Author Topic: Dressing as a sly guy...  (Read 24291 times)

BaldRob

Re: Dressing as a sly guy...
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2007, 05:31:38 PM »
I you are looking for a less formal but swanky style. I reccomend getting a nice short-sleved button shirt. Solid colors only. No Hawaiian prints unless you are going to a bar, tiki party or on a boat. Save the Hawaiian prints for the cruises, casual events or Rob's house.

Also, remember that since we have shaved heads, you want to stay away from very light colors. It makes our faces looked washed out. A medium or dark color will bring out our best features.

Don't forget matching shoes. A guy should own thee pair: A black, a brown and sneakers.

You don't have to go expensive either to look nice. Macy's has some good deals on the Wednesday sales.

Noner

The only place I'll differ from you on this Noner, is on shirt color... everyone has different skin tones, darker tones will look better in lighter colors, lighter tones will look better in darker colors.  Except for black because everyone looks good in black (unless you're bottom-of-the-ocean-fish-belly-white).  The best way to get your right color shirt is to ask the hot sales girl at Macy's (or department store of choice) what looks good!  Not only will you be dressed sly, you might get a date out of it to!   O0

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2007, 06:05:17 PM »
I you are looking for a less formal but swanky style. I reccomend getting a nice short-sleved button shirt. Solid colors only. No Hawaiian prints unless you are going to a bar, tiki party or on a boat. Save the Hawaiian prints for the cruises, casual events or Rob's house.

Also, remember that since we have shaved heads, you want to stay away from very light colors. It makes our faces looked washed out. A medium or dark color will bring out our best features.

Don't forget matching shoes. A guy should own thee pair: A black, a brown and sneakers.

You don't have to go expensive either to look nice. Macy's has some good deals on the Wednesday sales.

Noner

The only place I'll differ from you on this Noner, is on shirt color... everyone has different skin tones, darker tones will look better in lighter colors, lighter tones will look better in darker colors.  Except for black because everyone looks good in black (unless you're bottom-of-the-ocean-fish-belly-white).  The best way to get your right color shirt is to ask the hot sales girl at Macy's (or department store of choice) what looks good!  Not only will you be dressed sly, you might get a date out of it to!   O0

Great advice Noner and Rob both. Like I said before, I never worried about this stuff because I didn't have to. I'll be investing in nice dress shoes too.

I think I may skip asking the hot sales lady though....wife will probly be there too
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2007, 06:07:24 PM »
did taking pictures standing in front of my car get you any dates?  :*))  that is a nice ride.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline dieseldan04

• Dieseldan04
  • Sly
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2007, 05:44:09 PM »
I too think that being sly really accentuates what you are wearing.  I have noticed that my business attire for work stands out even more now and dark colors seem to look really good.
Dieseldan04

Shine On Fellow Chrome Domers!

Slickdome

« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2007, 10:17:07 PM »
I agree that the dome mixes well with a nice suit, but I also like to show off my bald pride in other ways.....

I've gotta get one of those sweet Sly Guy shirts, too!

JJ

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2007, 10:32:19 PM »
I've gotta get one of those sweet Sly Guy shirts, too!

JJ

W0* (**!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Kajun

• T-Sly Boudreaux
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2007, 11:55:13 PM »
my sly guy t-shirt came in today...all i got to say is...itss Slyyyy !! 8)

went over to some friends house today to show them the new doo.....endless wisecracks  :x! but i got one guy back...i said yea..now that i'm shaved i'm gonna need to buy some new clothes..and what i really needed was like a "queer eye for the bald guy" clothes shopping trip...i then asked him if he would come shoppin with me  :*))
VIVA LA SLY REVOLUCION!!!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2007, 11:57:01 PM »
my sly guy t-shirt came in today...all i got to say is...itss Slyyyy !! 8)

Sweet!! Thanks for the support!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline MR. CLEAN

• All the Ladies wanta Know me, All the Fellas' wanta be me... 'Cause I'm Money
  • Super Sly
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2007, 04:17:53 PM »

Noner

Little piece of advice to those with Latin color:  YOU CAN NOT GO WRONG.  I have not run into one color that gives me Problems.  Now, BALD ROB has got it right though, YOU CAN NOT GO WRONG WITH THE BLACK SHIRT! But since there is not a way to go wrong, (1) its all about how you wear it.  If your looking for the Casual after hours look, role up the sleaves, and unbutton the shirt 3-4 buttons [your discression].  If you are doing the Business casual thing: 2 BUTTONS ONLY (It does not pay to go Maverick here  :x!)
(2) Remember, Loose Pants go with a shirt thats well fitting, and vice versa; Shorts: Longer Shorts, Longer Shirt and Vice Versa.  Dark Pants go with Brighter Shirts, and again Vice Versa. 

