Author Topic: Dressing as a sly guy...  (Read 24286 times)

ChadinSO

Dressing as a sly guy...
« on: January 28, 2007, 10:15:30 PM »

I think being bald magnifies what you're wearing.

Examples:

In a suit, a sly guy looks really extra sharp.  Like what is this bald guy doing so sharp? 

In some scrubby clothes.  Might make you look MORE like a scrub than otherwise.

In "normal" clothes, gym wear, casual wear, ect....you still stand out more than the other guy.

Here in LA if I wear a Dodgers shirt, I might look like a lot of other guys out here trying to sport that gangsta look or whatever it is they do.

Any thoughts?   

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Dressing as a sly guy...
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 10:47:34 PM »
I think being bald can accentuate certain looks because of the way you see most bald men on television.

Like you said with the Dodgers jersey (go Dodgers!!) because you often see gang members (Crips) wearing this in movies you can be seen as one if you're wearing one, especially with baggy pants.

I also think suits make you look really sharp, as well as most shirts with a collar.

If you have an athletic build, gym gear will get people thinking you're an athlete of some sort.

And, a Sly Bald Guys shirt will get you plenty of attention... 8)
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline David

• the v-train is coming through
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2007, 10:50:35 PM »
I think being bald can accentuate certain looks because of the way you see most bald men on television.

Like you said with the Dodgers jersey (go Dodgers!!) because you often see gang members (Crips) wearing this in movies you can be seen as one if you're wearing one, especially with baggy pants.

I also think suits make you look really sharp, as well as most shirts with a collar.

If you have an athletic build, gym gear will get people thinking you're an athlete of some sort.

And, a Sly Bald Guys shirt will get you plenty of attention... 8)

In my experience I feel that it definitely accentuates the nice button down dress shirt/jeans or slacks look.

It also looks good in muscle/gym style clothing.    It sort of akwardly stands out with overly baggy/blah clothes.
bald for life

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2007, 11:47:53 PM »

I think being bald magnifies what you're wearing.

Examples:

In a suit, a sly guy looks really extra sharp.  Like what is this bald guy doing so sharp? 

In some scrubby clothes.  Might make you look MORE like a scrub than otherwise.

In "normal" clothes, gym wear, casual wear, ect....you still stand out more than the other guy.

Here in LA if I wear a Dodgers shirt, I might look like a lot of other guys out here trying to sport that gangsta look or whatever it is they do.

Any thoughts?   

Yep...good observations, Chadmeister....I've had the same thoughts, man

I gotta tell ya...I HATE that L.A. gangsta shaved head look...I drove a truck for a lotta years in L.A. and was a cabby there too .....and had run ins with those little pieces a @#$%&!

Most of them are little freakin punks that don't weigh more than a buck fifty soakin' wet...

I used to grumble to myself.....$d^vC

"put down yer 9mm and switchblade and let's go mano a mano, ya little....."  kn*%

Ok, I feel better....BACK TO TOPIC
« Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 11:52:47 PM by Robmeister »

ChadinSO

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2007, 11:55:06 PM »

When I first moved to LA I could not figure out some of the Laker crowd.  I went to a Burbank sports bar and each time the Lakers even scored a simple point the whole shaved head gangster group would stand up and start yelling, "whooo whoooop, that's my boy" and all this nonsense.   

I was sitting there thinking to myself, pretend a basket is what you SHOULD make, not a reason to celebrate each time.

Chad

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2007, 05:50:03 AM »

When I first moved to LA I could not figure out some of the Laker crowd.  I went to a Burbank sports bar and each time the Lakers even scored a simple point the whole shaved head gangster group would stand up and start yelling, "whooo whoooop, that's my boy" and all this nonsense.  

I was sitting there thinking to myself, pretend a basket is what you SHOULD make, not a reason to celebrate each time.

Chad

that is funny. iwas telling a friend something like that a couple of days ago. ;D

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Christian

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2007, 02:31:35 PM »
I think that wearing a suit looks really sharp and good for a bald man.
For my job I have to wear suit or pants and a collar shirt.

In my free time I prefer jeans or leather trousers ... but I have to say that a shaved head and leather trousers kind of look a little tough ... let's see end of the week when I am bald again. ;)

spaceape48

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2007, 06:18:24 PM »
Black looks much better on me I've found. I used to wear mostly baggy pants and skater t's, but with a shaved dome I've been liking the way athletic clothing looks on me. Once every three years I don a suit, but I think it will def look sly.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2007, 06:28:18 PM »
Black looks much better on me I've found. I used to wear mostly baggy pants and skater t's, but with a shaved dome I've been liking the way athletic clothing looks on me. Once every three years I don a suit, but I think it will def look sly.

Yeah, I like dark colors also.  I've been wearing a lot of dark polos lately for work.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

spaceape48

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2007, 06:33:22 PM »
My work uniform def looks better- there's just something about a cape and a bald head.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2007, 06:36:37 PM »
My work uniform def looks better- there's just something about a cape and a bald head.

;D   fF##

Offline Medic aka Rocko

• Super Sly
  • Yikes
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2007, 07:43:57 PM »
I'd agree that a suit looks great with the bald melon.  Too bad I don't own a suit, I don't even own ANY dress clothes.  All work uniforms, athletic or casual.  I would like to get a suit, just don't have anyplace to go in a suit.

I have shopped around some second hand stores, found some that looked great, just didn't fit.  If I ever get a suit, I'm just going to walk around town with it on.  It'll make people wonder.  Maybe cruise through the courthouse a few times. 8)

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2007, 08:17:57 PM »
If I ever get a suit, I'm just going to walk around town with it on.  It'll make people wonder.  Maybe cruise through the courthouse a few times. 8)

There ya go....And you'd be a presence to behold....!

A good one, of course.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 08:30:38 PM by Robmeister »

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2007, 08:27:35 PM »
Glad to hear all the thumbs up on baldness and suits.

I give dinner seminars and work with clients on financial planning and the "normal/usual" look is very "banker"....

I have a bit of a hiatus right now as I set up my new office...so I haven't had to work bald in front of clients/prospective clients yet.

It will be a trip...the first time to stand up there in front of the crowd in my suit sportin' the chrome.

So I'm glad to hear from several of ya that the bald look suits the business look well. 

Thanks, mates
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 08:32:05 PM by Robmeister »

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2007, 08:30:38 AM »
While a full dress suit is not required where I work, I do have to buy some nice shirts and ties in the very near future. It's a first for me, usually I just get by with some rented khaki pants and nice blue button-up with the Acura logo on it.

This is gonna be difficult for me, but they say we need to project the professional luxury image to our customers.

yea
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Enter your email address: