Author Topic: Help for Beginners  (Read 3471 times)

Offline Alex

• Sly Guy in Training
Help for Beginners
« on: November 07, 2008, 08:45:05 PM »
I remember what it was like being a beginner.

If anyone needs a bit of free help with some serious dieting questions just ask.

Im not a personal trainer but I consider myself a conditioning expert. I was once pretty fat due to an injury, and made a big comback. I am a national level competitor and try to stay in contest shape year round.

I can answer some of your questions here:

Offline Alex

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: Help for Beginners
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 08:49:19 PM »
Some more photos:

Offline Alex

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 08:51:03 PM »

Offline Drewbull

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 03:16:43 AM »
Well man I wished I was built like you.  Ok I know genetics plays a big part but I believe I could have a much better build if I worked at it.  I want to increase muscle size and lose body fat.  Any tips?  Thanks man.
Untitled:  The Art of Being Unique

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2008, 07:47:22 AM »
That's INSANE vascularity, man !!!!

Couple of questions:

1)  What % body fat are those pics?
2)  What's yer weight/height?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 07:49:01 AM by Robmeister »

Offline Alex

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2008, 07:52:40 PM »
Drewbull - Yes genetics do play a large part but i find working hard and eating right will do wonders.  Building muscle wont come over night but takes some time as you already know.  My weight goes between 160lbs - 180lbs depending if its offseason or im getting ready for a comp.  My constant is roughly 400g. Protein and 300-350g. Carbs the only thing that changes is my cardio.  The closer to show time the more cardio i do.  6days on 1day off.

Offline Alex

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2008, 07:55:53 PM »
Robmeister - Im guessing my bf% is 3-4% (never really checked).  Im a short guy only 5'4" and in those pics im roughly 170lbs.

BALDANDRE

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2008, 09:19:18 PM »
Drewbull - Yes genetics do play a large part but i find working hard and eating right will do wonders.  Building muscle wont come over night but takes some time as you already know.  My weight goes between 160lbs - 180lbs depending if its offseason or im getting ready for a comp.  My constant is roughly 400g. Protein and 300-350g. Carbs the only thing that changes is my cardio.  The closer to show time the more cardio i do.  6days on 1day off.

Duuuddee!

No way that's you!

Awesome work ...

I should say you do very good work brutha! O0

BALDANDRE

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2008, 09:20:56 PM »
Im a short guy only 5'4" and in those pics im roughly 170lbs.

So there is stud hope for me...

I'm 5'6"! ;)

Offline Dome of Steele

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2008, 12:02:53 AM »
Awesome transformation man. 
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/090813/sampff0212de70bbab6a.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline RockloudRockhard88

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2008, 07:02:11 AM »
nice work dude i was always working out in high school! went from 120lbs to 175lbs and that took 3 years but now i havent worked out in a year since ive moved down to florida cause bills money etc...  my workout routine was
mon: Chest
tues:off
wed:back and shoulders
thurs:legs abs
fri:off
sat:biceps,triceps and forearms
sun:off

and i ate 4 meals a day all had protein and i would drink protein shakes
mainly EAS 100% Whey protein cause i didnt feel like wasting 50 bucks at GNC on overpriced whey and i did take a multvitamin/multimineral and creatine

do you take any supps. such as Whey and what brand?
LONG LIVE THE MACH 3!!!!!!!!!!!!

SlyHigh

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2008, 08:12:59 AM »
Nice... I'd love to be built like that, but the amount of work would be too much!  My problem is the opposite from most guys.  I have a hard time gaining weight.  I'm 6' and 165lbs.  A couple years ago I was at 145lbs, and I was able to gain 20lbs by eating so much food I wanted to puke all day long.  Took a couple of months.  Of course I was hitting the weights so my body fat didn't go up much.

I know my problem is mainly with diet.  If I had access to a buffet all day long it would be great.  But to prepare and eat so much food and protein, it really gets in the way of life.  I calculated it out and I think on workout days I need 3000+ calories.