My Money color is Brown.  But Black is worn by closers [AND I DRINK COFFEE](Reference to Glengarry GlenRoss, if you are a Baldwin fan I recommend it) so if you want to "close the deal", you can not go wrong there, But that is the only reason that you should bring out that big of a Gun, otherwise you look overdressed. I recommend having a Money color, one of those colors that it does not matter how you wear it, you can not go wrong. 

Just remember, (3) Get the Head Straight, and your aces from there.  The rest will fall into place.  Darker skin tone, try a Matte finish.  Again, it all depends on your preference.  I role with the Matte Finish myself.
(4) Role with Confidence always: When your Gear is right, and Your Head it Tight, Confidence will ensure that you will get nothing but looks that Kill from the Ladies who are Drop Dead Gorgeous  b@n*  Close the Deal, Steal the Ladies' Hearts, Become an AllStar Player  8).  Good Hunting; Good Times, Great Oldies

« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 05:33:59 PM by MR. CLEAN »
Peace

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2007, 04:29:29 PM »
I agree on the money color.  I get a lot of compliments when I wear blue.  People say it compliments my skin tone and eyes (which are brown).  My wife laughs because everytime I buy a dress shirt it has blue in it, unless I'm buying your standard white shirt.

Black always looks good, but it's good to mix it up with color once and a while.

Offline MR. CLEAN

• All the Ladies wanta Know me, All the Fellas' wanta be me... 'Cause I'm Money
  • Super Sly
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2007, 05:43:19 PM »
Right on Tyler.  But my technique is that I RARELY will bring out the Black, not unless I know I need to come out swinging for the fences.  I pretty much go with that Money Color more than often.  Its great to mix it up though.  Remember, its only money if YOU ROCK IT!  Rock it to often, and it just gets old.  I do not rock with the White Shirt much though, tell you the truth, if you are a man of color, it doesn't really work unless its textured. 

I too think that being sly really accentuates what you are wearing.  I have noticed that my business attire for work stands out even more now and dark colors seem to look really good.
Here, I would have to say, its the Man that makes the Fashion.  If your Confident, IF YOUR A TRUE SLY BALD GUY, anything is going to look Great, as long as your Head is right.  Its hard not to be a fan of the CLEAN look (Pun Intended).  Find your Finish, and you can Bank on always looking solid. 
Peace

BaldRob

« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2007, 07:48:45 PM »
HA!!  I like the "money" color... I guess mine would be light blue.

Offline MC HammerHead

• "..I shouldn't have to tell you who I am...because who I am should be speaking for itself.."
  • Sly
  • Future's So Bright, Got To Wear Shades..and SPF 45
    • Downhillbillies
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2007, 09:13:48 PM »
For me, I try to bring the style based on the situation:  If I  am seeing an important client in my recruiting business its a well tailored suit, Italian only, french cuff shirt with cufflinks (I collect them), great tie, etc.

Casual dress for me is skater clothes...duh. (Only sponsors stuff or race tee shirts....)  I never wear anything that has a product on it that I don't use.  Period.

Daily work I don't see my clients so its almost always jeans with a nice dress shirt, untucked, cool shoes, etc.

Workout and the gym: From Soccer coaching days have a lot of Addidas stuff left over..and UnderArmour...

MC HammerHead
Downhillbillies Skateboarding Organization
Woody's Halfpipe Board Shop Team
Pavel Skates Flow Team
Axe Army
Headblade Street Team
www.myspace.com/mchammerhead

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2007, 03:00:13 AM »
HA!!  I like the "money" color... I guess mine would be light blue.

That doesn't suprise me... :*))

Offline Professor Melon

• Professor Melon
  • Super Sly
  • Professor Melon
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2007, 05:25:15 AM »
 ;D Great sophisticated pic, Dr. Noner, and great advice from Noner, Bald Rob, and Slickdome. Had some success with black turtleneck-cum-camel"s hair coat on the weekend. Black+dome=classic, but I think my 'power' color is burgundy. Silver, or stainless steel rings, rather than yellow gold. Shades, of course. Got a stainless cross with a diamond chip for Christmas, but haven't tried it yet. Wife  berates me if I'm freshly shaved and shiny but wearing my scruffy duds from before going sly--even if I'm only shoveling snow or accompanying her on a shopping expedition. Any advice about head-wraps? Professor Melon
Embrace the bald truth