Author Topic: I got Laid Off and I'm mad as hell!  (Read 10523 times)

buuckkweet

Re: I got Laid Off and I'm mad as hell!
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2008, 07:34:06 PM »
Thanks so much for the prayers and support Brothers!  It is greatly appreciated. O0

Today wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be.  My main priority is taking care of Mrs. BW.  Getting financial affairs in order and job hunting were a close second. 

Went to six factories and filled out employment applications.  Scheduling an interview Monday for a good paying production job. 8)

Keeping my fingers and toes crossed! :)

And YES!  I'm going to every interview BALD AND PROUD!!! O0 O0 O0

« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 07:35:40 PM by buuckkweet »

Offline nomad

• Sly Beach Bum!!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Conch Republic Bikinis
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2008, 07:46:59 PM »
it sucks to forced to make  a changed but you've got the right attitude to make it better and move forward in your life

keep your sly head up and keep fighting O0

Offline OzPete

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2008, 10:21:13 PM »
Hang in there BW, something will turn up! O0

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2008, 10:38:48 PM »
hey bw:  just wanted 2 let ya know that i'll B praying 4 ya.  i hope everything will go your way.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Dome of Steele

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2008, 11:45:25 PM »
Great attitude BW.  Don't sell yourself short and good luck with new employment!
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/090813/sampff0212de70bbab6a.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline DJ_Bald

• Super Sly
  • Letting it shine !
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2008, 07:43:07 AM »
That sucks man. Been there done that. What line of work are you in ?
Also...word to the wise....take taxes out of your unemployment...otherwise you REALLY get hammered come tax time.  Also...dont rush into the first job that wants to hire you. You should have 6 months of unemployment coming your way at about 527.00 per week (depending on your previous salary)--if you can survive on that then you can be a little pickier when choosing a new job.
Shave your head.....free your mind.

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2008, 04:47:32 PM »
My Bald Brothers, the economic times have hit home for me.

At 2:30 this afternoon I was laid off from my seemingly secure management position at work today.  My boss could'nt give me a direct reason besides the fact that the decision came down from corporate.  B.S!!!!  They kept employees who don't know the job nearly as well as I do.  :Xo!

Hell Yeah I'm pissed!  But I'm not taking this crap sitting down! >:( 

By 5:30pm I've already filed for unemployment, and applied at 2 other places for employment.  Every door that is shut in your face means another is about to open.  I just have to find the right door.  I still can't believe that this happened, but it did.  Now it's time to find another great job and once again do my very best! O0   

If they don't have a valid reason and you have worked there for more than 3 months I would take them to court.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2008, 05:35:01 PM »
Hey buuckk, sorry to hear about the bad news, but you've definitely got your head in the right place. Keep up the positive attitude, and it will take you through this.

Keep your smooth bald head held high.

Good things will come along for you.   O0

Offline Brkeatr

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2008, 05:37:59 PM »

At 2:30 this afternoon I was laid off from my seemingly secure management position at work today.  My boss could'nt give me a direct reason besides the fact that the decision came down from corporate.  B.S!!!!  They kept employees who don't know the job nearly as well as I do.  :Xo!

By 5:30pm I've already filed for unemployment, and applied at 2 other places for employment.  Every door that is shut in your face means another is about to open.  I just have to find the right door.  I still can't believe that this happened, but it did.  Now it's time to find another great job and once again do my very best! O0   

If they don't have a valid reason and you have worked there for more than 3 months I would take them to court.

That would do NO good unless your Civil Service or something.....there is a little thing in the law called EMPLOYMENT AT WILL and most places hire under that law....

http://www.nolo.com/article.cfm/ObjectID/AAD74992-4C86-44DA-8102A340BCEC520A/catID/D348BE73-C552-4D58-B00586C0C0909EFA/104/150/269/ART/

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2008, 05:50:17 PM »

That would do NO good unless your Civil Service or something.....there is a little thing in the law called EMPLOYMENT AT WILL and most places hire under that law....

http://www.nolo.com/article.cfm/ObjectID/AAD74992-4C86-44DA-8102A340BCEC520A/catID/D348BE73-C552-4D58-B00586C0C0909EFA/104/150/269/ART/

Is that American law or Canadian? Generally most employers here [Canada and it may just be my own province] gives you a 3 month grace period and after that they are hard pressed to fire you without reason. In fact I know plenty of people who have taken their former employers to court [sucessfully] because they were fired after that 3 month period without any reason whatsoever. A lot of call centres take advantage of this 3 month thing from what I hear.

Offline Brkeatr

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2008, 06:39:40 PM »
American.....Been through it years ago when someone in my family was fired because the new VP of the company didn't like them. Totally unfair and unjustified and we thought we had a good case until the attorney explained to us "Employment at Will". Was nothing we could do....... :(

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2008, 08:34:24 PM »
Sorry to hear, man....

I've been there too.....actually looked at it as a BEGINNING not an END.....an OPPORTUNITY rather than MISFORTUNE.......it's a pain in the ass though.

You've got the right attitude for channeling your ANGER  O0

buuckkweet

« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2008, 09:21:51 PM »
To be honest, I've been down this road a few times, and each time it stinks! :(

I have no intention of taking my former employer to court because it is a waste of valuable time that I can be using trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up. :D

The way I see it, they lost someone who knew the position better than anyone else.  Now a few people will have to grow up and learn the hard way what I was trying to teach them.  I'm no longer there to save the day and do the tough jobs that no one wanted to do. Their loss will be someone else's fortune.^-^

I'm not mad any more.  What is done, is done.  Now I've closed this 51/2 year chapter in my life and preparing for another, more profitable chapter. :)

Employment is funny like that.  With each ending, there is usually a new exciting beginning.....if you play it right! O0
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 09:15:17 AM by buuckkweet »

Offline Brkeatr

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2008, 04:24:13 AM »
Atta boy BW, go get em bro, the world would be great if everyone could have your attitude !!  Good luck.... O0

Offline hammerdrill376

• Get your SLY on
  • Sly Bureau
    • Welcome to our little part on the web
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2008, 05:05:53 AM »
To be honest, I've been down this road a few times, and each time it stinks! :(

I have no intention of taking my former employer to court because it is a waste of valuable time that I can be using trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up. :D

The way I see it, they lost someone who knew the position better than anyone else.  Now a few people will have to grow up and learn the hard way what I was trying to teach them.  I'm no longer there to save the day and do the tough jobs that no one wanted to do. Their loss will be someone else's fortune.^-^

I'm not mad any more.  What is done, is done.  Now I've closed this 51/2 year chapter in my life and preparing for another, more profitable chapter. :)

Employment is funny like that.  With each ending, there usually a new exciting beginning.....if you play it right! O0

March 18th of this year I had a NASSSSTY parting of the ways with a company with whom I worked for over 9 years. I was angry, pissed, etc. but looking back now it was one of the best things that could have happened.
Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place. If victorious we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.

Gen. Robert E. Lee C.S.A