Author Topic: Shakf Fitness Goal  (Read 3731 times)

shakf

Shakf Fitness Goal
« on: November 24, 2008, 12:06:03 PM »
Being a type 2 diabetic my fitness goal revolves around cardio vascular activities and losing weight. I started on the 20th of September weighing in at 198 pounds which equates to 90 kilos. At todays weigh in I weigh 180 pounds which is approximately just over 81 kilos. I'm still classes as overweight for my height which is 1.75 metres (5ft 9 inches). My BMI is 26.6. For my BMI to be 25 I need to be 168 pounds (76 kilos) which just puts me on the border. Ideally I want to get down to 160 pounds which is about 72 kilos. So I have 20 pounds to lose to get to my target weight. My exercise routine first started with weights and cardio but I have recently concentrated on just the cardio running 10k around 6 days a week on the treadmill to improve my cardio vascular health. I usually get my heart rate to a maximum of between 160-168. My resting rate is about 65 bpm. I enjoy running and like the euphoric feeling when finished. I eat fairly healthy three times a day and snacking on fruit in between. I've been exercising for 9 weeks now and my weight loss has been about 2lbs per week which is a fairly healthy loss that can be maintained. I started at around a 38 inch waist and am now about a 34 inch. I need to get to about 32 inches which I can maintain.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
Re: Shakf Fitness Goal
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 04:11:47 PM »
Way to go, Shakf !!  I too am Type 2 Diabetes.   

That 65 bpm resting rate is nice, my friend O0

Keep up the good work, brutha

Offline Brkeatr

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 05:04:11 PM »
Way to go bro...!!   Best of luck in attaining your goal !!   O0

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 02:25:54 AM »
congrats bro. that is great work.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!