Author Topic: Approaching Women in...Class  (Read 2311 times)

Offline cory_rudy98

• Sly Jr.
Approaching Women in...Class
« on: October 18, 2008, 02:02:23 AM »
Alright...I know the general consensus is to just approach women and be confident.  That all makes sense, but sometimes it isn't that easy.

I'm in college and, being an English Education major, there are plenty of women in my class.  I usually have no problem talking to them in class...like normal, joking around, where everyone else in class can hear what I am saying type of stuff.  However, there is one girl that I am kind of interested in and I would like to ask her out. 

For one, I don't sit next to her in class (and being as the quarter is half over, it would be incredibly weird to just sit next to her now all of a sudden when our seats are basically the same every class as it is).  Secondly, I have never talked to her one-on-one.  Thirdly, I cannot ask a girl out in class when everyone else is there too (and since we have small classes, they can hear everything).  I have thought about trying to talk to her before class, but the class is at least half-full before she shows up and people would eavesdrop if I wanted to ask her out.  I could talk to her after class, but she typically hangs out with a friend from the class, and approaching one woman is hard enough (let alone two). 

I have added her to facebook and we shared a message, but I am unsure about to go from here. 

I am afraid of getting rejected, obviously, but I think I could risk it if I just knew it would be her that would know.  If I asked her out in class, the whole class would know the rejection (since we have the smaller class). 

What is there to do?  Trivial question, probably, but it's confusing for me. 

Offline THier

• Super Sly
  • Sorry for bad camera phone pic,,
Re: Approaching Women in...Class
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 04:08:14 AM »
Going back some 20+ years ago,, I think of the time I was too chicken s__t to ask a girl that I knew casually, finally I got the guts up to ask her to go to McDs  she said yes, she questioned why It took so long, I told her,, I asked why she didn't make it more clear she wanted me to ask her out,,, she was afraid I would turn her down. I am no top of the line model,, but it goes to show,, you never know.

Moral,,

Go for it dammit before it's too late.

Oh in the long run it didn't work out,, but we dated for quite a while.

Tom

Offline jrob

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 07:57:58 PM »
You can always be more subtle and ask her if you could study or work together on something. This will more likely result in a yes and give her a chance to know her better and easier to ask out in the future. You could ask her friend to come along too, if she is seems not eager to go. If you are really sly, you can make a joke while you are studying etc, you need to find a girlfriend like her. Her reaction will tell you what you need to know. Good luck.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2008, 10:44:33 AM »
Having a girl in your class makes it easy to ask her out.  Right now, just make a point to strike up small conversations with her.  The more you end up talking to her in class, right before class, or right after class, the easier it will be to talk to her after each conversation.  With these conversations, you should find a natural point to ask her out, where it won't feel as awkward.  Like just asking her to coffee after class.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.