Author Topic: Dressing as a sly guy...  (Read 24292 times)

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
Re: Dressing as a sly guy...
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2007, 08:36:01 AM »
While a full dress suit is not required where I work, I do have to buy some nice shirts and ties in the very near future. It's a first for me, usually I just get by with some rented khaki pants and nice blue button-up with the Acura logo on it.

This is gonna be difficult for me, but they say we need to project the professional luxury image to our customers.

yea

Acura's ROCK!!....had an '89 Legend....then a '95 Legend....

they just keep goin'... and goin' .... and goin'

but that's not my point...

If you were my "guy" at Acura, Pig....you'd be a service and professionalism MAGNET, mister!  O0
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 09:00:45 AM by Robmeister »

Offline David

• the v-train is coming through
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2007, 09:24:45 AM »
While a full dress suit is not required where I work, I do have to buy some nice shirts and ties in the very near future. It's a first for me, usually I just get by with some rented khaki pants and nice blue button-up with the Acura logo on it.

This is gonna be difficult for me, but they say we need to project the professional luxury image to our customers.

yea

Acura's ROCK!!....had an '89 Legend....then a '95 Legend....

they just keep goin'... and goin' .... and goin'

but that's not my point...

If you were my "guy" at Acura, Pig....you'd be a service and professionalism MAGNET, mister!  O0

Um two thoughts

1) Are you saying acura's are like the energizer bunny?

2)  that last line is very disturbing
bald for life

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2007, 09:33:24 AM »

In a sense, you got it.....you can squeeze a BUNCH of quality miles outa those babies!!

Reading too much into it with your disturbed shiny noggin ;)

Offline David

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2007, 09:37:51 AM »

In a sense, you got it.....you can squeeze a BUNCH of quality miles outa those babies!!

Reading too much into it with your disturbed shiny noggin ;)

Um, no, it was the way you wrote it and the smiley face afterwards.   At least we all know how you feel about him now.    :@`
bald for life

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2007, 09:58:40 AM »
That's ok, Rob and I are "good buddys" lol  :*))

In response to that Rob, I have quite a few customers who come back to me for that exact reason. They like the service they receive, and many of them make the comment on their surveys that if I were not here, they wouldn't bring their car in....lol (my own shameless plug) My anniversary at the dealership is this May, and it will be my 3rd. Since I have been here, we have gone through one manager, two service advisors and three warranty clerks. Many customers have said that they like to see a familiar face when they walk in considering all the changes we have seen in the past year and a half.

To answer your question about the car David, yes great cars. Many of our customers have been doing business here and owned at least one Acura since 1986 when they first came out. Our parent company is Honda, so the quality is certainly there. If I had the money, I'd be all over one.....like a......well you know.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline David

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2007, 10:05:04 AM »

In response to that Rob, I have quite a few customers who come back to me for that exact reason. They like the service they receive, and many of them make the comment on their surveys that if I were not here, they wouldn't bring their car in....lol (my own shameless plug) My anniversary at the dealership is this May, and it will be my 3rd. Since I have been here, we have gone through one manager, two service advisors and three warranty clerks. Many customers have said that they like to see a familiar face when they walk in considering all the changes we have seen in the past year and a half.

To answer your question about the car David, yes great cars. Many of our customers have been doing business here and owned at least one Acura since 1986 when they first came out. Our parent company is Honda, so the quality is certainly there. If I had the money, I'd be all over one.....like a......well you know.

aren't acura's the luxury edition of the honda line?
bald for life

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2007, 10:06:30 AM »

aren't acura's the luxury edition of the honda line?

Si Senor...

Same as the Lexus is the luxury edition of the Toyota line...

Offline juventus206

• Sly Jr.
  • I'm far to good looking to have hair.
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2007, 10:23:24 AM »
I was recently dressed in a black suit aa work for a special event and received all kinds of compliments on it.  One of my supervisors actually said that he thought I was going to look goofy in a suit with a shaved dome but that I managed t pull it off.  Rather well I might add since his girlfriend spent more time giving me attention than hi ;D

P.S.  I Love my Lexus, those go on forever as well.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2007, 10:34:01 AM »
...his girlfriend spent more time giving me attention than hi ;D

;D :*)) ;D :*))

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2007, 11:17:20 AM »
Like Infiniti is supposed to be the Nissan "luxury line" I don't like to bad mouth other dealers or lines all that much, but after dealing with the Infiniti dealer down the street I'm not all that convinced. Other places I'm sure it's great, but these guys have left a bad taste in the mouth of more than one customer or dealership in this town.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2007, 11:39:07 AM »

I don't like to bad mouth other dealers...but these guys have left a bad taste in the mouth of more than one customer or dealership in this town.

:x! k$@ W#p
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 03:43:54 PM by Robmeister »

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2007, 01:03:28 PM »
Pig, do you have a Nordstrom or Brooks Brothers in your area?  Before you start thinking $$$$ hear me out.

Nordstrom and Brooks Brothers have two of the best Non-Iron shirts ever!  Just don't buy your ties there unless you want to spend a grip.

Anyways, the Nordstrom line is called SmartCare and cost around $60.  Brooks Brothers is called Non-Iron and cost $75.  Yes, those prices are per shirt.  Though, if you can find a Nordstrom Rack or a Brooks Brothers outlet, you should be able to get them for about half that price.  These shirts are truly Non-Iron.  Meaning, you pull them out of the dryer, hang them, and then wear them.

I know these are expensive, but the quality is phenominal and will last you through 3 or 4 "non-iron/wrinkle free" shirts you'll buy at Ross for $20.  Trust me, I've already tried that route.

Also, if you have a Nordstrom Rack in your area, you can usually buy their SmartCare khakis for about $25 a pair and you don't have to iron them at all.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2007, 01:25:20 PM »
Thanks Tyler, I'll check it out, because I'm honestly not sure what we have around besides Wal-Mart and Sears...lol

My kinda shirts though, wash 'n' wear baby!

Offline Noner

• I don't go shopping for hats. Hats go shopping for me.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Not a real doctor but would like to play one on TV
    • Nonerville
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2007, 04:18:22 PM »
I you are looking for a less formal but swanky style. I reccomend getting a nice short-sleved button shirt. Solid colors only. No Hawaiian prints unless you are going to a bar, tiki party or on a boat. Save the Hawaiian prints for the cruises, casual events or Rob's house.

Also, remember that since we have shaved heads, you want to stay away from very light colors. It makes our faces looked washed out. A medium or dark color will bring out our best features.

Don't forget matching shoes. A guy should own thee pair: A black, a brown and sneakers.

You don't have to go expensive either to look nice. Macy's has some good deals on the Wednesday sales.

Noner

« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 04:20:01 PM by Noner »

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2007, 04:41:26 PM »
I have a 97 Acura 3.0 CL and love it. It still runs like a champ. I keep it in as best of condition as I can. I just can't justify replacing it. Still runs great, goes as fast as I need (v-6, never going back to 4 cyl. EVER), and love seeing $0 next "car payment" on the monthly Schro family budget.

As far as fashion goes, I don't think me going SLY is really going to change my wardrobe all that much. Although Hawaiian shirts are truly suited (pun intended) for certain occasions, that is just a look that I like and will probably stay with. I will admit, I do shave my face a bit more frequently than I used to since I have gone SLY. It seems wierd to have a shaved dome and not take care of the face at the same time.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Enter your email address: