Discussions About Being Bald > General Discussion

Lies, Myths, and Half-Truths about going bald

<< < (2/3) > >>

Brkeatr:
Yes, scarlet fever can cause hair loss or baldness, I believe however than it's an bacterial infection...

champ007:

--- Quote from: angad on October 06, 2008, 11:38:04 AM ---#8 Stupid Bald Lie: Frequent ejaculation causes baldness
Don't believe this bald myth
Get real. :*)) millions blame this for gettin bald

This is a total misconception. Masterbation might lead to guilt, but not to baldness. Depending upon frequency, it could change plasma testosterone, but frequent ejaculation does not cause baldness.

--- End quote ---

I can use this to pick up chicks  >:D
I also thought it would cause blindness.... found out its the pepper spray that does that  >:D
J/K  :)

TheSlyBear:

--- Quote from: Brkeatr on October 06, 2008, 04:23:13 PM ---Yes, scarlet fever can cause hair loss or baldness, I believe however than it's an bacterial infection...

--- End quote ---
Correct. Streptococcus pyogenes to be exact.

abdominator3:
hey bootedbear...wats happening..

#10 Stupid Bald Lie: A viral infection will cause balding
According to Pinnochio ...
There are no known viral infections that can cause direct balding.

There are medications that can kill hair roots, and would cause hair loss. Talk to your doctor if this happens to you.

Hair loss is not caused by higher levels of testosterone, but rather, by a greater sensitivity of hair follicles to DHT (dihydrotestosterone). DHT causes your hair follicles to shrink and then eventually disappear.

More to add here. Hair loss is progressive. Testosterone levels decline with age. There's the disconnect.

THE disease u talking about is a bacterial  infection and not viral..so yea that causes baldness your right..

BE BALD BE PROUD!

buddha:

--- Quote from: champ007 on October 06, 2008, 04:52:18 PM ---
--- Quote from: angad on October 06, 2008, 11:38:04 AM ---#8 Stupid Bald Lie: Frequent ejaculation causes baldness
Don't believe this bald myth
Get real. :*)) millions blame this for gettin bald

This is a total misconception. Masterbation might lead to guilt, but not to baldness. Depending upon frequency, it could change plasma testosterone, but frequent ejaculation does not cause baldness.

--- End quote ---

I can use this to pick up chicks  >:D
I also thought it would cause blindness.... found out its the pepper spray that does that  >:D
J/K  :)

--- End quote ---

To show how hypocritical the people are who make this $h!t up are they say that excessive masturbation causes hair loss but how do they explain all the hair that grows on the palm?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version