Author Topic: Laser hair removal on your scalp  (Read 611375 times)

marty22

Re: Laser hair removal on your scalp
« Reply #210 on: November 02, 2009, 05:02:55 PM »
I had too much gray. Thats why I didnt do it all.

Offline petree dish

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #211 on: November 02, 2009, 11:46:59 PM »
gotcha i figured that out.

I was pretty nervous a day ago about the decision but i find myself getting excited about it allot more. everytime the stubble comes back i think about how I will never have to deal with it again come next summer.
Watch the stars turn into nothing

Offline K2

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #212 on: November 03, 2009, 07:38:29 AM »
So I dont come and check in for a few weeks and then I finally do and I find out that two of you SISSIES finally took the plunge........AWESOME... Welcome to the club. I should have my 4th treatment around Mid December......WOOO WHOOOO

Offline Common

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #213 on: November 03, 2009, 09:30:12 AM »
After waiting a couple of days for the scalp to heal, I shaved and loofaed every day or so like before.  If you don't do that, it will look bad.  Also, I wouldn't worry about greasiness for a week or two.  Just use lots of sunscreen during the day and moisturize at night

The tech had told me at the consult that she expected about two hours the first time. She drew off "sections" on my head and did one section at a time going first in one direction and then crossways across the same area.
So should I shave every day or two as I used to while waiting on the hair to fall out? Or should I let it grow and use a loufa(sp?) sponge in the shower to help it along on it's path down the drain?
And another question, what should I use to condition my head? Have used Lubriderm lotion and Head Lube before but both seem to leave it greasy. I want to shine without being greasy.
Thanks for your input and it's great to be SLY!!

Offline petree dish

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #214 on: November 09, 2009, 11:41:18 AM »
So how are everyones lasered heads doing? My first session is 11/21!

Offline TheSlyKang

• Sly Jr.
  • Don't blame me. I voted for the old guy & hot chic
« Reply #215 on: November 14, 2009, 09:33:16 AM »
It's been about 3 weeks now since my first laser treatment. :'( Didn't see much difference till about 2 weeks. Then looked in the mirror one morning and realized how much gray hair I have. The darker hair that they claim they can get rid of has quit growing for the most part for now. I must admit I have gotten lazy as of late and have been shaving every 3 days or so. Well the morning that I noticed the dark hair gone and the gray needing a shave, I used HeadSlick and my Mach3 and got the closest shave EVER.  O0  I assume this is because once shaved I had much less whiskers and stuble. I then lotioned with Neutrogena Healthy Defense Sunblock lotion. My head stayed smooth ALL day for the first time ever. Normally I can feel the stuble growing back in after noon.

I am 40 yrs old and the gray will be here to stay. But if the laser treatment allows me to shave 2 or 3 times a week with results like this instead of 7 times a week with stuble by noon, it is definately worth it to me. Good luck with your treatment Petree. Let us know how it goes for you.   STAY SLY.
Don't blame me. I voted for the old guy and the hot chick!

Offline petree dish

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #216 on: November 19, 2009, 08:37:36 AM »
I will! How long did your head stay smooth for kang??

Offline TheSlyKang

• Sly Jr.
  • Don't blame me. I voted for the old guy & hot chic
« Reply #217 on: November 19, 2009, 08:05:45 PM »
If I shave in the morning it stays smooth all day. I can go the next day without shaving if I'm running late. It will have a little stuble (gray/white hair) that cant be seen but I can feel. When the dark hair starts growing again I'm supposed to call the tech and schedule my next appt. I've never gotten smoother shaves though.
Don't blame me. I voted for the old guy and the hot chick!

Offline Mike

• Sly genetics guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
    • Facebook
« Reply #218 on: November 19, 2009, 08:43:49 PM »
Darn y'all are tempting me. I still owe another $1000 on the truck but after that, laser hair removal, here I come! The only place that I found here in Spokane is the Louisville laser and they charge $2000 for lasering a whole scalp. So that would be 2 months wages (after I keep money for gas and phone). Today I was talking to a customer that had it done and he said it wasnt bad at all and well worth it.
 Hmmm, maybe I will just ask for cash for Christmas so I can get it sooner...

marty22

« Reply #219 on: November 20, 2009, 05:50:53 AM »
do your research and get a few prices and a few opinions.....

Offline DENNIS

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #220 on: November 20, 2009, 11:28:53 AM »
I WILL TELL U MY STORY AS BRIEF AS I CAN BE...

I HAD MOSTLY A FULL HEAD OF HAIR WITH THE DREADED SEMI PLANE- RUNWAY ON THE TOP..   MY HAIR FROM WHAT I COULD TELL WAS MOSTLY ALL BROWN...

IM 44 DURING THE PROCEDURES...

I USED TO SHAVE MY HEAD TOTALLY FOR YEARS AT THAT POINT,, LIKE 10 OR SO..  AT LEAST 2-3 TIMES A WEEK,,  SINCE AFTER 1 DAY U WOULD SEE THE DARK OUTLINE, AND AFTER 2 DAYS DEF SOME HAIR AND COULD TELL FROM 1000 YARDS CLEARLY I WAS GOING BALD..

I HAD I THINK 7 OR 8 HAIR TREATMENTS..   AFTER THE FIRST 2 I HAD TIGER STRIPES ALL OVER,,  I WAS IN A PANIC....  I THEN READ THAT IT COULD BE THAT WAY FOR EVER... 

U SEE THE TRICK IS TO MAKE SURE U HAVE NO,,,, NO  ,, NO GRAY,  OR VERY VERY LITTLE,, BECOUSE THE LASER WILL NOT DESTROY ANY GRAY HAIR..ALSO,, ONCE U START, U NEED TO MAKE THE COMMIMENTMENT TO KEEP GOING ,, NO EXCUSES,,  OR YOUR FRIENDS WILL CALL U PATCHY..  BECOUSE U WILL BE STUCK WITH PATCHES OF HAIR GROWING....
THE TREATMENT IS BRUTAL..  I BOUGHT A BOXER MOUTH GUARD TO BITE ON DURING THE TREATMENT,,  JUST THINKING OF IT MAKES ME CRINGE.... I CAN STILL SMELL THE BURNING HAIR, AND THINK OF THE SHARP --HOT---ZAPS THAT SHE (THE DR) GAVE ME,,,,   HUNDREDS TO COVER MY WHOLE HEAD,,  EVERY TIME...

EACH TREATMENT WAS ABOUT 500 DOLLARS,,, YES AD THAT UP...I BELIEVE I COULD NOT BUY THAT MANY RAZERS IN MY LIFETIME..LOL...

ANYWAY,,  AFTER ALL THE TREATMENTS,,   I AM LEFT WITH THE STRAY GRAY HAIRS,,  NOT MANY,,   U SEE THEY WERE HIDING....  AND VERY VERY MINIMAL HAIR GROWTH AT ALL,,  AND NOW VERY VERY THIN,,,    I COULD GO AT LEAST 1-2 WEEKS WITHOUT SHAVING NOW, AND ONLY TOWARD THE END OF THE SECOND WEEK WILL I REALLY NOTICE THE GRAY FUZZZZZZZ...

I CAN FEEL STUBBLE FROM ABOUT 3-4 DAYS, BUT IS UNNOTICIBLE UNTIL AT LEAST A WEEK,,,   THE HAIR THAT GROWS IS ONLY GRAY, AND BLOND, OR WHITE,,  AND GROWS VERY SLOWLY....

I WOULD SAY THE TREATMENTS TOOK ABOUT 95% OF TOTAL HAIR,  WITH THE 5% BEING THE GRAY/BLONDE/WHITE.....   SOOOO YES THE TREATMENT WORKED!!!

MY SCHEDULE WAS ONCE A MONTH FOR 7-8 MONTHS....

IF U CHOOSE TO DO IT,,,  DO NOT STOP.....

U CAN NEVER RESTART THE TREATMENTS ONCE U STOP,,  U SEE THERE IS A NUMBER OF TIMES U CAN TREAT A SPOT THAT HAD HAIR GROWING THAT DOES NOT NOW,,  IF U GO BEYOND THAT THE LASER TREATMENT WILL START TO REGROW HAIR,,  THATS RIGHT,, REGROW HAIR...   SOOOO...   U NEED TO BE DELIGENT ABOUT YOUR APPOINTMENTS, AND START, GET DONE ,,  PAY,, AND BE DONE WITH IT..

I SEE PEOPLE WHO HAD 3 TREATMENTS AND STOP,,,  THEN A YEAR LATER RESTART TREATMENTS,,,  TO HAVE ALL THE HAIR THEY HAD LEFT BE STOPPED, BUT THE ORIGINAL HAIR THEY HAD STOPPED START TO REGROW..  SOOOO WHAT IS LEFT WAS    TIGER STRIPES OR PATCHES.....  AND STILL OUT THE MONEY...

SOOO I HAD GOOD ADVICE FROM THE DR, AND A GOOD TREATMENT, AND NOT MUCH GRAY AT ALL...   SOOO I HAD A GOOD TURNOUT...

MY OFFICIAL OPINION IS THE TREATMENT WILL NOT BE 100% FOR ANYONE... IT WILL GET RID OF MOST,,  90-95% ,,  U WILL STILL NEED TO SHAVE FROM TIME TO TIME...

I MUST SAY THOUGH,,,   MY SHAVING OF MY HEAD NOW IS LIKE,,,,, 30 SECONDS,,  SINCE IT IS SO THIN THAT I HAVE NO NEED TO USE ANY SHAVING CREAM...  AND ONE STROKE DOES IT ALL FOR THAT SPOT...

SOOO,, WOULD I DO IT AGAIN,,,,   YES     BUT I WOULD HAVE DONE IT 5 YEARS EARLIER,,,  I MIGHT HAVE HAD 99% WITH NO GRAY HAIRS...

CHIN UP,   OPEN THE WALLET, AND GET A BITE BLOCK,,, DONT LET THEM TILL U ITS MINIMAL PAIN,,, IT FREKKIN HURTS,,,,,  OF COURSE IM A BABY..LOL...  EVERYONES PAIN THRESHOLD IS DIFFERENT..

GOOD LUCK,,  PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW U DID, AND IF U DECIDED TO DO IT...

I WILL BE HAPPY TO SEND U PICTURES IF U WANT..

TALK TO U LATER
DENNIS

Offline petree dish

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #221 on: November 20, 2009, 03:19:04 PM »
Dennis email me the photos and I'll post them up fir people interested in it!  I'm posting mine up once I start tomorrow! (If that ok with you) blue.petree.dish@gmail.com

i'm glad that I'm getting this done at 25 yrs old.

B

marty22

« Reply #222 on: November 20, 2009, 04:39:52 PM »
close-ups before and say 2 wks after each treatment could be helpful if not time consuming.

Offline petree dish

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #223 on: November 21, 2009, 08:58:56 AM »
For sure! I'll post a bunch of photos. I'm just about 20 minutes out from my first treatment. I'll post back with how it went.

Offline petree dish

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #224 on: November 21, 2009, 12:34:27 PM »
OK I'm back from my first treatment. They were right, the new laser didnt hurt. Unfortunately it cannot grip on parts of the head where the skin is very tight and their is curvature (crown) so i got to do it with the new laser and and older style laser. So far everyone's reports are pretty accurate. I guess I have a high pain tolerance so I didnt find the procedure too bad. There were definitely parts where she would run a line of zaps and after about 5 zaps I had sweaty hands and had to take a few seconds break. its just so sensitive on the back. My head is pretty tingly right now.

B

Enter your email address: