Author Topic: Razor Cuts  (Read 11149 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Razor Cuts
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2008, 09:55:38 PM »
This is the reason that I use the Sensor blades.  They have a different angle than the Atras so they aren't as prone to cutting you.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2008, 04:59:04 PM »
I decided to try the Personna double today, which is a generic copy of the Atra. Man, what a great shave I got.

That makes 2 of us.  I've been using the Personna blades for a long time and it has to be the cheapest possible blade shave, unless you use disposable BICs (no thanks).
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline hammerdrill376

• Get your SLY on
  • Sly Bureau
    • Welcome to our little part on the web
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2008, 04:07:46 AM »
Do the Sensor blades fit the HeadBlade?
Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place. If victorious we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.

Gen. Robert E. Lee C.S.A

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2008, 10:16:33 AM »
Do the Sensor blades fit the HeadBlade?

Yes, hammer. You have to use the black adapter for any Sensor cartridge.
Remember to make sure it's facing the right way.

Offline abdominator3

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2008, 12:03:48 PM »
Dang... why the hell they have have to make the fusion blades so fkin expensive I think its the best razor on the planet at the moment... I use the M3 turbo though happy with it .... dunno why the Hb always cuts me... I kno how u feel bru ironhorse  >:( lol...
anyways I love the feel of a stick razor... Old school baby!

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2008, 04:39:31 PM »

just for your consideration ..    I have NEVER had a single cut using the Gillette Fusion;  while I hear of so many guys getting cut with the headblade.   I know many guys swear by the HeadBlade; but again, from what I've heard, I'm avoiding the headblade; and sticking to the Fusion.

John

Same story here John.

It's the same story here, more than a year w/o a cut. :) :) :) 8) 8) 8) Smooth, Sly and Safe to boot.  Gotta love Fusion.

Offline Brkeatr

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2008, 05:32:52 PM »

just for your consideration ..    I have NEVER had a single cut using the Gillette Fusion;  while I hear of so many guys getting cut with the headblade.   I know many guys swear by the HeadBlade; but again, from what I've heard, I'm avoiding the headblade; and sticking to the Fusion.

John

I'll second all those statements....lol.... O0

Same story here John.

It's the same story here, more than a year w/o a cut. :) :) :) 8) 8) 8) Smooth, Sly and Safe to boot.  Gotta love Fusion.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 05:35:05 PM by Brkeatr »

Offline phuzzphree

• To each his own.
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2008, 04:45:54 AM »
I don't remember the last time that I cut myself, but I usually just put a small amount of toilet paper on the cut for a while. Just don't forget to take it off before you leave the house.   (been there done that) ;D

It's the Fusion for me too.  Any non-Gillette product that I've tried has given me trouble, so I just stick w/ Gillette products.

As for the HB, I looked at it and just thought to myself that it looked like a Hot Wheel with a razor blade attached.  'course by then I had been shaving for quite a while and didn't see the need to change my routine.
(BaldGuyz gel + Gillette Fusion) - hair = a beautiful thing!

Offline Tor

• Ride the World!
  • Sly
  • Bald Rider
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2008, 07:03:00 AM »
Started using my HeadBlade last week and love it. Today I changed my blade to Gillette Atra doubles..OUCHHHHHHHHHHHH. One spot on my head looked like I had been in a WWE wrestling match. I tried not to apply alot of pressure but had a hell of a time getting that one cut to stop bleeding. Other than cold such as water or ice and pressure any of you have other methods to stop bleeding if it occurs?? Also any other suggestions about the atra double blades for the HeadBlade?

I use the Atra blades too on my headblade, but have never cut myself with them. I am really careful though not to apply any pressure on it.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But in practice, there is.

Enter your email address: