Author Topic: Disadvantage - No Beach Head  (Read 7539 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Disadvantage - No Beach Head
« on: September 06, 2006, 11:21:45 PM »
One of the things that I miss about having hair - there isn't many - is Beach Head.  Don't know what beach head is?  Well, I don't think there is a technical term for it, but it's the way your hair feels after getting out of the ocean.  All the salt and sand in it makes it kinda crusty.  You never needed gel or anything because you could pretty much mold your hair anyway you wanted it.

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

gearhedguy

Re: Disadvantage - No Beach Head
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 10:03:43 PM »
Hmmm, can't say I've ever really experienced "beach head". But I HAVE experience scalp burn and that's NO FUN!! Best defense if you're out in the sun at the beach is to wear a hat or dew rag. . . don't rely on sunscreen alone!!

Offline Apollo5

• currently currently
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 10:54:50 AM »
Um, when I first started shaving my head, I went to the beach that summer and swam for a bit then showered and went to work that afternoon, the shaved head was a real convienence. the main thing is sun protection. I've never had scalp burn but I've been careful.

Offline Yeti

• "Fear profits a man nothing"
  • Sly Moderator
  • Super Sly
  • Big, Bald, & Friendly... ~Yeti
    • Yeti's Realm (MySpace Page)
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2006, 06:31:41 PM »

all I can say is Yeti's HATE the water!   lol   Sharks think we are the great white sea lion that gets dbl points!! haha
~Yeti
-------------
Tyler's Assister w/ creation of SBG & 1st Mod (now I am Elusive, but ALWAYS watching. hehe
-------------
BIG, FURRY, & BALD: Tattooes almost 300 hrs, Piercings several, Gamer; Internet 13+ yrs, Movies, Music, Drinks w/ friends, Ladies, my kids.
-------------

Offline Manta Ray

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 11:05:15 AM »
My hair always felt horrible after getting wet at the beach. I went to the beach this weekend and voila...no beach hair! Plenty of sunblock though

Offline bem75

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2009, 04:50:30 PM »
You guys are getting the wrong kind of beach head.   O0

jrppsuobx

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2009, 05:08:52 PM »
I'm with you on that BEm75!!!! ;D

Offline Dome of Steele

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2009, 01:16:50 AM »
1) The name of the thread let me down Tyler, I was expecting something much more exciting!

2)  Yes, I remember hair and the seas effect on it.  Years ago when my hair was thick I actually liked the effect.  Chlorine had an effect on my hair too. 

3)  For sun protection now, I use an SPF 50 on my head, and if I'm out there longer than a few hours I'll employ the du-rag.  I want the head to get some sun to even it out though. 
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/090813/sampff0212de70bbab6a.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2009, 11:28:07 PM »
1) The name of the thread let me down Tyler, I was expecting something much more exciting!

Sorry, but the increase in "that" would have been listed as an ADVANTAGE!!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.