Author Topic: Laser hair removal on your scalp  (Read 611086 times)

marty22

Re: Laser hair removal on your scalp
« Reply #225 on: November 21, 2009, 01:41:21 PM »
figure the soreness to go down in 5-7 days; discoloration another 2-3 days and final results between 14-21 days.  Whn youre hair stops growing in certain areas, you'll know the results are there.

Offline petree dish

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #226 on: November 22, 2009, 03:18:55 PM »
yea. my head isnt too sore right now Marty. There are a few little spots where it feels sore but overall it isnt bad at all.

B
Watch the stars turn into nothing

marty22

« Reply #227 on: November 22, 2009, 04:38:39 PM »
Im a little surprised. I expected for u to have 5-7 days of soreness.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 04:40:50 PM by marty22 »

Offline petree dish

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #228 on: November 22, 2009, 08:08:39 PM »
The places where they used the old laser I can feel a bit more sore. I have a headache. Not sure if it's from the procedure cuz I'm feeling a bit under the weather. I think I'll like the results like you. My head looks great shaved and I love rockin it. It's distinctive.

Offline petree dish

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #229 on: November 23, 2009, 09:08:17 AM »
Well I used a norelco this morning the shave my head down. No extreme pain, a little soreness, i had 2 days since I last shaved it and it seems like it is growing slower. Now that may be because the laser zapped the hair but compared to 2 days normal growth it felt shorter and softer.. And it seems like my hairlines on my temples are less visable. This is all impressional right now. I'll give a clearer and more detailed update when I can.

marty22

« Reply #230 on: November 23, 2009, 11:00:16 AM »
let it grow for 5 days and then shave. take it easy there.

Offline petree dish

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #231 on: November 23, 2009, 11:57:36 PM »
k ill slow it downz :P

Offline petree dish

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #232 on: November 24, 2009, 09:47:53 AM »
Hey how long did they tell you guys to keep your head away from the sun for?

marty22

« Reply #233 on: November 24, 2009, 11:02:00 AM »
4 weeks and watch it!

Offline Ming the Merciless

• Super Sly
  • No More "Mr. Nice Guy"
« Reply #234 on: November 24, 2009, 02:16:58 PM »
Interesting.  I pass a sign at an emporium, "Laser Hair Removal: Half Off."  Well, of course, this prompts a certain amusement, visualizing hirsuteness only half-vanquished.

From what I read here, it's clearly too late for Ming.  My hair (only relatively minor MPB) is mostly(!) "gray," which means, of course, that a hair is either white (90+% of them) or still pumping out the melanin (<10% of them).  The plus, here, of course, is "no [real] problem with "shadow;" the minus is, of course, the need to shave the full dome on a regular and frequent schedule (3x/wk is my schedule) to look "Sly."

What I wish is that it was not too late to do something about the ear-hairs on my lower lobe and my tragus.  I do some (careful) razor work on these areas (the captive-bead piercing gets in the way on the left), and some scissors work, too, but I'd like to have these areas beyond concern, but that's no longer possible.  Oh, well.

Offline HAIRLESSHUEY

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #235 on: November 27, 2009, 12:47:50 AM »
I have been shaving my head for 6 years. At twenty one years old I noticed my curly fro just wasnt as thick as it was and that I was starting to go bald. So I shaved that day and I havnt stopped. Most of the time I like to shave my head but there are those times where i cant get it smooth enough or my skin gets raw. I want my hair gone and Im looking for a place to do it in the los angeles area or in the San Gabriel valley. If anyone has info  let me know.

Funny thing is that years ago I called a few diff places that did the laser thing and they told me they wouldnt do it. It just wasnt a common practice. 

marty22

« Reply #236 on: November 27, 2009, 07:21:38 AM »
good pic and welcome. I think 1 or 2 peoople have had laser on here form the LA or ner LA area. Ask Petree Dish.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 11:24:16 AM by marty22 »

Offline Sly Red

• GSG Southerner in Exile
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #237 on: November 27, 2009, 12:23:14 PM »
Welcome to Sly Bald Guys, Gerrick.  Post up in the Introduction topic and let the other guys know you're here.

Looked at your profile . . . you look great for 127 years old!  ^-^

Red
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

marty22

« Reply #238 on: November 27, 2009, 01:06:25 PM »
He doesnt look a day over 126.

Offline HAIRLESSHUEY

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #239 on: November 27, 2009, 01:06:55 PM »
T[hanks for the welcome guys. Its good to be in contact with some people that dont think im insane for doing this. To me its a no brainer. It would be nice to cut down on the shower time with an easier shave just after the first couple visits. Even though I am determined to go the whole path despite the pain.

lol 127.

Enter your email address: