Author Topic: If your head looks like this ....  (Read 20332 times)

Offline PowerOfCheese

• Super Sly
  • Sly and be free
Re: If your head looks like this ....
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2008, 09:22:21 AM »
Nice! I'm not a "little sign" person... Maybe a BIG sign or T-shirt...

Do you have any more poster board left over from the sarcasm rally?

---- The greater the artist, the greater the doubt. Perfect confidence is given to the less talented as a consolation prize. - Robert Hughes

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2008, 09:36:10 AM »
Interesting that hairisforgirls has only posted 6 posts, and three of them are about not needing to shave if your bald!! ;D

But I though hairwasforgirls?! :D

Offline Papa Don

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2008, 10:00:04 AM »
We all seem to be comfortabe and confident with our baldness.  As the others have said, this site is about the confidence we have in spite of being bald.  I agree that if this man likes his looks, so be it.  I also think that if he shaved, he would greatly help his appearance.  The candor and joking we do with each other is GREAT! and should not be taken to heart.  We all have said hurtful things in jest.  I know I have.  Personally, if I joke and kid around with someone, it is because I like you. Those around me understand this quirk in my personality.
I am no better that anyone else, but by God, no one is better than I am

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2008, 10:43:31 AM »
Same here: if I'm a bit sarcastic and slightly 'rude' to people then they know I really like them!! :D

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2008, 11:10:10 AM »
Sometimes I read posts on this forum and I think the website should be called ShavedBaldGuys, not SlyBaldGuys. Surely being sly is about your attitude and not your appearance? For example, the man in the picture may be very happy with his life and not self-conscious about his hair loss at all. I don't understand why he should completely shave his head to prove his slyness. It's not like he's sporting a combover to hide his baldness. If he's happy with who he is and the way he looks why should he change? He has no need to. Lots of men choose not to shave their heads and they lead happy, fulfilling lives. What's inside your head is more important than what's on it.

Agreed, big time.     O0

I've said it before and I'll say it again, whether or not your shaved to the skin, or buzzed down to a 1, 2 or whatever, you are considered bald!, especially when you have the typical mpb characteristics.

I think if a fellow is comfortable and confident within himself, than that's all that matters.
If you think I'm kidding, then just check out Jason Statham. Enough said.

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2008, 02:56:49 PM »
I agree, the most important thing is to feel comfortable in your own skin, whatever form that might take, and whatever hairstyle/preferance you might choose.   8)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2008, 07:20:38 PM »
Hairisforgirls.....who you fighting for?? 

Bald men, not just shaved bald men.

I don't think we need to be lectured by someone who's only made 6 posts to this site.

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2008, 07:05:54 AM »

I don't think we need to be lectured by someone who's only made 6 posts to this site.

EXACTLY O0

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2008, 07:10:09 AM »

Maybe i just have my definitions wrong.  To me a person who has Hair....is not Bald.  They may be "BALDING"  but they arent bald.   I do not consider myself bald, although we are refered to as being bald.  To me a person is Bald when he no longer has the need to shave it off.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2008, 07:17:26 AM »
I think TimmJ is right, but I might add that a person can be bald, w/o hair and still not be profoundly bald, that is no hair whatsoever, no wisps, no thin areas--just a fringe that remains.  So I would say a person can (i) have hair w/o any evidence or MPB receding hairline or thinning, (ii) be balding, thinning and or receding hair line and "hole" in the back, (iii) bald, w/ some evidence of hair on the top and (iv) profoundly bald, clean as a whistle on top and just the fringe.  Of course we could also follow the Norwood Charts.  Any thing over a V is bald, and I to IV is balding. 

Offline time2shine

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2008, 08:22:57 AM »

Maybe i just have my definitions wrong.  To me a person who has Hair....is not Bald.  They may be "BALDING"  but they arent bald.   I do not consider myself bald, although we are refered to as being bald.  To me a person is Bald when he no longer has the need to shave it off.

I see what you're saying, but even with some hair to shave off, I consider myself bald and am fine with people referring to me as bald.  The word bald seems to have a negative connotation.  Let's change that!  O0

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2008, 10:47:29 AM »

I third that.

Enter your email address: