Author Topic: Have people said you look older than you are?  (Read 15656 times)

Hairisforgirls

Have people said you look older than you are?
« on: October 12, 2008, 04:22:04 PM »
I'm 22 and I only recently started cutting my hair very short (I keep it on a grade 1). I am too lazy when it comes to shaving so I don't bother with the fully bald look. Anyway, before I buzzed my hair I always got asked for identification in bars and people would say I looked younger than I was. After the buzz it's the opposite. I never get asked for ID and some people have said I look like I'm in my late twenties.

Does the sly/buzzed look really add that much age on? Will I only look younger when I'm in my forties? Do all young sly/buzzed guys always look older? Below are two pics of me, one at the age of 20 when I could still get away with medium-length hair. The other one is more recent with the buzz. Can you see the age difference between the two pictures?

Before and After

Offline Brkeatr

• Sly Bureau
Re: Have people said you look older than you are?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 04:47:52 PM »
Well, the pic on the left, the one with hair I guess, you look like you just got done playing with Susie in the sandbox. But all kidding aside, I think it depends on the person and it''s hard for me to tell because I can't really see your hair that well. But, I think you may be right, some younger people do look a little more mature with shorter hair than longer hair. I think that may go for older people as well, as I have had some people think I'm older than what I am and others who have thought I was younger. I think it's all in the eyes of the beholder....IMO.... O0

By the way, welcome to the Forum !!     O0

Offline Dome of Steele

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 08:00:00 PM »
27 and it seems like I get ID'd less since going sly (about a year ago). 
Then again it could be bc I go out drinking too much and they just recognize me!
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/090813/sampff0212de70bbab6a.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 08:42:29 PM »
I think going sly sort of pulls everyone toward the middle -- so if you are really young you look more mature and you're older, it can shave a few years off.   Shorter hair in general is a more mature look, for the most part -- that's why when actors are playing parts that are significantly younger than their real age, they'll never have a really short haircut.  If you're older, then shaving  your head erases some of the telltale signs of aging, like receding hairlines and greying hair.

BALDANDRE

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 10:20:50 PM »
For most dudes having a slick bald head creates the opposite..

years are shed off..

at least that's been my sly story! ;)

Offline slickjay

• Sly Jr.
  • It could not possibly get any better than this.
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2008, 05:43:50 AM »
I'm 27 and people have said I look older. I think it depends on how old you are to start out with. I think for those of us in our early to mid twenties it makes us look more mature. For my Sly brothers who are a little further up the Hill, it makes them look younger. What other hairstyle works such miracles?
"It seems to me that if you or I must choose between two courses of thought or action, we should remember our dying and try so to live that our death brings no pleasure to the world."

East of Eden, John Steinbeck

Offline no1birdman

• No Jokes
  • Super Sly
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2008, 10:15:01 AM »
Well i am 60 in 2months so i hope i look younger

GASlick

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2008, 05:24:07 PM »
I'll be 38 on the 25th.  I get told all the time that I look younger than I am.  it's the hair! ;D

My hair is almost all gray.

Offline hammerdrill376

• Get your SLY on
  • Sly Bureau
    • Welcome to our little part on the web
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2008, 05:26:51 PM »
Actually have had several people who did not believe I was 45...thought I was in my mid to late 30's
Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place. If victorious we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.

Gen. Robert E. Lee C.S.A

Offline jumissa.fi

• Finnish B.B.C.
  • Sly
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2008, 05:37:58 PM »
Im 21 in couple of months and best / worse have been that people thought i was 28  8) O0
--- BBC since July 2oo7 ---

http://www.myspace.com/jumissafi

JohnMont

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2008, 05:56:44 PM »

Well; I'm 72 and I think I look a lot younger than that.  What do you guys think?

John

Offline hammerdrill376

• Get your SLY on
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2008, 05:57:27 PM »
Dude..there is NO WAY..you are 72!!
Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place. If victorious we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.

Gen. Robert E. Lee C.S.A

JohnMont

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2008, 06:07:29 PM »

Yeah; I know;   just kidding; 

actually 54 ...   just wanted to see how people reacted .

Offline hammerdrill376

• Get your SLY on
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2008, 06:08:18 PM »
I was still off..beardless or not I was guessing late 40's.

Gen. Robert E. Lee C.S.A

marty22

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2008, 06:27:15 PM »
Just turned 55 but most people think 45-47 ish. After some of my kettle bells workouts with the trainer, I may look 102. LOL