Author Topic: The Rolling Razor is great and gets 5 stars from Bald King  (Read 13607 times)

Offline baldking

• Brian
  • Sly
  • "The time is now"
    • bald head shine
The Rolling Razor is great and gets 5 stars from Bald King
« on: October 02, 2008, 12:38:14 PM »
I just bought a rolling Razor from Rolling Razor dot com and it took 2 days to get here and I was happy with that.  I got home and put it to the test.  I have tried the head blade but the Mac 3 still was my #1 but this razor is unbelievable.  Not only did it have a suction mount for the shower it glides in both direction with the precession that gets 5 stars in my book.  I used the Mac 3 in the shower for years and never thought a razor was going to take its place but with this new technology it leaves my head with the perfect shave.  The performance is so easy and it works with your fingers so what ever way you decide to control the razor it follows your lead.  WoW.  Has anyone here tried this product yet?  If so what do you think?  If not I suggest you check out the website and give it a roll.  Literally!!   Rolling Razor.  “Where the razor meets the dome” www.rollingrazor.com  I am also running a special on my bald head shine the month of  October so anyone who buys a single bottle of bald head shine get cue shield 55 spf Head shine protection free.  Thanks Tyler and sly bald guyz www.baldheadshine.com
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 12:49:33 PM by baldking »

http://www.baldheadshine.com
slimgoodbody@hotmail.com

Offline Brkeatr

• Sly Bureau
Re: The Rolling Razor is great and gets 5 stars from Bald King
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 12:51:29 PM »
Never heard of it but just watched the video and found it interesting...... O0
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 12:54:05 PM by Brkeatr »

Offline THier

• Super Sly
  • Sorry for bad camera phone pic,,
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 03:28:12 AM »
I wonder why they call it "rolling" razor,, the HB Sport rolls more than it. Interesting though. What does it use for blades. I didn't have a lot of time to check out the entire site.

Tom

Offline baldking

• Brian
  • Sly
  • "The time is now"
    • bald head shine
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 03:43:29 PM »
I been putting this razor to the test and let me tell you I have found a long term razor aside from my electric water proof razor.   You put it on your index finger front to back and side to side with no nicks.  Technology is really amazing on this razor.  4th time using it and I have yet to find a flaw.  getting better at the stroke with the blade.  Practice makes perfect so I can make a nice video for all my bald buddies to see the effectiveness. Mac 3 no more. O0  Bald king
slimgoodbody@hotmail.com

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2008, 07:07:55 PM »
Hey, Baldking.  How does the blade costs and durability compare with the Mach III?
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline ripped53

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008, 07:25:50 PM »
Choices choices.....hmmmmm which way to go.  Headblade or Rolling Razor???????????????????????
Sly and Shiny......Ingrown hairs are my enemy....

Offline The Zook

• One Blade Renegade
  • Super Sly
  • Collector O'Razors
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2008, 07:43:56 PM »
I agree, it is a nice setup... However it wasn't quite as instant for me, there was a learning curve because it 'is' different. You pretty much throw out everything you have learned about shaving.

1. The cartridges are rounded.
2. The grip is completely changed.
3. You can shave in both directions without adjusting your hold.

It was easier for me to shave my face than my head, but feel I could have easily mastered that if I had given it more time.

Thumbs up though, no doubt. As another bonus, I found their shave oil and cream to be well made and had a nice scent to it also.

Offline baldking

• Brian
  • Sly
  • "The time is now"
    • bald head shine
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2008, 03:04:54 PM »
Hey, Baldking.  How does the blade costs and durability compare with the Mach III?

Thats a good question.  I'd like to ask the audience! O:O
slimgoodbody@hotmail.com

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2008, 09:18:06 AM »
No thanks.... I'm sticking with my HeadBlade. Best tool for the job. 

And at 7.95 for four cartridges!, c'mon man.

I'd use a Fusion before that gadget.       :/O

Offline time2shine

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2008, 09:48:08 AM »
Well i received my rolling razor last night, and I used it this morning.  As of now, I give it thumbs... down.  Atleast for the headshave.
As Lucky suggested in a previous thread, practice on your face.  I did so, and it worked decent under my neck - no irritation, as I usually get in that area; So I was happy about that.  After 'apricotting' the dome, and latering it up with headslick, I started with the RR from the back of my head.  Maybe I wasn't skilled enough with the razor yet, but I had to take numerous swipes to get a closer shave.
Bottom line, I was in a hurry for work, so I just grabbed my Mach 3, and I was able to get a closer shave with ONE scrape than I could with 3 swipes of the Rolling Razor.
I will test this product a bit more and try to master using it, but even when I used it on my face, I could tell that this was not just a 1 or 2 swipe blade.  The benefit is it's designed to not cut or irritate, which is good.  But for me, I'd rather risk getting cut with a closer shave.

I plan on using it for my face, but sticking with the M3 for the crane.

Offline The Zook

• One Blade Renegade
  • Super Sly
  • Collector O'Razors
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2008, 10:03:21 AM »
It's tough to get used to, especially with typically one blade touching at a time... you really have to make sure the angle is right, and with a rounded area like the head, it's tough... much like using a single edge DE razor in my opinion.

I'll be trying this out soon:

Offline abdominator3

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2008, 11:01:34 AM »
Hey t2s... Wats good bro... My conclusion was right then yea lol... Nah but really this product is not so bad though it does take time to get use to though ... U can do wat I did look up on youtube and there some videos on the guys using the rolling razor ... I hope that helps...and yup u right to get a close shave with it u need to go 1st with the grain then against it...

Good luck man O0

Offline Luke68

• Learning the way of Sly
  • Me an my friend the eagle-owl Friedolin
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2012, 02:37:12 AM »
Hi The Zook,

you´re welcome to read my review "Alternative to the Headblade" about this phantastic tool O0

All the best and keep blading
Luke

Offline Bluebriz

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2012, 07:31:10 AM »
Is this spam,  why are some posts exactly the same?

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2012, 03:24:05 PM »
Briz... the majority of the posts in the thread are 4 years old. I think this thing came and went.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields