Author Topic: What have you learned about shaving your head from the SBG site?  (Read 7336 times)

baldy46

Re: What have you learned about shaving your head from the SBG site?
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2008, 05:40:37 AM »
I've learned that Shave Secret oil is great, especially when used with Headslick shaving cream.  I've never had such a smooth shave. 

I've learned that there really can be great forums on the internet.  This is the best, as far as I'm concerned.  Some great people here.

This site has given me the confidence to stick with my decision to stay sly.  I basically have a full head of hair, with some MPB/thinning on top and some wonder why I just don't let the hair grow back.  They don't understand how great sly is.

Offline Brkeatr

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2008, 05:55:44 AM »
Yeah Baldy, that works great for me too.....Shave Secret under the Headslick.....good combo... O0

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2008, 08:16:10 AM »
I have yet to try the secret shave.  Wonder if that could be the key to a smoother shave while I am in Haiti ..using cold water.

Offline Brkeatr

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2008, 08:23:22 AM »
I have yet to try the secret shave.  Wonder if that could be the key to a smoother shave while I am in Haiti ..using cold water.

I don't know Tim?  Didn't you say you were there before? How did you shave the last time? I know you probably wasn't shaving the noggin then , but what about the face? I think maybe you should just let it go for the week, not worth getting a skin infection or something..

Offline nomad

• Sly Beach Bum!!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Conch Republic Bikinis
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2008, 03:29:14 PM »
  Most importantly I learned that you can make strong friendships on a forum that is well formatted and respectful of all its members.

Amen brother  O0 8)

As far as shaving my dome just about everything I know came from here O0

baldy46

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2008, 06:51:49 AM »
Hey GASlick,  I tried the ice cube trick this weekend.  Great tip!  I'm adding it to my routine.

Offline IRONHORSE

• The Sly Ogre
  • Super Sly
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2008, 09:33:46 AM »
Hey GASlick,  I tried the ice cube trick this weekend.  Great tip!  I'm adding it to my routine.

You're a bigger man than I am! I'll do the cold water rinse, but the ice cube is a little over the top, for me. I just don't like anything that cold against anything other than my tongue :D

Offline MattD

• Sly Jr.
  • They call it the Damato
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2008, 11:07:11 AM »
I learned this weekend that the CVS brand M3 razors are a 100 times better shave than the HB doubs.  No cuts, no irritation, no clogging(yes, the triple blades gave me no clogging issues)  And they fit the standard headblade adapter. First shave in a month that hasn't required a little use of the styptic pencil.

That's the other secret possesion I learned was needed my first month of shaving, the styptic pencil will stop any bleeding in seconds, instead of using tissue that just bleeds again when you pull the tissue of to go to work.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2008, 12:17:05 PM »
yes but Matt....those things burn like hell. LOL  I have used them. One time my daughter cut her leg shaving.  She was like well what is it?  I just told her it was something to stop the bleeding and that you wouldnt even feel it.  SHE JUMPED AROUND LIKE A MAD WOMAN. LOL...but she got over it soon because she was greatful that it had stopped.  LOL

Offline MattD

• Sly Jr.
  • They call it the Damato
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2008, 12:52:14 PM »
hey, no pain... no gain.

I didn't think it burned too bad. But it did what it's supposed to.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2008, 01:54:34 PM »
What have I learned in here?  Well let me tell ya...you all are a bunch of weirdo's.  Joining an online forum talking about shaving heads.  What kind of people are you anyways?  Next think you know ...we will be talking about shaving our armpits and legs.....lol  you all are about nuts.  LOL

BUT I LIKE IT!

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2008, 04:50:18 PM »
What have I learned in here?  Well let me tell ya...you all are a bunch of weirdo's.  Joining an online forum talking about shaving heads.  What kind of people are you anyways?  Next think you know ...we will be talking about shaving our armpits and legs.....lol  you all are about nuts.  LOL

BUT I LIKE IT!

Well some talk in the past has been about shaving one's nuts!!!!
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2008, 06:04:45 PM »
ehhh I dont talk about it....I just do it.  Thats about like saying im going to punch you in the face....dont talk about it...JUST DO IT! LOL

Offline IRONHORSE

• The Sly Ogre
  • Super Sly
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2008, 10:53:12 AM »
I've learned that Shave Secret oil is great, especially when used with Headslick shaving cream.  I've never had such a smooth shave. 

I've learned that there really can be great forums on the internet.  This is the best, as far as I'm concerned.  Some great people here.

This site has given me the confidence to stick with my decision to stay sly.  I basically have a full head of hair, with some MPB/thinning on top and some wonder why I just don't let the hair grow back.  They don't understand how great sly is.
Yeah Baldy, that works great for me too.....Shave Secret under the Headslick.....good combo... O0

I'm a new convert to this combo! Tried it 2 shaves back and have never had ANYTHING approach the slickness these two give you! I just bought a new bottle of Shave Secret and am gonna dump it into my Head Slick, to save the time and effort of doing one first, then the other! Gives an AMAZING shave!!! O0 O0 O0