Author Topic: Advantages - lots. Disadvantages - cant think of any!!!!  (Read 5141 times)

Offline The Scottish Ambassador

• Scottish Ambassador to SBG!
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
Advantages - lots. Disadvantages - cant think of any!!!!
« on: November 25, 2008, 02:53:46 AM »
Advantages - no wet hair when you come out the shower, no wet hair running down your face when in the pool, no hair gel or styling products to buy, no time to spend in the morning when you are running late to make hair look half decent before you go out.

Disadvantages - cant think of any. Can you?

Steve

If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got!

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Advantages - lots. Disadvantages - cant think of any!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 03:00:08 AM »
agreed stephen O0

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Brkeatr

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 03:09:00 AM »
Nope, can't think of any..... O0

PE#1

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 03:34:52 AM »
agreed.  being bald can have many advantages. 

Well, there is the one disadvantage.  None of us can run on camera in slow motion whipping our hair around.  Darn.   :(

;D

Offline Wil87

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Low Lie The Fields of Athenry
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 04:27:20 AM »
Agreed Lance, none of us can do the mandatory Baywatch run when we see the ocean...... :-[although I do it anyway!

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2008, 05:15:58 AM »
Not being able to do the Baywatch thing not a prob for me. Too darn cold in Scotland!!!!!!!!
If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got!

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2008, 05:27:41 AM »
Disadvantage?   Yeah, it keeps growing back :Xo!
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2008, 06:35:24 AM »
Agreed Lance, none of us can do the mandatory Baywatch run when we see the ocean...... :-[although I do it anyway!

LOL...I would rather do the Chariots of Fire...

PE#1

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2008, 09:42:47 AM »

;D ;D ;D

PE#1

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2008, 09:45:15 AM »

LOL...I would rather do the Chariots of Fire...

I can see that now.  You in your red and whites running with a torch in your hand.  The torch would have a bald guy's head on the top.  The flame would be coming out from where his hair would usually be.   ;D

Offline time2shine

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2008, 10:46:25 AM »
Disadvantage?   Yeah, it keeps growing back :Xo!

amen.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2008, 11:11:46 AM »
Lol, yes I have to concede that one. It is a pain in the ass when it grows back.....

Steve

Offline SBG Math Guy

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • me with little shadow
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2008, 09:08:12 PM »
lol oh come on.  You guys haven't thought enough.

Here is one disadvantage......................being addicted to slybaldguys.com

Offline BB

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2008, 05:14:40 AM »
Hey There - Have lurked around for a few years. But found this topic to be compelling enough to respond to. 

Advantages:
1 - Easier to shave my head then have what little hair I had trimmed.  Got tired of being the only bald guy in the barbershop.
2 - Outside, so much easier to get a good rubdown of sun protection, without hair getting matted up.
3 - No one can tell that I'm both prematurely bald and then prematurely gray !
4 - I'm always the first to know when it starts raining outside.
5 - Finally and most important - since I've been thin haired since late teens - up to full pattern baldness in my 30's - being bald gives my Doctor total visibility for precancer developments.  I'm in every 3-6 months to have spots frozen off.

Disadvantages:
1 - Very sensitive to temperature changes - it's like my head is a living thermometer.
2 - Cost of the 'really good' razor blades I like to use.
3 - Without my goatee I've been accused of looking like a 'male appendage' with eye brows.
4 - Have to maintain a good inventory of hats - of which I keep one in each of my cars / out in my garage / hanging by the front door - stuffed into my winter coats etc. etc.
5 - Finally - There are no other disadvantages I can think of...and the 4 above are a stretch.

In conclusion - advantages clearly out weigh disadvanatages....highly recommend it !

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2008, 01:59:30 PM »
Hey There - Have lurked around for a few years. But found this topic to be compelling enough to respond to. 

Advantages:
1 - Easier to shave my head then have what little hair I had trimmed.  Got tired of being the only bald guy in the barbershop.
2 - Outside, so much easier to get a good rubdown of sun protection, without hair getting matted up.
3 - No one can tell that I'm both prematurely bald and then prematurely gray !
4 - I'm always the first to know when it starts raining outside.
5 - Finally and most important - since I've been thin haired since late teens - up to full pattern baldness in my 30's - being bald gives my Doctor total visibility for precancer developments.  I'm in every 3-6 months to have spots frozen off.

Disadvantages:
1 - Very sensitive to temperature changes - it's like my head is a living thermometer.
2 - Cost of the 'really good' razor blades I like to use.
3 - Without my goatee I've been accused of looking like a 'male appendage' with eye brows.
4 - Have to maintain a good inventory of hats - of which I keep one in each of my cars / out in my garage / hanging by the front door - stuffed into my winter coats etc. etc.
5 - Finally - There are no other disadvantages I can think of...and the 4 above are a stretch.

In conclusion - advantages clearly out weigh disadvanatages....highly recommend it !

Glad my post encouraged you to join in the forum. Very comprehensively thought out!

Enter your email address: