Author Topic: Stronglifts--good site for gym newbs  (Read 1574 times)

Offline throwingbombs

• Sly Guy in Training
Stronglifts--good site for gym newbs
« on: October 09, 2008, 05:43:34 PM »
www.stronglifts.com

I just started the beginner 5x5 program at stronglifts and I'm loving it.  It keeps my time in the gym relatively short, and I go to the gym with a plan.  Seriously check the site out if you're new to fitness or are looking to get some direction in your workouts.  There is also a whole huge section on nutrition.

The basic premise of stronglifts 5x5 is that you work on building strength--not necessarily size.  Almost all of the exercises are done with barbells.  With stronglifts you will do squats, deadlifts, bench, overhead press, reverse crunches, prone bridges, pull-ups, push-ups, and inverted rows.

There is an 'A' workout and a 'B' workout.  You alternate them as you go to the gym 3x a week.

I've really liked the program so far--but I think it'd be interesting if some other people got into it too so that we could compare results on the program.  I know that a few of you are trying to get back into the gym--and if you're considering it-- www.stronglifts.com is really worth the read...

“Powerful, vigorous men of strong animal development must have some way in which their animal spirits can find vent.”

Offline throwingbombs

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: Stronglifts--good site for gym newbs
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 09:25:31 PM »
Anyone doing stronglifts 5x5 yet?

NO replies? NO ONE is interested in SL?

bah.

I have done 2 weeks worth of SL 5x5 and by wednesday of next week I will be squatting 1x my bodyweight for the first time in my life.  I'm stoked.

Has anyone even checked out the site yet?
“Powerful, vigorous men of strong animal development must have some way in which their animal spirits can find vent.”

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Stronglifts--good site for gym newbs
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 09:28:10 AM »
If I'm able to get back into the gym, that is something I could definitely use
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Enter your email address: