Author Topic: slick domes, comb overs, MPBs, & horse shoes...  (Read 6910 times)

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
slick domes, comb overs, MPBs, & horse shoes...
« on: September 09, 2008, 08:04:41 PM »
hello fellow chrome domes:  hope everyone is doing well.  i know most of us can agree that there R more guys "sporting" the slick, smooth noggins than ever b4; however, i still notice many guys "sporting" the comb overs, MPBs, & horse-shoes.  4 example, today while i was in the post office the 3 customers in front of me sported the horse shoe look & when i went out 4 lunch (2day) there was a guy wearing a horrible combover only donald trump would B proud of. :D :D

so... how 'bout U?  i know that we all notice more slick domes but have U also noticed many  comb overs, MPBs, & horse shoes, also?  what's your story?

WARHAWK O0

Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

buuckkweet

Re: slick domes, comb overs, MPBs, & horse shoes...
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 08:21:28 PM »
Hi Mel!

I watched in astonishment as a guy with a hair piece bent over in Ace Hardware to check out some merchandise.  The whole hair piece flopped forward.  He put his "masterpiece" back in place, well........sort of.  Now I have a pierced lip from biting a hole in it trying not to laugh! :*))

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 08:23:53 PM »
Hey, Mel, Yes I definitely notice it more and think how in the world can these guys be so blind.  Can't they see that shaving it slick is soo much better?  I just think "Do they know what they are missing????"
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 08:36:56 PM »
buuckkweet:  that is hilarious!   :*))

rick:  don't know why these guys R "blind" but i'm glad that we (sly guys) can see. ;D ;D O:O O:O O0 O0 O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 09:24:02 PM »
I'm definitely noticing a few more around town since I've gone sly....but, none as cool as me.  8)

Seriously, even before I was sporting the slick look, I would always notice the bad rug job. Even the Lovely Mrs. Schro (who still can't stand the sly look on me), would comment on seeing a bad rug.

Hey, if someone wants to sport a hairpiece or a horseshoe and they're comfortable with it...fine. Who are we to judge? They're probably also saying, "Who do those bald guys think they are anyway!?! Don't the know we're the ones that look cool."  :D

Different strokes for different folks.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Brkeatr

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 03:43:40 AM »
The other day as I was sitting in the parking lot waiting for my wife to arrive from work, I noticed a guy walking by that had a horeshoe. He had a hideous combover and it was only about 3 inches wide and never even came close to totally covering the top of his dome. All of a sudden a big gust of wind came along and blew it right off his head. I bet it hung down about 3 inches below his ear and he quickly tired putting it back in place and looking around to see if anyone was watching. Looked totally ridiculous and I actually felt sorry for him .

Offline slyinglide

• Give till it hurts!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Work hard, Play harder, Love Often
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 01:38:34 PM »
If they feel comfortable wearing the horseshoe or the comb over or the hair piece then more power to them, but I would like for them to experience the freedom being SLY....................
I was told to think outside the box, how did I get in the box in the first place?

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2008, 03:10:03 PM »
If they feel comfortable wearing the horseshoe or the comb over or the hair piece then more power to them, but I would like for them to experience the freedom being SLY....................

Exactly, I see a couple of guys, they're regulars, at the gym almost every morning, serious fitness guys, and why on God's Green Earth they "top" off their hard work with wispy, splochy thinning hair I just can't figure.  Maybe they are just not so worried about their appearance.  I mean when I see some slob, dressed poorly, etc., and he has a rim or worse a wispy top, combover, etc., you know he just has given up.  But these guys, I can't figure.  There's at least a 5-10% population of the gym when I go who are sly or 0 buzzed, so it's not like they don't realize they have an option, and a d*mn good one at that.

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2008, 03:47:56 PM »
Over this side of the pond its mainly Sly bald heads or horseshoes, but you hardly ever see a comb over.  Saying that, one of the worst combovers ever is on an older 'friend of a friend' of mine (he's just turned 60) and he seems to think no one has noticed he's really bald.  No one dare even mention baldness in front of him, he's so touchy, and he uses about a can of hairspray a week to hold it down, especially when he goes out in the wind. ;D :D

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2008, 04:48:12 PM »
We had our yearly small town Festival this past weekend. There are a lot of folks from out of town at the Festival. I say this guy, mid fifties I'd guess, with a sort of Donald Trump combover. So what's so unusual about that???? Well as I passed the guy I looked back at him and smack down the middle of the BACK of his head the hair was parted, then swished around the sides to the front. He then somehow managed to comb it from the back to the front.

Most ridiculous combover I'ver ever seen. Had to take an hour to do it.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline hammerdrill376

• Get your SLY on
  • Sly Bureau
    • Welcome to our little part on the web
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2008, 04:54:31 PM »
I see combovers usually once or twice a day.

Don't know if I inspired it or not but when I saw my service manager this morning he was 100% SLY. As of last week he was a combover.
Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place. If victorious we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.

Gen. Robert E. Lee C.S.A

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2008, 07:25:18 AM »
Good one! O0  Bet it WAS your influence O0 8)

Offline Kojack

• Sly
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2008, 09:10:47 PM »
Good one! O0  Bet it WAS your influence O0 8)

No doubt.  O0

These days when I walk around I notice somthing I never had before. There are a BUNCH of sly guys in my area. My thought is, the reason I never noticed them before is because they weren't around. It wasn't until they saw how super keen I look they decided to take the plunge and now they're everywhere!! We're all happier now for sure.  8)
Remember to never take my advice seriously (unless I'm being serious) and you'll do alright.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2008, 09:18:25 PM »
I have noticed alot of sly guys around too, but also I have noticed more combovers and stuff lately.  I guess I justnever really paid any attention..or much attention to other guys hair.

Offline Ghost1988

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2008, 10:03:15 PM »
hello fellow chrome domes:  hope everyone is doing well.  i know most of us can agree that there R more guys "sporting" the slick, smooth noggins than ever b4; however, i still notice many guys "sporting" the comb overs, MPBs, & horse-shoes.  4 example, today while i was in the post office the 3 customers in front of me sported the horse shoe look

i had a bad horseshoe until i went sly. you can still see the shadow of it though. does that count haha?