 31, 2007, 09:50:47 PM »
I have a few friends that seem to be late for everything.One friend was late picking me up for 20 minutes and I froze my ass off waiting. He seems to use the same excuse over and over about the traffic flow. Another friend claims she has ADD and that is why she's always late.Yet I'm sure she didn't have it 30 years ago! Also there is another friend who is late at least 15 to 20 minutes all the time and they don't live too far away.

Now I am just the opposite as I am always on time even a few minutes early sometimes.I'm very considerate as I hate to keep people waiting and yet they don't give a damm if they keep me waiting.To me lateness is nothing more than a bad habit.I'm not very confrontational so I say things like, "You had me worried,I thought you were in an accident" Or I say in a nice way,"Why don't you try leaving the house a little earlier" but unfortunately nothing seems to help. I really don't get how these people can be so inconsiderate. Does anybody have any advice they can share with me because this is really grating on my nerves?

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Tardy People
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 11:17:19 PM »
With my friends and family that are like that I usually either tell them to be there 30 min earlier than required or call them when they should be leaving their house to make sure they are leaving on time.  After a while they get the hint not to be late around me.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline frostillicus123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Forgot to Shave this morning
    • My Twitter Explict Language
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 12:33:41 AM »
Tyler's right that's the only way to be with friends and family... I hate havign to count on others for rides to work if i arrive after 15 minutes before I'm suppose to be there i feel like i'm late.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/071111/samp9a1d5d13c394b3da.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline David

• the v-train is coming through
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007, 01:20:46 AM »
With my friends and family that are like that I usually either tell them to be there 30 min earlier than required or call them when they should be leaving their house to make sure they are leaving on time.  After a while they get the hint not to be late around me.

Don't feel bad, some relatives on my mom's side have been over an hour or two late for our getogethers(christmas, thanksgiving, mothers day the big 3)
bald for life

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2007, 02:45:27 AM »
So tell them that things will start  earlier than they really will, or that you have to be at work earlier than youreally do, them maybe they will accually be a little closer to being on time.
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

BaldRob

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007, 06:15:34 AM »
I just don't worry about it... some people are always going to be late, some are going to be right on time, some are always going to be early.  It's life...

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2007, 07:15:19 AM »
I have an aunt who is constantly late. So as a standing rule, when we inviter her to birthdays and stuff we tell her to be there at least 30 minutes before we plan on starting.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Shiny

• Sly
  • Celebrate the bean
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2007, 07:37:57 AM »
I have a sister who is notoriously late for everything and I know how it can "grate on your nerves".  The one bright spot is that my punctuality was probably borne out of her tardiness.  Her attitude about it has been that "you should know me by now".  Well my attitude now is, I ain't waiting!  You be there on time or I'm leavin' without you!  I am also a fan of walking in the shoes of others.  So whenever I get a chance to show her how it feels, I'll be late.  :Xo!
I'm Brian and so is my wife!

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2007, 08:50:58 AM »
my wife is one of those always late people. i tell her th only thing she will be on time for is the funeral. she just laughs and says don't bet on it. everyone knows she is gonna be late, so we plan things earlier than we need to. it works sometimes.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2007, 10:59:30 AM »
my wife is one of those always late people. i tell her th only thing she will be on time for is the funeral. she just laughs and says don't bet on it. everyone knows she is gonna be late, so we plan things earlier than we need to. it works sometimes.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA......sometimes
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
  • thanks guys!! I love ya's to bits <3
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2007, 12:39:22 PM »
I just don't worry about it... some people are always going to be late, some are going to be right on time, some are always going to be early.  It's life...

I second that!! (sorry, I'm one of the late ones... :()
And, I'll even go so far as to say, that women are the worst!
I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances ~  Martha Washington

spaceape48

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2007, 08:33:31 PM »
I'm constantly calling my friend Daryl out on being late. When he say fifteen minutes, I say see you in an hour. It's what I call Darly time,lol. I think we all have issues, for some of us it's being late. It used to be a bother, but now I just expect it.

Woman sometimes find reasons to be late I think,lol.  :/O

Offline don

• Sly
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2007, 09:41:01 PM »
Thanks guys,I'll keep those things in mind.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2007, 01:39:12 AM »
I'm constantly calling my friend Daryl out on being late.

True story.....however the names were changed to protect the innocent

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2007, 07:27:17 AM »
No such thing as innocent people anymore.....just my two cents