Author Topic: FULL HEAD OF HAIR AND AFRAID TO SHAVE IT OFF!  (Read 11761 times)

Offline hotrn

• Sly Jr.
Re: FULL HEAD OF HAIR AND AFRAID TO SHAVE IT OFF!
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2008, 07:36:15 AM »
ok, got a new problem. i told my family that i may shave my head and they went crazy!!!! they said i would look like a sick cancer patient or something. i am very respectful of my family. so, before i make a bad mistake, what are ya'lls opinions? what should i do???????
There's a bald hearted dude waiting to get out!

Offline jumissa.fi

• Finnish B.B.C.
  • Sly
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2008, 08:15:12 AM »
I´d say SHAVE IT!  O0
Im also BBC with full head of hair..
In the summer regardless what other people (including my fiance) said to me
I just shaved it and haven´t looked back  8)

PS. Got lucky that my fiance liked it after the first shock (u know the AAAAAAARRRGGGHHH!!! What have u done?!?! effect)
So Im good now.. Hopefully you will be to..

Take care,

Niko
--- BBC since July 2oo7 ---

http://www.myspace.com/jumissafi

Offline Brkeatr

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2008, 08:21:49 AM »
ok, got a new problem. i told my family that i may shave my head and they went crazy!!!! they said i would look like a sick cancer patient or something. i am very respectful of my family. so, before i make a bad mistake, what are ya'lls opinions? what should i do???????

Do what some of the other bros advised, take it down to about a #2 or so and see how you feel....most guys do that anyway before they shave for the first time. People will get use to you having shorter hair and then when you do the shave it's not as noticable. But ultimatley the decision is yours and if you want to shave it immediately than just do it.....good luck..... O0

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2008, 05:34:22 PM »
Who's doing this, you or your family? :/O :/O  If someone asks, "Cancer?" Tell them no, then your zodiac sign, if it's not the Crab! ;)  Some of us have had those questions, but we did it, almost 100% who do it keep it.  Try some freedom and if you're young, you may only be BBC for a while, until you become MPB 8) like most males at some point in their lives.  You're here, you want to do it, get it done this weekend.  It will grow back if for some reason you don't like it, and fast so why not?

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2008, 06:57:08 PM »
Never listen to your family when you're considering shaving your head.  Nine times out of ten they'll try to talk you out of it.  They're used to looking at you a certain way and don't like the change.  It's your decision.  Do what you want, not what they want.

If you're worried about looking like a cancer patient, grow some facial hair and/or hit the gym and bulk up your muscles a little.

BALDANDRE

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2008, 07:28:49 PM »
First off...never ever announce that you are going to shave your head...just do it..

and now here's the deal...do YOU think we all look like cancer patients...if YOU think so...

forget shaving your head..period!

Now it YOU like the look and have wanted to do it..

go for it..it's a style bro..

the "cancer patient" thing is really a lame way of thinking THESE days..for intelligent people

no offense to your loved ones...but a lot of folks are totally bald these days...

and your family is smart enough to know they all don't have cancer.

Go for it if you want it.

Offline hotrn

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2008, 07:43:57 PM »
no, i don't think any of you look like cancer patients!!! i know what they look like--- i'm a nurse for pete's sake--- but i'm the type that i want 75 opinions , then want 100 more tomake sure. believe me , i'm a conifident nurse, but not a confident person!!!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2008, 07:45:45 PM »
no, i don't think any of you look like cancer patients!!! i know what they look like--- i'm a nurse for pete's sake--- but i'm the type that i want 75 opinions , then want 100 more tomake sure. believe me , i'm a conifident nurse, but not a confident person!!!

I learned from experience that soliciting too many opinions will only muddy the waters more, not clarify them.  You want to do this, otherwise you wouldn't be here. It doesn't really matter what anybody else thinks.  Shave your head and stick with it for 30 days.  If you don't like it after that, you'll be surprised at how quickly it grows back.

Offline hotrn

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2008, 07:57:31 PM »
ok, you're right!!! tell ya what tell me what to do with what i have here at home and i'll try to have the balls to do it be fore i go back to work at 1030pm tomorrow! i have a whal clipper, a mach 3, gillette fusion aftershave gel, a shave brush w/ soap and babarsol shave cream. then i have spf 45 sun block and alcohol.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2008, 08:00:43 PM »
ok, you're right!!! tell ya what tell me what to do with what i have here at home and i'll try to have the balls to do it be fore i go back to work at 1030pm tomorrow! i have a whal clipper, a mach 3, gillette fusion aftershave gel, a shave brush w/ soap and babarsol shave cream. then i have spf 45 sun block and alcohol.

You've go the tools, just check up on the forum in routines and how to shave your head, and you're less than 30 minutes from a great new look.  Get to it. O0

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2008, 08:05:03 PM »

Take the guard off the Wahl clippers and buzz off all your hair as short as you can get it.  Then take a nice long, hot shower and get your scalp good and wet.  Then lather up with the Fusion gel (you did mean Fusion shaving gel, not aftershave gel, right?)  Don't use the Barbasol -- it doesn't work nearly as well as a gel.   Then take the Mach III and start shaving.  Go slowly and be careful.  It will be time consuming the first time you do it but you'll get faster at it with practice.  Rinse your head with cold water once you've removed all the stubble, and enjoy your new bald head.   Post some before and after photos if you can.   O0

buuckkweet

« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2008, 08:08:31 PM »
Remember, it's better to ask for forgiveness, than permission in some cases. 

GO FOR IT BRO!!! O0

Offline nomad

• Sly Beach Bum!!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Conch Republic Bikinis
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2008, 08:10:18 PM »
brother do what Razor said and just go for it, you know you want to  O0 8)

He's also right about asking people, it mucks things up, your here asking, which means you want it so just do it  O0 8)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2008, 08:11:44 PM »
Remember, it's better to ask for forgiveness, than permission in some cases. 

GO FOR IT BRO!!! O0

No need to ask forgiveness -- unless it's a wife or girlfriend.  Then asking forgiveness might be a good diplomatic move.  But otherwise, it really isn't anybody's business.  You don't need their forgiveness or their permission.  Do they consult you before getting their hair cut?   ;)

Offline hotrn

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2008, 08:28:00 PM »
i don't have any kind of shave gel. all i have is aftershave gel and several bottles of that. will that do good? i go get some but where i live the nearest shopping is 18 miles off.